Laine first career hat trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
In fairness to Leafs fans -- they are not used to having a player on their team get any interest outside of their own fanbase.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
He wanted to be part of the 4 player huddle the leafs were having in front of him.

Z35uhLM.png

Why isn't Wheeler screening?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Hmmm I don't think so. Firstly, Toronto media talks about Leafs opponents when they play them of course. Maybe Jets fans are interpreting talk by the media as some sort of indication of a rivalry? When the Leafs face the Preds they're gonna talk about the Preds but I hope the Preds don't take that as the Leafs are trying to start a rivalry. Are Jets fans offended about being talked about?
Secondly, I think Toronto's rivals have to be large markets or bring something else special. Buffalo is not really a rival because they are too small. Similar to Winnipeg. Eichel might change that. Habs are fun because thier fanbase is similarly sized to the Leafs so it's like two equals talking smack about each other. Leafs nation dwarfs Jets fans. Sens are unique in that they are a small fanbase but are able to get Toronto's attention.

Ask a Habs fan. No Cups in 50 years no rivalry.

Sep 26, 2016
Hmmm I don't think so. Firstly, Toronto media talks about Leafs opponents when they play them of course. Maybe Jets fans are interpreting talk by the media as some sort of indication of a rivalry? When the Leafs face the Preds they're gonna talk about the Preds but I hope the Preds don't take that as the Leafs are trying to start a rivalry. Are Jets fans offended about being talked about?
Secondly, I think Toronto's rivals have to be large markets or bring something else special. Buffalo is not really a rival because they are too small. Similar to Winnipeg. Eichel might change that. Habs are fun because thier fanbase is similarly sized to the Leafs so it's like two equals talking smack about each other. Leafs nation dwarfs Jets fans. Sens are unique in that they are a small fanbase but are able to get Toronto's attention.

Yeah, you guys are hardly in a position to be talking down to anyone. Talk about needing dose after dose after dose of MUCH needed humility.

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
Ask a Habs fan. No Cups in 50 years no rivalry.

yeah habs leafs rivalry is not that great anymore but it's still better than any jets rivalry IMO. I think the Wild is their main rival? IDK even know haha

Yeah, you guys are hardly in a position to be talking down to anyone. Talk about needing dose after dose after dose of MUCH needed humility.

I don't really see how fans would be humbled though. It is one game right? I think most fans thought Matthews was better and think he will be better in the future. I mean you even have Jets fans saying it. So in the end, I don't really see how Leaf fan behaviour would change. Expecting one game to produce a dramatic effect on such a massive fanbase is a little unrealistic.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

LOL and Leaf fans are claiming Jets fans that have an inferiority complex!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

So you really typed this. It really happened. And at no point you considered what it makes you and (by connection) your fanbase look like.

Most absurdly and childishly arrogant thing I've seen written here in a long time. This honestly sounds like a 15-year old teenager.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Toronto is the most fragile big city in the world :laugh:

What nonesense you just took the time to write.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I can understand why some might think maybe 1 weak goal. But all 3? That's just beyond being off. I actually had to watch the replay to appreciate the accuracy of those 3 shots. The placement, power and release. There is nothing a Goalie can do on any when the shots are that perfect. Barring totally cheating and guessing right. And even then. Just have to watch the replays to appreciate this.

Thank you to the non-leaf fans who are talking sense like this. Yes, Andersen hasn't been good enough yet for earning his pay. But it's not time to panic, and **** all over the guy 3 games in.

As for this crap about all point shots... Did you even watch the game? Maybe just highlights?!? What are you talking about?

There is no debating at LEAST 2 of 3 goals by Laine were laser-beam accurate, crazy hard shots. More power to the kid, he's a special player. Doesn't reflect poorly on Andersen to get beaten by those. Give your head a shake

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
LOL. People in Winnipeg last night were acting like the pope was arriving.

He was already there, he has seats the next section over from me. :sarcasm:

In fact the Queen of England is back in town for the Heritage classic this weekend! She was Hanging out at "The Pint" a bar across the street from the MTS centre last night. She was being admired by all the ex Jets and Oilers alumni. I was told that some of the jets/oilers Alumni had a few drinks and tried to pick her up.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah it's almost like this picture is 3 seconds after a Winnipeg faceoff win and the two Leafs forwards are scrambling to block the shot :facepalm:

Oh wait, it is.

Good fake by Ehlers though, made our goalie look real stupid.

Toronto won the draw - their d-man just had the bad luck of whipping the puck right onto Ehlers stick. I suspect that's why all four Toronto players were panicking, they were expecting a moment's respite and got Ehlers at the line instead.

m.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
LOL. People in Winnipeg last night were acting like the pope was arriving.

Curiously, when there's a jubilee year starting in the Catholic world, the Holy Door to Major basilicas in Rome that's usually kept closed will be thrown open. After the Pope knocks three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad