Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When OV was 20 he was immensely better than Laine and was one of the most dynamic players in the league...
Ovechkin was a much better playmaker than Laine at 20 (and he didn't have two full seasons of NHL hockey behind him).

Ovechkin is an old man now and he has a few years left in him.

Eventually the Crosby Ovechkin era will be all over and it will be all done for Pittsburgh and Washington.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012

Eventually the Crosby Ovechkin era will be all over and it will be all done for Pittsburgh and Washington.
Don't see what that has to do with the discussion but ok
giphy.gif

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

We're concerned for your player. You should be too. Not sure why that means you gotta shit on everything still good in the world, but sure man.

Random person: "Hey man, your dog looks kinda sick, something wrong with him? You take him to the vet recently?"
This guy: "Your dog will die long before you and you will know sadness."
Random person: *slowly backs away*

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Laines had it easy his whole life, getting fed passes and just shooting

now he will have to adapt or become extinct, ovi went through this drought too but he was so explosive early on that it took longer for him to get into that slump

Reactions: golgoXIII

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Wait... is this the same player that so many people on this site were convinced had a better shot than Ovechkin???

What a joke.

Honestly, he might have some aspects in his shot arsenal that are better than OV's. But his overall hockey ability is not in the same ballpark.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We're concerned for your player. You should be too. Not sure why that means you gotta **** on everything still good in the world, but sure man.

Random person: "Hey man, your dog looks kinda sick, something wrong with him? You take him to the vet recently?"
This guy: "Your dog will die long before you and you will know sadness."
Random person: *slowly backs away*

Nobody is concerned about Laine figuring out his game and this is merely a player bashing thread and nothing more.

Basically 25 pages of why he is considered overrated garbage.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Ovechkin was "terrible" without the puck but the difference was he was still the best goal scorer in the NHL and near the top in pts and PPG too. And he threw out 200+ hits a season. But during his peak he was a ~57% CF player so it didn't matter, he didn't have to focus on D. Compared to Laine who is a negative.

Also, OV was blocking shots and committed to D under Hunter, well before Trotz arrived. OV played run and gun for Boudreau, blocked shots for Hunter, switched position for Oates, adjusted his game under Trotz. Whatever was asked of him he did without complaints and he excelled. That's what great players do. Something Laine is not. Laine has had the same coach for 3 years and he still hasn't learned how to play for him. Quit putting his name beside OV, it's a joke lol.
Absolutely correct. Ovechkin has always been a phenomenal skater. It was (earlier in his career) a defensive effort issue. His skating was never an issue whereas Lane's skating is among the worst I've seen from a star player. Maybe even worse than Cheecho

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Kessel is way stronger in transition due to being an elite skater. Phil may be lackadaisical along the boards and cheat on break-outs, but he generates a ton of odd-man rushes. Brett Hull was the last elite sniper in Laine's mold.

The big difference between Laine and Ovi, is that Ovi always had a very explosive first 3 strides. He can forecheck like a beast because he had recovery speed if it didn't work out. It also allowed him to generate more break-outs.
It really feels like especially in the past 5~ years skating is so important. Tavares did extensive work on his stride and balance on skates to where he's an above average-OK skater now. Without it he would have fallen behind the eight ball as well

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Ovechkin has always been a phenomenal skater. It was (earlier in his career) a defensive effort issue. His skating was never an issue whereas Lane's skating is among the worst I've seen from a star player. Maybe even worse than Cheecho

Especially when he was younger (under 25) his skating was phenomenal. He's still a very good skater but his earlier years he was skating way more explosive than a guy his size should be able to.

Reactions: binop7

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wait... is this the same player that so many people on this site were convinced had a better shot than Ovechkin???

What a joke.

The people that this thread is trying to troll/get-back-at (the likes of Ippenator and Psychodad) don't even post here anymore (or atleast I haven't seen a post by them in weeks if not months).

That's the joke of it.

Reactions: tntkid

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Nobody is concerned about Laine figuring out his game and this is merely a player bashing thread and nothing more.

I've stated numerous times in this thread and others that I hope he figures it out and that the league is better with him playing well. Numerous others have echoed those thoughts as well. The world is not out to get you and your team, grow up. He is really bad right now, that's just calling a spade a spade- sorry if you can't tell truth from bashing.

edit, alright, SOME posters are trolling the shit outta ya, but that's HF. Let it go, trolls are tools- don't play their game.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Especially when he was younger (under 25) his skating was phenomenal. He's still a very good skater but his earlier years he was skating way more explosive than a guy his size should be able to.
23 yr old OV was just a menace with that size and speed.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've stated numerous times in this thread and others that I hope he figures it out and that the league is better with him playing well. Numerous others have echoed those thoughts as well. The world is not out to get you and your team, grow up. He is really bad right now, that's just calling a spade a spade- sorry if you can't tell truth from bashing.

This thread is full of Laine haters and bashing.

The new cool thing is to torch Laine on here.

giphy.gif

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
deep squad ... lol Bryan little have 37 pts Roslovic 17 pts- Tanev 27 Perreault 27 pts you call that depth ???
Maybe Little would have more points if Laine put the puck in the net every once in a while or had better playmaking ability - ever thought of that?

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Trade him to EDM so he can play with his buddy JP. They can rise from the ashes together lol

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
This thread is full of Laine haters and bashing.

The new cool thing is to torch Laine on here.

giphy.gif

And once again, generalizations will get you nowhere. I have expressed concern regarding his game. I have not bashed him. You shitting on Ovi and Crosby just makes me want to reply with "ya, they'll be done, McDavid will replace Sid, and no one will replace Ovi because Laine is trash." See how hate begets hate? I don't crap on Laine for fortnite, I honestly hope he figures it out, but you goin trollin will just lead to more trolling against yourself and your players. Ignore the haters and don't lump every poster together, some of us want to see Laine succeed.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

Maybe we’ll hit 50 pages by the time he scores another goal.

Reactions: Rasmi

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Did Laine score 5 goals in one game at one point and helped someone in Winnipeg won a big Million $ price or was that another player on the Jet's team?

With that kind of scoring ability, I am truly very curious what is going on with him now? Does he not want to get a nice RFA contract or there is something going on off ice or a bad nagging injury that is seriously impacting his focus/energy. Time for him to bear down hard just trying to be an impact in anyway he can, starting by throwing his weight around when the opportunities come up. When you are more engaged in the game either physically or mentally, the scoring chances will come and then the goals will follow, at least for a guy who has soft hands and has proven that he can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad