Post-Game Talk: Laffs send Laf closer to Habland, Win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As usual we completely disagree.

A players trade value isnt directly correlated to the number of times he's been traded. Thats a super flimsy argument - Galchenyuks 3rd trade isnt relevant here.

Drouins value is higher than a second round pick.

Drouin is also worth more today signed than he would be as a pending ufa. 3 years left >> rental player

It's not true. No one wants to commit close to 6m in a flat cap scenario on a guy who sucks shit offensively on a team that struggles to score and gift wraps him cupcake minutes and opportunities. They certainly arent gonna do it when hes atrocious defensively on top of it.

There is no shine left on Drouin. Hes an overpaid, deeply flawed hockey player and his actual usage is a detriment to the hockey team

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
It's not true. No one wants to commit close to 6m in a flat cap scenario on a guy who sucks shit offensively on a team that struggles to score and gift wraps him cupcake minutes and opportunities. They certainly arent gonna do it when hes atrocious defensively on top of it.

There is no shine left on Drouin. Hes an overpaid, deeply flawed hockey player and his actual usage is a detriment to the hockey team

Very fortunate you’re not Marc Bergevin. Drouin being worth a 2nd round pick is a completely stupid take. Look at what Tatar fetched for Detroit when he was traded to VGK (1st, 2nd, 3rd), after two bad season. Cost controlled young 2nd line players (he’s not paid like elite) with term are worth way more then a 2nd lol wtf.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Very fortunate you’re not Marc Bergevin. Drouin being worth a 2nd round pick is a completely stupid take. Look at what Tatar fetched for Detroit when he was traded to VGK (1st, 2nd, 3rd), after two bad season. Cost controlled young 2nd line players (he’s not paid like elite) with term are worth way more then a 2nd lol wtf.
If anyone offers Bergevin a second rounder for Drouin he should flex a bicep and run with it. NOBODY wants Drouin just like nobody wants Weber.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If I was the GM we would have never made the deal to get Drouin and his sucktitude.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
If anyone offers Bergevin a second rounder for Drouin he should flex a bicep and run with it. NOBODY wants Drouin just like nobody wants Weber.

lol. 35% chance of a nhl player vs established second liner with a reasonable salary SURE. Wow Habs fans can be such emos, never any middle ground. A player is either the best or the worse.

As of right now based on the fan base and these boards, all our team is garbage but we somehow manage to be a very good 5v5 possession team 2 years in a row. I guess Claude is the best coach ever.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I would trade Drouin but not dispatch a him.
He could become that steady 50pts 2nd liner i believe he is.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
As usual we completely disagree.

A players trade value isnt directly correlated to the number of times he's been traded. Thats a super flimsy argument - Galchenyuks 3rd trade isnt relevant here.

Drouins value is higher than a second round pick.

Drouin is also worth more today signed than he would be as a pending ufa. 3 years left >> rental player
A second and a sixth in true Bergevin fashion. Happy? Still garbage for what we did to the organization to acquire a win now piece.

pssst radulov went to dallas because he had a bonus structure that protected him from a lockout, also happens to be protecting him during the pandemic. We also don't know anything that bergevin offered or when. I will take markovs word at what a jackass MB is when it comes to free agency. Subban got traded because of MBs inability to evaluate talent and putting the correct price on it at the right time.

Tell me how many PPG players (first 2 seasons) earn 6.25 million? On this board people are arguing for our 13 goal, 50 point "first line centre" to earn 7+ million for 8 years, but radulov wasn't worth 6.25 for 5 years??? Its like the twilight zone how some form their opinions.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
lol. 35% chance of a nhl player vs established second liner with a reasonable salary SURE. Wow Habs fans can be such emos, never any middle ground. A player is either the best or the worse.

As of right now based on the fan base and these boards, all our team is garbage but we somehow manage to be a very good 5v5 possession team 2 years in a row. I guess Claude is the best coach ever.
A VERY GOOD 5 on 5 team? Sorry no we aren't. If that was the case we wouldn't be bottom 8 in the league. Less than 20 percent of the game is special teams. And if we are so great 5 on 5, how do they keep scoring on us when we have an extra man?

Just like how awesome Danault was the other night. Mr Selke was terrible with a -2 and Gally and Tatar were -3. In addition some of the pieces that made us slightly less bad were traded (rightly by MB) at trade deadline. However there are guys playing on this team that would be second line on many Farm teams, but are still on our "NHL" roster.

We got swept by the mighty red wings this season. I think our 5 on 5 play might not be very good.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

I agree on the fans statement, but that's what makes this board fun.

Also, you can try and find all the positives in the world. In the end... this very good 5v5 possession team missed playoffs 3 years in the row (yes, the missed it this year) and doesn't seem to have any indication that it wouldn't have missed the 4th time.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Same cast of characters, same results. Shocking discovery. Rust be damned, they just plain couldn't care less to be there if they tried. Domi avoided physical contact on every shift I watched him play. I wish he was home watching if that's the effort being offered. Rinse. Repeat.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Same cast of characters, same results. Shocking discovery. Rust be damned, they just plain couldn't care less to be there if they tried. Domi avoided physical contact on every shift I watched him play. I wish he was home watching if that's the effort being offered. Rinse. Repeat.
well its not if the game mattered , so no issue for me what domi did. lets wait to critique him starting saturday.

Reactions: angusyoung

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I would trade Drouin but not dispatch a him.
He could become that steady 50pts 2nd liner i believe he is.
He has had 53 points twice in his 6 NHL years. 10, 15, 32, 46. But you say, he didn't have full seasons. Exactly. He is soft as fresh bread. Putting him on the second line I feel he is a 45 point player(which is close to your estimate) That being said he brings little else to the game. Which is a problem. You are right back to galchenyuk level of play, perhaps worse because chuck had a little size. If we were so eager to toss away galchenyuk because he brought little outside of his points, perhaps we should examine Drouin in the same light. If we wanted a legit french star on this team we should have traded one of our top 10 draft picks(we have had 3 in 8 years) to get giroux or couturier. Philly has a better line of flying frenchmen than the habs have had in a very long time.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-30_12-28-53.png

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Drouin is a liability, plain and simple. He has no defensive game, haphazard scoring, is easily injured, and is no kind of leader. His draft position means nothing. I'd take a 2nd round pick for him in a heartbeat.

Jul 6, 2016
I won't throw rocks at individual players. It's a team sport.

And as a team, the Habs that we saw Tuesday night against the Leafs, were a carbon copy of the Habs that we saw between October 2019 and mid-March 2020. Allowing back breaking early and late period goals. Allowing goals shortly after having scored one of their own. They will lose games by one or two goals, but it doesn't mean they played that well. They have no finishing touch around opponent's nets and are a circus around their own net. It is a badly built team. And coached by guys who should had retired long ago.

Jul 6, 2016
Hence why I said "give him what he wanted, but limit the years" which shoul've been done months before.

People can find all the excuses they want, Habs had him under their wing. The outcome of him deciding to leave has never been proven either way (that sprinboard analogy is your own way of skippimg on reality by putting the onus on Radulov being solely a mercenary), as he didn't leave for that much more, even considering the difference in tax (16%) which could've been easily accomodated for (considering we wasted 5.5 per on Drou Drou), so there was something else there. There are many reasons for Radulov wanting to leave other than money, but I guess you're a better mindreader than I am.

Since I don't deal in reading minds, I tend to try and look at all possibilities, many of which, in Radulov's case, can be associated with differences in values and philosophies, the prevelant inside hockey culture of the habs might've been at odds with Radulov's own leanings. Different people different strokes, as they say.

Any which way, all things being equal and possible, Radulov being a mercenary, or Bergevin mishandling his relationships with star players, or both, in the end, it is his responsibility to care for his assets, to do what is necessary to make the mercenary want to stay, or the more realistic possibility, to make Alexander Radulov, the person, the human being, align with his own vision and values, to make the person want to stay.

No matter how you spin it, it's a failure of his duties.

Radulov had a huge incentive to jump to Dallas. Long fat contract and less taxes, of course. Nice weather. And let's not forget, the opportunity to play with Seguin and Benn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad