Proposal: LAK/CAR - LAK/TML - LAK/CAL

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You do know that a player’s handedness doesn’t restrict them from playing either side right?
I’m not sure if you know what it’s like to actually play hockey but dman playing on the wrong side while they do open up a d to d 1 timer option controlling the puck in zone becomes much less efficient. Shifting your body to collect a rimmed puck takes you out of position giving a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: Nanuuk

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
If you want a 1st for Toffoli, you are likely to be disappointed. Not many teams are giving them up this year.
I keep seeing this, but do we normally see many 1st round picks traded before tdl anyway? There are already 2 1st round picks traded and 8 2nd round picks...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I keep seeing this, but do we normally see many 1st round picks traded before tdl anyway? There are already 2 1st round picks traded and 8 2nd round picks...
Hall, who was a huge ufa, was shopped early. The response was lukewarm.

The Flames organization, particularly, simply won't deal their first for a rental.

The fact that so many 2nds have already been dealt makes the market for 2nds tighter.

Toffoli has cracked 50 points one time. He's not bringing back the Flames first round pick.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Is that what the deal was??? I’m pretty ****en sure there was more to it and it was indeed worthy of a conditional 1st rounder

Not for Calgary it wasn't worth it. Clifford isn't a need on the team, and neither is Campbell. Retention is welcome, but unnecessary as well for Toffoli. So while the package itself might be worth a 1st +, it isn't for the Flames. I would be rather shocked and disappointed if the Flames traded for Toffoli and a 1st was sent the other way.

I would rather the Flames add to a 1st and obtain a more significant asset. Flames don't need more depth. They need an upgrade on the wing (or at centre, and then decide if they want to move Lindholm back to the wing). They don't need depth, and I may be one of the few that actually like Clifford. Rittich and Talbot have been really good, and Calgary still has additional depth for the future in net as well.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You do know that a player’s handedness doesn’t restrict them from playing either side right?

That’s not the point of what the poster was talking about. Kings11 is getting his hand wrong. There’s a massive difference between RHD and LHD. Both value wise, and position wise.

And you can’t take someone’s post serious if they don’t even know what side he or she shoots with.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Hall, who was a huge ufa, was shopped early. The response was lukewarm.

The Flames organization, particularly, simply won't deal their first for a rental.

The fact that so many 2nds have already been dealt makes the market for 2nds tighter.

Toffoli has cracked 50 points one time. He's not bringing back the Flames first round pick.
Oh, forgot about Hall! So, 3 first already dealt. San Jose, Toronto and Arizona.

I'm not suggesting anything about Cgy's first. Just saying I've seen the comment about 1st not getting dealt this year when, in fact, we're probably on par with the average a this point and we might see more moving at the tdl.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Oh, forgot about Hall! So, 3 first already dealt. San Jose, Toronto and Arizona.

I'm not suggesting anything about Cgy's first. Just saying I've seen the comment about 1st not getting dealt this year when, in fact, we're probably on par with the average a this point and we might see more moving at the tdl.

Agreed. Over the years many picks are traded more than once. I'd expect on-the-bubble teams or contending teams with multiple picks to use some of the them to improve the team.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
How about a mih bigger deal?

Marty(25% retained) + TT(50%)

For

Lucic(20% retained) + 1st 20 + 2nd/1st 21(TT reisigning) + Dube/Kylington(C/LD)(both are currently playing and performing well for their roles) + 2nd 22(end of Looch?)

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

Plus 2 other 1st rounders have been traded, but with conditions: Toronto's and Arizona's

To go with the 2, as you mention, traded 1st rounders: Vancouver's and San Jose's

Reactions: jfhabs

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Love me some RHD v. RD semantics debates, especially when 1 side of the debate doesn't know that they're debating the term not the player's position.

Ledge And Dairy

Its actually 4 then, Tampa has Vancouvers 1st.
But lets put it into perspective first. Taylor Hall (even as just a rental) as an early Christmas gift is worth miles more then Toffoli as a rental at the deadline. 8 years of EK65 and 5 years of JT. Miller are certainly worth more. Both are better players but also come with lota of term. Lastly Toronto had to pay a premium to dump Marleau. As they are still very capstrapped and cant run a full roster even with him gone.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Alec Martinez @50% retained - $2 mill per
Jack Campbell
for
TML '20 1st
Julien Gauthier
cap filler

Alec Martinez @50% retained - $2 mill per
Jack Campbell
Kyle Clifford @50% retained - $800k per
for
Kasperi Kapanen
Jeremy Bracco
'20 2nd

Tyler Toffoli @50% retained - $2.3 mill per
Jack Campbell
Kyle Clifford @50% retained - $800k
for
Mark Jankowski
Cameron Talbot
'20/'21 1st rounder (conditional, '20 if they pass the 1st, '21 if they dont)
'20/'21 2nd rounder(^^reverse conditions)

I just spit balled these but make adjustments and counter offers... The Kings are open for business

I'll try to adjust these to be more realistic:

To Carolina: Alec Martinez @ 50%, Jack Campbell @ 50%
To Los Angeles: Jamieson Rees, 2nd round pick 2020, James Reimer

To Toronto: Kyle Clifford
To Los Angeles: Columbus 2020 3rd round pick

To Calgary: Tyler Toffoli @ 50%, Trevor Lewis
To Los Angeles: 2020 2nd round pick (becomes 1st if Toffoli re-signs with Calgary), 2021 3rd round pick

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad