Prospect Info: LAK Draft (190th, 2020) RW Aatu Jämsen - Pelicans U18, U18 SM-sarja

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
We're all just having a little fun that our 7th rounder is doing well. I remember BLASTING (and rightfully so) the Kings fans who were like calm down, Kings haven't done anything yet. Don't count your chickens yada yada yada...during the 2012 run. F that noise. Half the fun is in the journey. Enjoy the moment or let those who want to do it without unnecessary commentary.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Let's settle down. We've literally had like 4 players from the 7th round that have played since 2006. one of them is already out of the league, another is a 4th liner at best, one is currently with the kings, the other took off to chicago. I do hope this kid turns out well for us, but let's all just calm down. If you count the legend that is Middleton, that would make it 5.
That's fantastically good.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
We're all just having a little fun that our 7th rounder is doing well. I remember BLASTING (and rightfully so) the Kings fans who were like calm down, Kings haven't done anything yet. Don't count your chickens yada yada yada...during the 2012 run. F that noise. Half the fun is in the journey. Enjoy the moment or let those who want to do it without unnecessary commentary.

I often have more fun watching individual prospects than the Kings themselves, even during 2012-2014.

I love watching the youth grow, develop, and succeed.

It's knowing they are such a longshot to have an NHL career that makes watching them grow through the process and hopefully succeed that much more enjoyable.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Yeah but people are still sleeping on Pushkarev, he's about to make the jump.

Its cool, good for him. However it means nothing to me as a Kings fan. "Kings are the best 7th round" team in the NHL doesn't mean much either if the players are uninteresting at best. Kings have iced players before that had no business being in the NHL before so yeah.

Remember when Amadio was supposed to be a real gem? Now people are happy when he's scratched. Just different perspectives, I guess.
I understand what you mean but there are two different things.

Its never a bad thing to be excited about a prospect. You draw a line when somebody overreacts. Yes being the best team in the 7th round while he has yet to hit NHL surface might have triggered you.

You come up with Amadio as if he killed your dog. There have been other positive examples too. Stop being grumpy.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I remember being bummed when Michael Schumacher didn't pan out years ago and got throttled by the fun police for not being realistic about 7th rounders or something.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wait a minute, are you now cancelling people's ability to follow prospects? LoL, stop with the Cancel Culture already!!! :punk:

This is the second post you've obnoxiously thrown "cancel culture" at me while misquoting/taking a quote out of context. I'm ignoring you from now on so I no longer risk responding to your nonsense and potentially derailing threads.

I'm not inhibiting his ability to follow prospects. I am telling him if performance before the NHL doesn't mean anything (as is his right) then reading threads of the prospects where they aren't in the NHL will be of no use to him. Note I'm not "canceling" you - you are free to continue with your nonsense. I just won't be a part of it.

He can follow and talk prospects all he wants. In fact, I hope he does get the same excitement I do when I follow prospects and would love to talk with him more about it.

But if the attitude is "I won't buy the excitement for any prospect because you all loved Amadio at one point" then he'd be better off avoiding these threads.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
yes. i have no issue with acknowledging how well a current prospect is doing...but we're not a fantastic 7th round drafting team just because of said prospect.

No, but we are a fantastic 7th round drafting team for drafting someone who contributed to a Cup (Nolan) and our 2nd best dman (Roy). That's actually an impressive haul when you consider most teams have ZERO games from their 7th rounders.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No, but we are a fantastic 7th round drafting team for drafting someone who contributed to a Cup (Nolan) and our 2nd best dman (Roy). That's actually an impressive haul when you consider most teams have ZERO games from their 7th rounders.

Incredible.

Prior to Lee and Jamsen, Matt Roy is arguably a #1 dman from 2015; Jacob Middleton probably won't stick but he's gotten NHL games, 2014; Kubalik is an NHL 30 goal scorer in 2013; Ebert was mr. irrelevant in 2012 but we moved him in the Jack Campbell trade; and in 2009 we pulled BOTH Jordan Nolan and Nic Dowd.

In 7 years, that's 5 NHLers in the 7th round, one of whom is a top-six winger and one is a #1 dman. That's f***ing fantastic, I mean maybe it's not 'exciting' but knowing we have a draft team that can hit hard anywhere is pretty damn impressive. Really, really nothing to be complaining about here. We also didn't have those picks in 17 and 18, so 19 and 20 being Lee and Jamsen is why people are taking a long look at them.

Why is it so hard for people to just enjoy what's on deck?

Last edited:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I actually really enjoy following the longshots. There's so little known about their potential compared to the players drafted in the top few rounds. I don't see anyone claiming that these longshots like Lee and Jamsen are future NHL top 6 players. Odds are they're not. But I agree in enjoying the ride. They may turn into valuable players. Won't know until the bus stops. I'm totally rooting for Lee and Jamsen, but history has tapered my expectations.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I actually really enjoy following the longshots. There's so little known about their potential compared to the players drafted in the top few rounds. I don't see anyone claiming that these longshots like Lee and Jamsen are future NHL top 6 players. Odds are they're not. But I agree in enjoying the ride. They may turn into valuable players. Won't know until the bus stops. I'm totally rooting for Lee and Jamsen, but history has tapered my expectations.

Yep. Even late rounders that aren't 7th, like Meehan and Doyle. The more lottery tickets you have the better, and our org is great at converting them.

I don't see how anyone can not be thrilled that while we're looking at Clague, Bjornfot, et. al., that a guy ranked like 30th like Strand comes in and goes HAM.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I remember in the early 90's Kyosti Karjalainen had 5 pts in the first 4 games of his career and thought he was going to be a star. I went to 2 of those 4 games and watched him play with and without the puck. That was a fun team to watch. Smurf line Donnelly/Millen(was a terrific player but injury prone)/Granato.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I remember in the early 90's Kyosti Karjalainen had 5 pts in the first 4 games of his career and thought he was going to be a star. I went to 2 of those 4 games and watched him play with and without the puck. That was a fun team to watch. Smurf line Donnelly/Millen(was a terrific player but injury prone)/Granato.

I totally remember the big game that Donnelly / Millen / Karjalainen had. I still think of that line as "their" line with Karjalainen instead of Granato.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad