Laine just got crushed by McCabe [mod warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Have you ever seen a Scott Stevens hit? McCabe's hit was weak. He literally stood there and positioned himself for the hit. There's clearly no intent to injure.

If you can't accept the fact that there's a physical element to hockey you should just go watch figure skating.

So many irrational fans right now. This was a textbook clean hit, nothing more to it. There was no malice associated with it. McCabe barely even moved, Laine is the one at fault for skating directly into him. He will learn from this and move on.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's just plain disgraceful. Wow. A hit, yeah cheer for it, but if he's laying out cold on the ice? Wow. No class. Looks like there's at least some respectful classy Buffalo fans on here though, wishing him well. That's good to see. I hope he's not hurt too bad and has a speedy recovery.

if it makes you feel better, that guy is wrong. They go quiet as soon as the fight ends and Laine is still down.

AustonMarner*

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
Different time and place in history. Ive been watching hockey for.over 30+ years. Things evolve and change. Should we tell women to stay in the kitchen too?

How is that even relevant? This is a physical game if he can't take the hits then he should not play. And this will happen every year if he plays like a headless chicken out there. Look at Skinner, the only way to learn is through experience or you are just smart enough to not have your head down.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
That's just plain disgraceful. Wow. A hit, yeah cheer for it, but if he's laying out cold on the ice? Wow. No class. Looks like there's at least some respectful classy Buffalo fans on here though, wishing him well. That's good to see. I hope he's not hurt too bad and has a speedy recovery.
Your username explains why your comment sounds like it does.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The thing that bothers me the most is the enjoyment some are getting out of a young man being hurt. That's easily the sickest part of this thread and incident. The fans in Buffalo were actually cheering the whole time. Even when he lay on the ice out cold.

You're not understanding what I'm saying at all. I'm not happy Laine got hurt. I wish this could be a thread simply about a hit of the year candidate that resulted in no injuries, because it was a hit of the year candidate imo. But I think people are being far too rash because Laine got shaken up. Instead of blaming the play, I hope Laine, when he comes back, will be more aware of his surroundings and not be vulnerable in a situation like that and whoever made the pass to him would think twice about making a pass to a super vulnerable player like that.

Change for the sake of change is ridiculous imo. Understand the consequences of outlawing hits like this. Sure, the risk of a player getting hurt may go down, an already low risk I might add, but understand what's lost. Understand how it impacts the game and makes it significantly worse. I don't think enough people are looking at how much worse the game would become.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
I was at the game today. Your lying. And insulting my family and me by stating thus lie.

I mean, we all heard the cheering live on the broadcast. You can't change that afterwards, however much you'd like to.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Saw it on TV they absolutely did. I saw fans high fiving each other. And why would I give two ***** about you or your family?

You're complaining about fans cheering over a clean hit? How about when Islander fans cheered "Crosby sucks" when he took a puck to the face? The sequence where it went up his stick, not Orpiks shot. It's no big deal

Read the mod warning in the OP post as well

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sabres fans were cheering the hit followed by the scrum not Laine getting injured.

AustonMarner*

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
I would absolutely pay to watch a hit like this. It was a nice and clean hit, reminded me of a Dion Phaneuf hit on Oshie. Amazing hit, absolute beauty.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

You're complaining about fans cheering over a clean hit? How about when Islander fans cheered "Crosby sucks" when he took a puck to the face? The sequence where it went up his stick, not Orpiks shot. It's no big deal

Read the mod warning in the OP post as well

Just as classless.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
How about when Byfuglien hit stone with the game in Winnipeg, lots of cheering could be heard.

Classless since stone was hurt.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's not cheering of the hit that bothers me, I'm ok with that. It's the cheering while he layout cold on the ground.

there was cheering after the hit, there was cheering during the scrum afterwords, then there was relative quiet when that was done and Laine was still down. Its a sports arena, so it wasn't silent. But its nothing that can be classified as cheering at that point. Not until they cheer him getting off the ice on his own feet.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
How about when Byfuglien hit stone with the game in Winnipeg, lots of cheering could be heard.

Classless since stone was hurt.

I think anyone cheering injuries is classless. If it happened in Winnipeg my stance would he the same as it in this situation. It's called standing by your convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad