Laine is the best pure scorer in NHL?

Nov 24, 2006
You need a mod to tell you which threads to avoid?

Please double check your socks in the morning.

No I don't. I avoid most of them. What many of us are tired of is these endless threads that talk about the same things, often started the same day, and clogging up the main boards.

Reactions: Se829ne

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
No.

Dead pony is beaten already to a ketchup here.

Let's see how many pages we can still beat it until this thread gets it's much earned lock.

WTDnnwEh.jpg

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Laine needs a hatrick and he's back in the Rocket race.
He's currently at 41 goal pace. That probaly isn't going to be enough this year to contend for the Rocket as I think that Ovechkin and Kucherov will both have well above 40 goals, but it's very possibly top 3 or top 5.

While it's a long shot if he doesn't play with Scheifele, Laine does have some chance to contend for the Rocket this year. Although I don't think he's ready yet.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's currently at 41 goal pace. That probaly isn't going to be enough this year to contend for the Rocket as I think that Ovechkin and Kucherov will both have well above 40 goals, but it's very possibly top 3 or top 5.

While it's a long shot if he doesn't play with Scheifele, Laine does have some chance to contend for the Rocket this year. Although I don't think he's ready yet.

At 19. He hit 40 goals in his 79th career game. He should hit 50 career goals before his 100th NHL game. And he is not even 20 yet.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
No I don't. I avoid most of them. What many of us are tired of is these endless threads that talk about the same things, often started the same day, and clogging up the main boards.

Many of us are tired of people who cannot ignore threads and complain endlessly that people are not talking about what they want. Your distaste for free speach is noted. Thank you for your meaningful contribution.

Last edited:

TheJudge

Mar 11, 2007
Peter Forsberg once told me that Simon Gagne was the purest shooter he's ever seen.

Nov 24, 2006
Many of us are tired of people who cannot ignore threads and complain endlessly that people are not talking about what they want. Your distaste for free speach is noted. Thank you for your meaningful contribution.

Also noted is the irony of you not simply ignoring my comment.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Matthews is the best scorer in the league, 40 goals as an 18 year old... ridiculous talent.

Laine will never win a rocket, because a generational talent will be winning them all. Sorry to Jets fans, Laine born at the wrong time

What a dumb post.

Reactions: MrThomas

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Why do people make statements such as this after 15 games of players shooting with unsustainable percentages? Only player that could be argued to be in a league of his own is Ovechkin. After that, no single player stands out above the rest.
I'm making this statement based on performances since the beginning of last year. Specifically, we're talking about SCORING. Goals, buddeh.

Since the beginning of last season, nobody is better than Kucherov and Matthews in Goals per 60.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm making this statement based on performances since the beginning of last year. Specifically, we're talking about SCORING. Goals, buddeh.

Since the beginning of last season, nobody is better than Kucherov and Matthews in Goals per 60.

I feel like there is a bit of a mixed message here. Is it the goals that matter, or the goals per 60? They aren’t the same thing.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Can someone find or if they already know who scored their 50th career goal at the youngest age?

Dale Hawerchuck? Im not sure...

It was almost certainly Gretzky.

Edit. So far.

Gretzky 19y 67d
Kennedy 19y 77d
Carson 19y 120d
Crosby 19y 120d
Hawerchuk 19y 203d

Teeder Kennedy is the closest to Gretzky that I've found.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsfareast

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovechkin at Laine's current age had zero NHL goals. Laine has two full seasons of head start on Ovechkin

The NHL wasn't operating when Ovechkin was Laine's age. Pointless argument anyway, as Laine is unlikely to match Ovechkin's goalscoring numbers when it's all said and done.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kucherov atm

22 goals in 45 playoff games

when your goal scoring goes up in the playoffs you know you're a threat anywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad