Post-Game Talk: Laine defeats the Stars again - 4:2 Jets

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has 96 points ever NOT make playoffs? For all intents and purposes Jets have clinched a playoff spot, even if it's mathematically still not 100%.

It only happened once in the eastern conference. (Boston 2014/15) It's never happened in the west. It is mathematically possible though.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Yeah, IIRC our magic number is eight right now.
Actually it's wrong because they are going by the number of games teams have remaining they DID NOT take into a count who they play. Example LA plays Av's, Wild x2, Dal ... you cannot give 2 points to both teams So when LA and Dallas play each other somebody has to lose.
There's only 4 teams fighting for the last 2 wild card spots ... Avs, Kings, Stars and Blues. St.Lous has the best schedule while LA has the toughest.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Great win, nice games from Lowry and Enstrom.

Thought Schief was going to be back for this one?

Helly once again stellar

Buff-Ehlers with great games!

The master of the subtle burn. Scheif was definitely rusty he just wasn't quick as usual. Expected. Other than that I think that's the best the Stars can throw at the Jets and it still wasn't enough. Confidence in team growing by day. I think we have the best captain in the league. That guy never stops.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Actually it's wrong because they are going by the number of games teams have remaining they DID NOT take into a count who they play. Example LA plays Av's, Wild x2, Dal ... you cannot give 2 points to both teams So when LA and Dallas play each other somebody has to lose.
There's only 4 teams fighting for the last 2 wild card spots ... Avs, Kings, Stars and Blues. St.Lous has the best schedule while LA has the toughest.

But if St Louis wins every game it will still take 8 points. The rest is irrelevant

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets win: check
Laine Hatrick: 2/3 check
Buff **** kicks roussel: 1/2 check

All in all I will take it! Two more point some for the good guys.
I think Buff was yelling "Hit me!" at Roussel, but he wouldn't bite.
scared-cat-gif-4.gif

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
My kinda game. Steelers-Ravens on ice. Not the type of game conducive to health though. I think Troobs will be fine. Boy it's been a bad year for goalie injuries too. Wheels trolling Benn with the PP goal and empty netter was beautiful. Benn was a big meanie but Wheels laughed last. Lowry being Lowry wrecking a few Dmen on his return.

Bucky is one cool customer. He's so good at tracking the puck this year. His play bodes very well for post-season. So does Patty re-writing the history books every game forcing me to see teenagers in a new light. Gawd he's ridiculous.

Love me some JETS!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man hate to see a guy go down like Trouba did , i wonder if he hurt his ankle again when he tried to get up . Hate Benn but would like him as a Jet though . Charoit has come a long way , nice to see . Anyone still thinking we don't need Buff , especially come playoffs is nuts . The Stars said you can't wake Buff up or it will be a very tough game to win , thanks Rousell you dumbass . :laugh:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
But if St Louis wins every game it will still take 8 points. The rest is irrelevant
Yes it's possible for one team to overtake the Jets but not 2 or 3 teams.
The Kings play Wild, Jets and Avs in the next 4 days and if they don't beat the Av's they need to win against the Wild and Jets or they are in seriously trouble.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Id like to know how a Canadian broadcaster like Sportsnet with 2 Canadians calling the action can cheer for the American team so much. Its actuallly sickening and what sucks... Gonna have to deal with this crap in the playoffs also. Jets are the best Canadian team in the league... Its about damn time Sportsnet starts showing them some respect.

Which is why I always watch the American feed when SN is broadcasting the Jets. Don't have a choice when they play Canadian teams. Just to let you guys know the two guys on the Dallas feed had nothing but great things to say about the Jets.

Reactions: Jets 31

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I agree with that. 4 wins of any kind would do it, they don't have to be in a row though.

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure 4 wins would do it. But that's the way that website calculates it -- the lowest number of consecutive wins in a row -- to keep the crazy number of permutations down to a minimum without having to worry about if those wins are against the "right teams", and so forth.

So, while there may be many other paths, for sure that 4 straight is one of them.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Wow ... first game back for Scheifele and he has the most minutes of any forward over 23 minutes.

I loved the Tanev hit on the ref. PoMo comment was great too about Tanev. "He fights to block shots which doesn't make him smart but makes him very valuable."

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Which is why I always watch the American feed when SN is broadcasting the Jets. Don't have a choice when they play Canadian teams. Just to let you guys know the two guys on the Dallas feed had nothing but great things to say about the Jets.

I mean, Galley saying that whole "I dunno about pulling the goalie with 2 minutes left", and like if anything, it's about a minute too late. When Cosell criticized "the jockocracy climbing across the horizontal ladder of mediocrity to success", it's guys like Galley he was thinking of.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Holy fak with the injury bug......do they allow you to bring worry beads into BellMTS......asking for a friend?

Reactions: Halberdier

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Good win. Still looking for a couple guys to get going. Perreault is long overdue,
He looked better tonight. Need more scoring still from guys not named Laine. Also do Scheif and Wheels really need to play 23 mins at this point in the season with where we are at. May want to spread mins out leading up to playoffs. We have the depth for it. Start thinking about rest and recovery

I thought this was a good game for the Jets to make a push. This game was huge for the Stars, and a win could have given them ...a spark...a hope...

The Jets eliminated an opponent tonight. That's important. Another consideration is to allow our Captain to lead, on the ice, not as a cheerleader. The battle of wills between Wheeler and Benn was classic, and I'm not sure Mo could have kept him on the bench.

I would hope that some pre-playoff healing will occur at some point, though.

Reactions: ocdaddy

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Man hate to see a guy go down like Trouba did , i wonder if he hurt his ankle again when he tried to get up .
if you can concuss your ankle, then yes, that's what happened.

i don't get hockey colour guys. think we're at the point where all (or most) of us understand what a concussion is and how they're no joke. talking about how Trouba is "wobly pop" after that hit really is kind of gross. and it isn't me being a homer. i don't laugh at any player having trouble standing up after they're clearly concussed. well, unless it was Rousell.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Yep but so many ppl had chances. Stas should have had 2 little one buff one. So many open nets breakaways missed.
You have to give Lehtonen credit in the Dallas goal aswell. He made some huge saves and robbed both Buff and Stastny.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wish Stats would resign, but it wont happen

If the Jet's win the Stanley Cup, and Statsny was a big part of that-- there is a good chance the Jet's will resign him. It reminds me of when Phil Kessel went to the Penns from Toronto, and the Penns won the Cup-- "they then signed Kessel-long term".

So, I would not at all count this possibility out-- it all depends on what happens.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad