[LAK/ARI] Brayden Burke and Tyler Steenbergen for Cole Hults and Boko Imama

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Burke has put up some decent numbers in the AHL.

I remember Steenbergen playing for Canada at the world juniors years ago.

Likely nothing but you never know how a change of scenery can help a player

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
I though Hults had an outside shot in the next couple years. Sending out LD prospects for more AHL forwards is a bit of a head scratcher. Losing more toughness in Imama hurts Ontario. By all accounts he was a good locker room guy.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
McDermid, Hults and Boko out ....I hope we get some toughness in the pipeline and roster before the season starts.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I though Hults had an outside shot in the next couple years. Sending out LD prospects for more AHL forwards is a bit of a head scratcher. Losing more toughness in Imama hurts Ontario. By all accounts he was a good locker room guy.

They may have also just sent out an AHL d-man, not necessarily a prospect. He's already 23. Does he have a couple years to get to the outside shot point? But I'm sure he's the next Cernak, because the Kings are the Kings.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
They may have also just sent out an AHL d-man, not necessarily a prospect. He's already 23. Does he have a couple years to get to the outside shot point? But I'm sure he's the next Cernak, because the Kings are the Kings.
A lot of Dmen take the next step around that age. I'd rather hold him than ship him for some scrubs.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Guessing this is a change of scenery deal. Hope it lights a fire under them

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A lot of Dmen take the next step around that age. I'd rather hold him than ship him for some scrubs.

Former 5th rd pick, 23, hasn't played yet. If he ends up a top 4 for Ari, then it's a bad deal, but until then, I'm not losing sleep over it. They didn't add him in the deal for Arvidsson or anything, the way Cernak was actually part of a trade for a real player. As of right now, it shouldn't be too tough to replace Cole Hults.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Did anyone watch Hults play this season? I was looking forward to him joining the blueline, but let’s be honest. He was the drizzling shits on a crappy blueline. Did not look good whatsoever.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did anyone watch Hults play this season? I was looking forward to him joining the blueline, but let’s be honest. He was the drizzling shits on a crappy blueline. Did not look good whatsoever.

Injured and just turned pro.

It's just weird to me that we pumped his tires and kept him in the org for so long only for him to barely play and then get turfed.

Just looking for the 'why' behind this trade and though it's not a huge deal it still reeks of trade low bad asset mgmt.

But to be fair yeah I'm a big stan of Hults, so this is just me admittedly being a bit of a homer.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad