Laine goal production in 2021/22 season?

How many goals does Laine get in 2021/22

• Total voters

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
What does that have to do with being a liability defensively?

“You have to cheat to be the goal king”- Laine
It shows that even a dumbass like Maurice was smart enough to use Laine in a empty net situation because of that shot. The shot is so good you need it out there to intimidate the opponent so they can't focus on trying to score themselves, because they need to watch out for Laine.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
It shows that even a dumbass like Maurice was smart enough to use Laine in a empty net situation because of that shot. The shot is so good you need it out there to intimidate the opponent so they can't focus on trying to score themselves, because they need to watch out for Laine.
Haha, we are talking about an empty net here. It was a way to pad his stats stop Laine’s crying. It was a detriment to the team. It’s far more important to block shots and cause turnovers than have Laine’s slow acceleration and complete lack of attention to defense.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I answered you perfectly. Laine is above the rest, because he's so gifted offensively with that shot. You can't hold him to the same standards as all the other players!
What standard was I holding Laine to in that post?

You want a conversation then great but stop the clown show.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It's the job of the coach to do what's best for the development of the player. And that's were both Maurice and Tortorella dropped the ball. Laine put in the work and showed much progress, but was never given the chance to be that 1st line guy. 36 goals in his rookie season, while missing 9 games to injury and playing on the 2nd powerplay unit. 44 goals in his 2nd season and leading the whole NHL in powerplay goals. Hot start to his 3rd season were he tied Gretzky and Bossy for the November goal record with 18 goals. Then Maurice started talking about developing Laine into a 2way player and improving his defense. Well it all went straight to hell from there. 101 goals for Laine in his first 179 games, 49 goals in 172 games after Maurice and his 2way experiment! This is all on Maurice!

Oh and lets not forget Tortorella. Laine was super excited for the season and he came out and played good with 5 goals in his first 4 games. The 5th game was the imfomous benching game were Laine assaulted Brad Larsen verbally. After that game Laine scored just 7 goals in 41 games, with 6 of them being against Chicago.

So breakdown of Laine's career so far:
1. Rising to dominate: 101 goals in 179 games
2. 2-way experiment by Maurice: 42 goals in 131 games
3. Benching by Tortorella: 7 goals in 41 games

Dude, gifted players that's been good only offensively have always been treated to a different standard. Ovechkin once scored 51 goals, while being -35. Selanne was always seen as a terrible defensive player, but he scored almost 700 goals while missing out on almost 5 years of NHL hockey. Bure was known for his cherry picking. Kovalchuk was able to only play offense in his Atlanta days. And the list goes on and on...

Laine has already shown he's special. One of the highest scoring teenagers of all time, one of the youngest players to reach 100 career NHL goals, tied Gretzky and Bossy for most November goals ever! Has lead the league in powerplay goals once and been 2nd in goals while losing the Rocket to Ovechkin. And What's most impressive of all, Laine had the lowest icetime of anybody ever in the history of the NHL to be able to put up 40 goals or more in a season!

But after all this people still think that Laine should be a 2way player that plays defense and backchecks... :shakehead

It's the coaches job to win games for the team.

Your take that the development of a player supercedes the development of the team is not one that I agree with.

Player development is important but not to the disadvantage of the team overall.

I've played with guys that had high hockey skill but their puck hog, ice hog and crappy overall play hurt the team more than the fact they could score some goals, especially when their lazy selfish playing style results in 4.20 goals against for every 1.08 goals they scored.

A team of 20 Brayden Points would mop the floor over 20 Patrick Lianes.

Reactions: libertarian

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

Hilarious. You think that the team with an empty-net playing against Laine should be more focused on stopping him from scoring than trying to score themselves.

You're winning this debate for me. Thanks for that.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
20 to 30, he's talented (when he wants to be), but I don't see who's doing the dirty work and feeding him the puck in Columbus to score anymore than 30.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Laine is above the rest, because he's so gifted offensively with that shot. You can't hold him to the same standards as all the other players!

You certainly have a right to your opinion but I completely disagree. I heard all the hype on the CBJ board last year by a bunch of Laine fans about how great he was this and that. Last season he got exposed.

I stand by my statement earlier. A successful season for Laine is to show he can play within the team structure. That he can work hard on every shift on both sides of the ice. That he cares about what happens on and off ice to the team and his teammates. If he does this and scores 20-30 goals it would for certain be a welcomed and successful season. I hope he does this.

But nobody is above the team structure or his teammates. Period. If he turns into what you described above he won't be around Columbus very long.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
You certainly have a right to your opinion but I completely disagree. I heard all the hype on the CBJ board last year by a bunch of Laine fans about how great he was this and that. Last season he got exposed.

I stand by my statement earlier. A successful season for Laine is to show he can play within the team structure. That he can work hard on every shift on both sides of the ice. That he cares about what happens on and off ice to the team and his teammates. If he does this and scores 20-30 goals it would for certain be a welcomed and successful season. I hope he does this.

But nobody is above the team structure or his teammates. Period. If he turns into what you described above he won't be around Columbus very long.

Well said. Great post.

There is one thing I learned about the Laine mafia while Laine played in Winnipeg. They don't care about the team he plays for or if the team has any success as long as Laine is scoring. If he is scoring it is because Laine is the greatest player ever and nothing to do with the team and players he plays with. If he is not scoring it is always the fault of his coaches and team mates and never his.

Rule #1 with the Laine mafia is IT IS NEVER LAINE'S FAULT WHEN HE PLAYS BADLY!

Many have asked on HFBoards why there is so much "hate " at Laine and the real reason is the Laine mafia that has turned off many fans against him by their attitude towards him and how they are against the team and players he plays with when Laine falters. Mulletman is a very good example of this.

This is not the fault of Laine himself and I feel sorry for him having so many such fans.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad