[LAK/ARI] Brayden Burke and Tyler Steenbergen for Cole Hults and Boko Imama

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
So they traded two guys who will probably never play regular shifts for two guys who will never play regular shifts.

This is the type of trade that if it's completed during the season, it doesn't even make the ticker.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
org's softness quotient increasing by the day..

largely indifferent about the trade itself but who's gonna be protecting this embarrassment of riches in the A now? 2 fan favorite, high character guys gone in a matter of days..

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Blake did the same thing for Kuemper. I definitely agree that we seem to be getting softer. At least Turcotte and Fagemo play in your face and chippy.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Prior to this season, the only thing I knew about Hults was from Mayors Manor et. al. So I was surprised to see how small he looked when I watched some Reign games. But he seemed steadier than guys like Durzi or any of the career minor leaguers.

When this guy is 25/26. years old he could find an everyday spot on an nhl lineup with a weak squad. Similar to Walker and Roy. Plus we just tossed Brickley, so right now guys like Gaunce and Phillips are the leftovers.

But this does make sense with guys like Spence, Grans, Durzi, Faber, Nousianan, and now Clarke in the pipeline over the next 2-3 years. So it’s clearing a log jam and getting some help at forward for the Reign. So yeah, total AHL deal all around.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Had high hopes for Hults too, but the writing was kind of on the wall there. He's in the double digits on the depth chart.

This doesn't affect toughness on the Kings whatsoever, the team needs some anger and fire from guys who can actually skate a shift. I have no doubt it was a favor to Imama, dude made great strides compared to what he was when he came in. If the Reign don't address toughness I will worry a bit about guys in the pipeline, however. The AHL is not a soft league.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
org's softness quotient increasing by the day..

largely indifferent about the trade itself but who's gonna be protecting this embarrassment of riches in the A now? 2 fan favorite, high character guys gone in a matter of days..

LY1Py3K_E0idp8Iy72Wvq4N7qXF4sZCXIXg1tVGrCVgSk5RM8sCHPUs7n7neGg-r8iahM64F0Fk4g_w5wRJruW_IVdh-KNtdHPs8_V5TyY7UHRUDOSm6srUzGbYmdcg_8_RB1-AzFs8mKVtDi6kqL6DflAHgH_LjDwQ

Reactions: Lt Dan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Prior to this season, the only thing I knew about Hults was from Mayors Manor et. al. So I was surprised to see how small he looked when I watched some Reign games. But he seemed steadier than guys like Durzi or any of the career minor leaguers.

When this guy is 25/26. years old he could find an everyday spot on an nhl lineup with a weak squad. Similar to Walker and Roy. Plus we just tossed Brickley, so right now guys like Gaunce and Phillips are the leftovers.

But this does make sense with guys like Spence, Grans, Durzi, Faber, Nousianan, and now Clarke in the pipeline over the next 2-3 years. So it’s clearing a log jam and getting some help at forward for the Reign. So yeah, total AHL deal all around.

Good point, our D prospects are definitely getting stronger and perhaps Hults is the odd man out. But I personally liked Hults more then Durzi, I think the same deal would have been done if Durzi was the player. No idea if the dudes we got back are any good but if Hults becomes a regular decent NHLer and we got two career minor leaguers that would really suck.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Good point, our D prospects are definitely getting stronger and perhaps Hults is the odd man out. But I personally liked Hults more then Durzi, I think the same deal would have been done if Durzi was the player. No idea if the dudes we got back are any good but if Hults becomes a regular decent NHLer and we got two career minor leaguers that would really suck.

The only tangible difference between Hults and Durzi is that dumping Durzi at this point is losing face.

Reactions: ru4reals

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The only tangible difference between Hults and Durzi is that dumping Durzi at this point is losing face.
Durzi made real strides forward this year. His career is moving in the right direction. Hults has his fans here, but was never really a threat to make it to the NHL without taking a huge step forward, but he hasn't done so - he was a longshot who is running out of time quickly and hasn't capitalized on his chance.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Hults was a longshot to ever make the Kings, and Imama was never going to, whatever.

Coyote fans being excited about Imama making their NHL roster says everything you need to know about where that franchise is

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
AHL deal. Word is Imama was not going to be qualified. Hults was a disappointment defensively, but I'm surprised they moved him so quickly after he missed much of the season injured. Burke is an AHL veteran who can score coming off a disappointing season, so he'll be a good add as a veteran player for the young ONT team and can help offensively. I'm not sure Steenbergen will even be qualified, but if he is, a bottom six AHL player. If not, opens up another spot on the 50 man roster. Reign have re-signed Doty to handle the tough stuff, he's an AHL heavyweight that one of the toughest in the league. Probably will see more ice time this year.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So they traded two guys who will probably never play regular shifts for two guys who will never play regular shifts.

This is the type of trade that if it's completed during the season, it doesn't even make the ticker.

It's a Bob Murray special. Never seen a GM make more AHL deals.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
AHL deal. Word is Imama was not going to be qualified. Hults was a disappointment defensively, but I'm surprised they moved him so quickly after he missed much of the season injured. Burke is an AHL veteran who can score coming off a disappointing season, so he'll be a good add as a veteran player for the young ONT team and can help offensively. I'm not sure Steenbergen will even be qualified, but if he is, a bottom six AHL player. If not, opens up another spot on the 50 man roster. Reign have re-signed Doty to handle the tough stuff, he's an AHL heavyweight that one of the toughest in the league. Probably will see more ice time this year.

this was what I was waiting for. @regulate knows the reign better than many of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad