Lafreniere Hat Trick / 5 Point Night, (9 points in last 5 games) heating up?

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Lots of rumours around those two teams in the last few seasons. I don't know how close they actually got or if it was all smoke. But there seemed to be something there.
I mostly recall hearing him come up during the JT Miller trade rumors. Its doubtful Laf was ever truly available though and the Rangers didnt have room for Miller's new contract.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lafreniere is currently T-27th in the league in 5v5 scoring. He’d be in the top 3 of 5v5 scoring on every team in the league except Colorado, Toronto, and Edmonton.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Half the ones calling him a bust are now doing it to F with you. Stop engaging!
I said a couple of years ago with the Ranger roster who he would play ahead of when the roster ages and he will be the Ranger's number 1 Forward, it's not like he came to a bottom-of-the-barrel club.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I wish I understood why so many posters want to see this kid fail?

Is it a Canadian thing?

A Ranger thing?
Well, in this particular instance I've seen the narrative that the Rangers didn't deserve the pick because they were a 'playoff team' the year before, without acknowledging that the Rangers finished 11th in the conference and had no business being in the playoffs if not for the 'play-in.' And once the play in was over they were soundly thrashed by a real playoff team.

But in general it seems to be an HF thing. No one wants to see players not on their team be successful, and NO ONE wants to have to admit they were wrong, which is the case for the majority of posters in this instance.

Reactions: Smash

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah, career high of 56 at 22 and counting with 4-6 games remaining in the season. That's what you want out of your #1 pick right? Matthews has more goals this season than LafBust has points lmao.

Well yeah, if the coaching staff doesn't want to break up a PP1 that's driving the team to 4th in the league in PP%, then I would like him to be putting up 56 points, mostly at evens, outproducing guys like Matthew Tkachuk, Evgeni Malkin, Sebastian Aho, etc. at 5v5.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Well, in this particular instance I've seen the narrative that the Rangers didn't deserve the pick because they were a 'playoff team' the year before, without acknowledging that the Rangers finished 11th in the conference and had no business being in the playoffs if not for the 'play-in.' And once the play in was over they were soundly thrashed by a real playoff team.

But in general it seems to be an HF thing. No one wants to see players not on their team be successful, and NO ONE wants to have to admit they were wrong, which is the case for the majority of posters in this instance.
Plus, many posters want to say, "I was the first to say <fill in the blank> will be a bust".

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yeah, career high of 56 at 22 and counting with 4-6 games remaining in the season. That's what you want out of your #1 pick right? Matthews has more goals this season than LafBust has points lmao.
Mathews is a great player but your post is lacking logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad