Proposal: LAK at the draft

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Iaffalo for a 3rd+ 6th is fair, and I dont see us getting much for him. He's a solid, responsible player who doesnt shine in any specific role. Ideal 3rd line winger who can step into a 2nd line role on a limited basis. We need to move on from him simply to make room for younger players coming up in our system. But I dont see if getting anything of significance for him.

Durzi I've been ready to move for future considerations since the start of the season. Any return beyond that (as long as its not taking on a contract) is a plus as far as I'm concerned. If we can get a mid-round pick like a 3rd or 4th, I'll be very pleased.

We shouldnt be taking players back in trades right now (unless of course its some major upgrade over an existing roster player, but I dont see Blake doing anything like that)

Reactions: Kurrilino

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Two trades that free up space on the Kings and add pieces to rising teams

LAK - BUF
To BUF: Alex Iafallo + 6th 2023
To LA: 2nd 2023 + Ryan Johnson

LAK - DET
To DET: Sean Durzi
To LA: 2nd 2023

Why would we trade a 2nd for a budget version of Hronek that we just traded away?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Won't pretend to know the strategy in Buffalo but to me it seems like they are one or two seasons out from being a legitimate contender. Just need personnel that can help shut the door in close games, which Iafallo can do while chipping in a few goals

If Buffalo is one or two seasons away from being a legitimate contender then why burn a 2nd round pick on a player like Iafallo with two years remaining on his contract and a $4m cap hit?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I know very little about the kings so don’t take this as argumentative.
You post seems to directly contradict the post I replied to. That post seems (right or wrong) to be that guys opinion of how Iafallo plays. … honestly as an outsider yours seems … well like a nothing burger. Is there something out there showing Kopitar and Doughty called the front office every day? … it seems made up.

That's because it is made up. Kopitar and Doughty were not crying to management for Iafallo to get a deal done. Iafallo's a pretty good player, but the Kings have a bunch of pretty good players in that $3-4 million range.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 10.53.50 PM.png

Here's a comparison between Iafallo and Cirelli over the last three seasons, just as an example of approximately what you're getting in an Iafallo. The problem for LA is that they've got almost the exact same player in Trevor Moore too:

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 10.57.28 PM.png

With Fiala, Kempe, Arvidsson, Vilardi, Byfield, and Moore, that's six wingers for LA's top nine with a few more on the way (Kaliyev, Fagemo, Chromiak, and Turcotte to name a few). There just isn't room for all these guys at their current cap hit... specifically because of Petersen's contract, and because we need to re-sign Gavrikov and Korpisalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad