Laine goal production in 2021/22 season?

How many goals does Laine get in 2021/22

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think he should get back to at least a 30 goal scorer, but I don't think he has the talent around him to put up big totals. He still doesn't create a ton on his own. I'd say 32

Reactions: klingsor

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't think he can get back to his high 30s and 40s without an elite passer like Wheeler feeding him on the Powerplay. We'll see how werenski does with it but it might be tough with him being a leftie. Too much raw skill though to vote any lower than 20-30 though imo

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think he can get back to his high 30s and 40s without an elite passer like Wheeler feeding him on the Powerplay. We'll see how werenski does with it but it might be tough with him being a leftie. Too much raw skill though to vote any lower than 20-30 though imo

Voracek has got some pretty gaudy assist totals, very similar to Wheeler, although both are past their primes. Voracek and Laine will probably be paired together at 5v5 and 5v4.

On the PP I'm not so sure Werenski will be at the QB position next to Laine. Boqvist is a right shot and is pretty darn skilled as a QB.

Another thing to consider for this question - I don't see why Laine wouldn't be used for the whole PP like McDavid/Draisaitl and Ovechkin are. There were a dozen plus players that had more than twice as much PP TOI as Laine did. Torts would never consider giving Laine the full two minutes but there's a new coach, so we'll see. That could be an extra ten goals right there.

5v4 is up in the air but 5v5 I'd generally agree that Columbus is probably going to be more of Laine's graveyard. He needs a lot of help and they can't offer much.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Laine is the biggest wildcard this year. He could be all over the place. And I'm not sure what would actually be best for his career. If his total is too low, he could basically end up anywere in the fututre, if it's too high he could end up being forced to sign a long term deal in Columbus which would be terrible for his fututre. The best option might be somewere inbetween were his totals are pretty solid but ultimately Columbus sees it's best to move him at the trade deadline.

Another big worry is the coach Brad Larsen, as he's the reason Laine got benched and there could be some bad blood between them. This could mean that Larsen won't use Laine to his fullest potential and try and ruin Laine's future instead.

But lets say Laine gets to play on the 1st line and 1st powerplay all season with Voracek actually feeding him somewhat successfully 35+ goals shouldn't be impossible. Laine could even be able to set a new Columbus single season record in goals. At least Laine might get a good start to the season with Arizona Seattle and Detroit being the first 3 opponents and they're all terrible teams this year. And then following it up with Carolina and Dallas in the 5th and 6th game of the season, who Laine has had some success against during his career so far. Only Islanders will be a bad fit in the first 6 games as Laine has been terrible against them.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I still say he has 60+ goal potential. But if he fails to score 20 it wouldn't be shocking

Ill be optimistic and say 40-50

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
if it's too high he could end up being forced to sign a long term deal in Columbus which would be terrible for his fututre.

Another big worry is the coach Brad Larsen, as he's the reason Laine got benched and there could be some bad blood between them. This could mean that Larsen won't use Laine to his fullest potential and try and ruin Laine's future instead.

Laine isn't "forced" to sign long term anywhere regardless of how many goals he scores, that's ridiculous.

Your point about Larsen is just uninformed. Lars is not at fault for Laine being benched and he's not the type to nastily hold grudges. You won't find a more saintly coach. Laine seems to like him, he even attended his opening press conference to show his support.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Voracek has got some pretty gaudy assist totals, very similar to Wheeler, although both are past their primes. Voracek and Laine will probably be paired together at 5v5 and 5v4.

On the PP I'm not so sure Werenski will be at the QB position next to Laine. Boqvist is a right shot and is pretty darn skilled as a QB.

Another thing to consider for this question - I don't see why Laine wouldn't be used for the whole PP like McDavid/Draisaitl and Ovechkin are. There were a dozen plus players that had more than twice as much PP TOI as Laine did. Torts would never consider giving Laine the full two minutes but there's a new coach, so we'll see. That could be an extra ten goals right there.

5v4 is up in the air but 5v5 I'd generally agree that Columbus is probably going to be more of Laine's graveyard. He needs a lot of help and they can't offer much.
If the left handed Wrenski is running the PP from the point that pretty much wastes Laine.

Reactions: majormajor

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Laine isn't "forced" to sign long term anywhere regardless of how many goals he scores, that's ridiculous.

Your point about Larsen is just uninformed. Lars is not at fault for Laine being benched and he's not the type to nastily hold grudges. You won't find a more saintly coach. Laine seems to like him, he even attended his opening press conference to show his support.

Sounds like Mulletman is just one of the Laine
mafia getting their excuses ready to blame others again in case Laine falters this season.

That said, I believe this will be Laine's most important season to date. A repeat of last season and his future earning power decreases dramatically. If he can get himself back to the 30+ goals and 60+ points range then there may still be some GMs who will be willing to take a chance on him and give him big money and term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk and majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Multiple additions the team has made increases the offensive potential especially on the PP drastically. Boqvist has much more upside than Jones or Werenski as a PPQB and Voracek brings the playmaking the team desperately needs. That should be a big boost to Laine and atleast get him over 30

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Under 20

He’s a sulky baby and from the sounds of that Finnish interview he did he probably hasn’t even worked out all summer

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
30s, but even that would be tough looking at the Blue Jackets roster rn

The Jets had a lot of weapons in the top 6 and PP that helped Laine excel

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Depends how good the Jackets powerplay is.

If its good? high 30s. If its mediocre? Low 30s. If its bad? 20's, likely on the low end.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Under 20

He’s a sulky baby and from the sounds of that Finnish interview he did he probably hasn’t even worked out all summer

This is ludicrous.

He was training immediately after the season in Columbus with CBJ trainers and is now training in Finland with Barkov, there are videos of them in the gym together.

Reactions: wetcoast

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
This is ludicrous.

He was training immediately after the season in Columbus with CBJ trainers and is now training in Finland with Barkov, there are videos of them in the gym together.
I don’t keep up on Patrik Laine but he sure sounds like a pear shaped loser to me pal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad