Prospect Info: LAK Draft (190th, 2020) RW Aatu Jämsen - Pelicans U18, U18 SM-sarja

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by Raccoon Jesus, Oct 8, 2020.

1. cyclones22 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We're all just having a little fun that our 7th rounder is doing well. I remember BLASTING (and rightfully so) the Kings fans who were like calm down, Kings haven't done anything yet. Don't count your chickens yada yada yada...during the 2012 run. F that noise. Half the fun is in the journey. Enjoy the moment or let those who want to do it without unnecessary commentary.

2. KingsOfCali25 Start up the Bandwagon!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I can't believe you'd leave out the best of them all Maxim Kitsyn :sarcasm:

3. Ziggy Stardust Master Debater Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Ha, I don't think anyone overhyped him, save for that one weirdo poster Basilisk.

4. johnjm22 16,005

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That's fantastically good.

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  5. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I often have more fun watching individual prospects than the Kings themselves, even during 2012-2014.

I love watching the youth grow, develop, and succeed.

It's knowing they are such a longshot to have an NHL career that makes watching them grow through the process and hopefully succeed that much more enjoyable.

6. Frolov 6'3 Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I understand what you mean but there are two different things.

Its never a bad thing to be excited about a prospect. You draw a line when somebody overreacts. Yes being the best team in the 7th round while he has yet to hit NHL surface might have triggered you.

You come up with Amadio as if he killed your dog. There have been other positive examples too. Stop being grumpy.

7. Choralone Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I remember being bummed when Michael Schumacher didn't pan out years ago and got throttled by the fun police for not being realistic about 7th rounders or something.

8. Basilisk Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000

Wait a minute, are you now cancelling people's ability to follow prospects? LoL, stop with the Cancel Culture already!!! :punk:

9. King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This is the second post you've obnoxiously thrown "cancel culture" at me while misquoting/taking a quote out of context. I'm ignoring you from now on so I no longer risk responding to your nonsense and potentially derailing threads.

I'm not inhibiting his ability to follow prospects. I am telling him if performance before the NHL doesn't mean anything (as is his right) then reading threads of the prospects where they aren't in the NHL will be of no use to him. Note I'm not "canceling" you - you are free to continue with your nonsense. I just won't be a part of it.

He can follow and talk prospects all he wants. In fact, I hope he does get the same excitement I do when I follow prospects and would love to talk with him more about it.

But if the attitude is "I won't buy the excitement for any prospect because you all loved Amadio at one point" then he'd be better off avoiding these threads.

10. driller1 Dry Island Reject

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No, but we are a fantastic 7th round drafting team for drafting someone who contributed to a Cup (Nolan) and our 2nd best dman (Roy). That's actually an impressive haul when you consider most teams have ZERO games from their 7th rounders.

Ghetty Green and Raccoon Jesus like this.
  11. Sleeping Dog Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 56,709
    But he was one hell of an F1 driver - 7 world championships.

FrozenKing18 and Raccoon Jesus like this.
  12. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Real Estate

Incredible.

Prior to Lee and Jamsen, Matt Roy is arguably a #1 dman from 2015; Jacob Middleton probably won't stick but he's gotten NHL games, 2014; Kubalik is an NHL 30 goal scorer in 2013; Ebert was mr. irrelevant in 2012 but we moved him in the Jack Campbell trade; and in 2009 we pulled BOTH Jordan Nolan and Nic Dowd.

In 7 years, that's 5 NHLers in the 7th round, one of whom is a top-six winger and one is a #1 dman. That's f***ing fantastic, I mean maybe it's not 'exciting' but knowing we have a draft team that can hit hard anywhere is pretty damn impressive. Really, really nothing to be complaining about here. We also didn't have those picks in 17 and 18, so 19 and 20 being Lee and Jamsen is why people are taking a long look at them.

Why is it so hard for people to just enjoy what's on deck?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  13. Fat Elvis El Guapo

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    I actually really enjoy following the longshots. There's so little known about their potential compared to the players drafted in the top few rounds. I don't see anyone claiming that these longshots like Lee and Jamsen are future NHL top 6 players. Odds are they're not. But I agree in enjoying the ride. They may turn into valuable players. Won't know until the bus stops. I'm totally rooting for Lee and Jamsen, but history has tapered my expectations.

14. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Real Estate
    Yep. Even late rounders that aren't 7th, like Meehan and Doyle. The more lottery tickets you have the better, and our org is great at converting them.

I don't see how anyone can not be thrilled that while we're looking at Clague, Bjornfot, et. al., that a guy ranked like 30th like Strand comes in and goes HAM.

Fat Elvis and Ghetty Green like this.
  15. rajuabju The One & Only

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    How are Pushkarev and Tukonen off your list!!! :)