Laine first career hat trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I hope we could just learn to appreciate the players we are able to watch.

It's a shame having to read some downplaying his game still, he scores a hattrick at 18y but still is one dimensional, lucky goal on what goal and what else.

I'd like to see Maurice try to play Laine-Scheifele- Ehlers once, Ehlers passing should go well with Laines shot.

Yep, doesn't need to be this player > that player.

I also think that come would be good.

When Little comes back, lets you get Wheeler with him, and maybe add Connor there.

Good to distribute some of that size.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
wtf was Andersen doing on Laine's second goal?

He wanted to be part of the 4 player huddle the leafs were having in front of him.

Z35uhLM.png

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
I hope this continues as I think it is like 10 wins and four losses in favour of the Jets since they relocated from Atlanta. We will continue to take the easy 2 points.
Ps .....Wpg does not think it is much of a rivalry either. We have much better games against divisional teams Chicago and St. Louis. (Playoff teams where we have to bring our A game).

Maybe this Laine vs Mathews the Toronto media is building up will yield us a rivalry worth it to both markets?

Hmmm I don't think so. Firstly, Toronto media talks about Leafs opponents when they play them of course. Maybe Jets fans are interpreting talk by the media as some sort of indication of a rivalry? When the Leafs face the Preds they're gonna talk about the Preds but I hope the Preds don't take that as the Leafs are trying to start a rivalry. Are Jets fans offended about being talked about?
Secondly, I think Toronto's rivals have to be large markets or bring something else special. Buffalo is not really a rival because they are too small. Similar to Winnipeg. Eichel might change that. Habs are fun because thier fanbase is similarly sized to the Leafs so it's like two equals talking smack about each other. Leafs nation dwarfs Jets fans. Sens are unique in that they are a small fanbase but are able to get Toronto's attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
If the Sportsnet crowd can't appreciate Laine then they are either not hockey fans or they have no soul... Imagine if this went the other way around..

Laine's shot is lethal..

Andersen is getting beat regularly bu high shots..something to watch for and it could spell trouble for the leafs.

Not to take away from Laine's shot, but you're right, he does struggle with high shots it seems.

One thing is for sure, if we don't get some at least decent goaltending soon, we will be looking at another bottom five finish.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, but then he realized he gets to fly back to Toronto and won't be stuck in Winnipeg for the rest of his career

And Toronto people on this thread call Winnipeg fans insecure from chanting? LOL.

I travel all over the world to many world class cities. London, NY, LA and so on. No-one from any of those places feels the need to continually insult me about where I live. But not so with Toronto. I have had a guy in a washroom in Denver figure out I was from Winnipeg feel compelled to insult the city. Recently I was on a plane flying from Toronto to Winnipeg, and the guy beside decided to insult everyone on the plane who was heading to Winnipeg. Both times guys from Toronto.

Not to mention countless business meetings in Toronto, where 75% of the time, someone from Toronto feels compelled to trot out some tired old Winnipeg insult.

Why so many people from Toronto feel the need to carry on like this, is beyond me. Toronto is an amazing city. Just enjoy it, and stop trying to over-compensate by bashing other Canadian cities. Residents of true world class cities don't behave like this. EVER

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
And Toronto people on this thread call Winnipeg fans insecure from chanting? LOL.

I travel all over the world to many world class cities. London, NY, LA and so on. No-one from any of those places feels the need to continually insult me about where I live. But not so with Toronto. I have had a guy in a washroom in Denver figure out I was from Winnipeg feel compelled to insult the city. Recently I was on a plane flying from Toronto to Winnipeg, and the guy beside decided to insult everyone on the plane who was heading to Winnipeg. Both times guys from Toronto.

Not to mention countless business meetings in Toronto, where 75% of the time, someone from Toronto feels compelled to trot out some tired old Winnipeg insult.

Why so many people from Toronto feel the need to carry on like this, is beyond me. Toronto is an amazing city. Just enjoy it, and stop trying to over-compensate by bashing other Canadian cities. Residents of true world class cities don't behave like this. EVER

That's probably because no one from any city outside of Canada knows where/what Winnipeg is. Big cities make fun of their little cities.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
That's probably because no one from any city outside of Canada knows where/what Winnipeg is.

Nope. All kinds of people I have encountered in these other places know where and what Winnipeg is. Just two weeks ago, I was in Sweden and the people I met starting talking to me about the Jets. People from these places are simply confident and secure enough in where they live, to have zero need to bash other places. Toronto seems entirely unique in its apparent need to engage in this behaviour. Which makes no sense to me, because like I said, Toronto is an amazing place. Its residents have no need to elevate their relative standing in Canada by tearing down other places in this country.

But I realize trying to change this is futile, so enough soap-boxing from me.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He wanted to be part of the 4 player huddle the leafs were having in front of him.

Z35uhLM.png

Yeah it's almost like this picture is 3 seconds after a Winnipeg faceoff win and the two Leafs forwards are scrambling to block the shot :facepalm:

Oh wait, it is.

Good fake by Ehlers though, made our goalie look real stupid.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yeah it's almost like this picture is 3 seconds after a Winnipeg faceoff win and the two Leafs forwards are scrambling to block the shot :facepalm:

Oh wait, it is.

Good fake by Ehlers though, made our goalie look real stupid.

So you look at this screen grab and see Anderson being maybe a foot too far out as the biggest concern?

Okay.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So you look at this screen grab and see Anderson being maybe a foot too far out as the biggest concern?

Okay.

I look at a screen grab and laugh at anyone who thinks they can determine a play by a ****ing screen grab.

Like I said, that screen grab is 3 seconds after a faceoff, of course we're not going to have a perfect box set up in a couple seconds.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I look at a screen grab and laugh at anyone who thinks they can determine a play by a ****ing screen grab.

Like I said, that screen grab is 3 seconds after a faceoff, of course we're not going to have a perfect box set up in a couple seconds.

Because leaf players were, as you put it, "scrambling".

And there is perfect box, and then there is perfect line. They are two extremes.

But Andersen, what a bum!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Because leaf players were, as you put it, "scrambling".

Good job you can read.

Like seriously, Winnipegs center is still sitting on his ass from fighting for the puck in the dot.

Such a ridiculous picture to post, then acting like it means something :laugh:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Good job you can read.

Like seriously, Winnipegs center is still sitting on his ass from fighting for the puck in the dot.

Such a ridiculous picture to post, then acting like it means something :laugh:

It is a ridiculous picture. I will give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad