Laine just got crushed by McCabe [mod warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Should probably add the sarcasm emoji. Some might not understand that it's sarcasm...at least I hope it is.

I can't understand how it's sarcasm. Cause if it's sarcasm, he's saying that McCabe's hit was as OK as dropping a baby on its head. I don't think it's OK to drop a baby and thus damage its brain. I think a person who drops a baby on its head should take a long, hard look at what he/she did wrong. If you think there was nothing wrong with McCabe's hit, it's a really weak analogy to compare it to dropping a baby. Unless ofcourse you think there's nothing wrong with dropping a baby.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think anyone cheering injuries is classless. If it happened in Winnipeg my stance would he the same as it in this situation. It's called standing by your convictions.

again, as a whole the crowd wasn't cheering an injury here. Maybe a few jerks, but the vast majority gets quiet as soon as the scrum ends and Laine is still down.

That video shows a crowd cheering a hit, cheering a scrum, then getting quiet for an injured player. Then they cheer again when he gets up and skates off.

Mitchell Matthews

Jan 1, 2017
I think anyone cheering injuries is classless. If it happened in Winnipeg my stance would he the same as it in this situation. It's called standing by your convictions.
This still would have happened everywhere. Every fanbase has these people. Not sure why many posters in here have this holier-than-thou attitude as if it is exclusive to fanbases other than their own.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Big hits happen. Fans cheer. You get the odd classless person (some posts in this thread are an example) but 99 percent of the time the cheering stops when you realize the player is injured. Your first thought as a fan Is Ohhhhhhhh shiiii he killed him.. woo yeah great hit. .. uh oh he's still down... maybe I shouldn't cheer anymore . It takes a moment to recognize the player is hurt

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I can't understand how it's sarcasm. Cause if it's sarcasm, he's saying that McCabe's hit was as OK as dropping a baby on its head. I don't think it's OK to drop a baby and thus damage its brain. I think a person who drops a baby on its head should take a long, hard look at what he/she did wrong. If you think there was nothing wrong with McCabe's hit, it's a really weak analogy to compare it to dropping a baby. Unless ofcourse you think there's nothing wrong with dropping a baby.

Maybe he can answer that for you. I was just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad