Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Andreas Athanasiou signs with the Kings (1 year, $1.2M)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, it's a low risk, potentially medium reward move.

More likely low risk, low reward, but if you get 10 goals and potentially a third or fourth from him at the TDL, it's nothing but a win.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
I signed him on my Capfriendly armchair GM team in the spring for 2x2.2 mill and Oiler/Red Wings fans ate me alive saying he would never sign for that low.

Reactions: Morrison

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's 26YRs old, one season removed from scoring 30G, and had over 0.5 PPG before he was traded to Edmonton, where it clearly didn't work out.

Shrewd signing by the Kings.

let’s not forget that it wasn’t working out BEFORE Edmonton either. It’s not like the Red Wings didn’t want him out and from what I saw in Edmonton, for good reason.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
1.2M. It’s about right for the player he is in this cap environment. Won’t move the needle for the kings, don’t see it as a great opportunity for AA to “regain” his game.

Not a huge fan of his time in Edmonton, was excited initially, but he seems to have some IQ related issues, hangs on to pucks too long, tries too much with the puck on areas of the ice where he shouldn’t be risking things (trying to dangle while he’s below his own blue line), and his speed/skill seemed overrated but I will admit we didn’t get enough chances to assess this in his time in Edmonton.

Reactions: mouser and voxel

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I don't know about shrewd, I think that 30 goal season was an outlier. It does give them a little more depth to help insulate the kids though

It really depends on how you use him.
If he plays 15 minutes a night, you could get him to score at a 15-20 goal pace.
If he plays 17-18 minute a night, he could turn into a 25-30 goal pace guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad