Confirmed with Link: Ladd, 2021 2nd Round pick 2022, Conditional 2nd Round Pick, 2023 Conditional 3rd Round Pick to ARI

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Arizona is doing their best to be the worst team in the league. Ladd is playing. That means they met the conditions and we have to give up our 3rd round pick.

edit: Wrong

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Arizona is doing their best to be the worst team in the league. Ladd is playing. That means they met the conditions and we have to give up our 3rd round pick.

That actually wasn't the condition of the pick, though it was a mess at the time when it was originally reported.

Per Capfriendly:

"The pick is not transferred to Arizona if Ladd:
1. Plays in any professional games in 2022-23 while under his current contract, or
2. Retires prior to the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season"

Reactions: xECK29x

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
That actually wasn't the condition of the pick, though it was a mess at the time when it was originally reported.

Per Capfriendly:

"The pick is not transferred to Arizona if Ladd:
1. Plays in any professional games in 2022-23 while under his current contract, or
2. Retires prior to the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season"

Awesome! I think the ‘not’ wasn’t in the initial report

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Awesome! I think the ‘not’ wasn’t in the initial report

Yep.

If he plays any professional hockey without being bought out, in the AHL or NHL, the Islanders will not give Arizona the pick.
If he retires prior to the end of next season, the Islanders do not give the pick.

The only way Arizona is getting that pick is if he's injured and cannot play at all or is bought out and then continues to play elsewhere. I'm curious if Arizona will buy him out just to get the pick.

Reactions: Wanderson

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Yep.

If he plays any professional hockey without being bought out, in the AHL or NHL, the Islanders will not give Arizona the pick.
If he retires prior to the end of next season, the Islanders do not give the pick.

The only way Arizona is getting that pick is if he's injured and cannot play at all or is bought out and then continues to play elsewhere. I'm curious if Arizona will buy him out just to get the pick.
They won't. If they can use him on the ice, that's better for them

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I haven't really paid much attention to this but some good news

Coyotes

Coyotes (conditional if Andrew Ladd appears in at least 1 game in 2022-23)

PICK WOULD NOT TRANSFER BECAUSE LADD HAS NOT APPEARED IN 1 GAME IN 2022-23

Traded • future considerations (?) to Islanders for • Andrew Ladd • 2021 second round pick (#59-Janis Moser) • 2022 second round pick (more favorable of Avalanche, Islanders picks) (#45-Mattias Havelid) • 2023 conditional third round pick (if Ladd appears in at least 1 game in 2022-23) (?-?) on 2021-07-17

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Coyotes

Traded • future considerations (?) to Islanders for • Andrew Ladd • 2021 second round pick (#59-Janis Moser) • 2022 second round pick (more favorable of Avalanche, Islanders picks) (#45-Mattias Havelid) • 2023 conditional third round pick (if Ladd appears in at least 1 game in 2022-23) (?-?) on 2021-07-17

Seems like piss poor management by Arizona. Its not like they're good, so why wouldn't they play him for ONE game and bury him on the 4th line for 5:00 TOI?

Unless he outright declined to play which would be crazy to me too. Get that one last game in my friend!

I'm happy we keep the pick, of course

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Coyotes

Don't jinx it!!!

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Coyotes

Sadly, this was initially reported incorrectly and it's the other way around. The pick does not transfer if Ladd plays a pro game this season or retires before the season ends. Since he likely won't play a game or retire, the pick will transfer. Oh well, still assets well spent, IMO.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Sadly, this was initially reported incorrectly and it's the other way around. The pick does not transfer if Ladd plays a pro game this season or retires before the season ends. Since he likely won't play a game or retire, the pick will transfer. Oh well, still assets well spent, IMO.

So we don't have our 1st or 3rd correct?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Craig Morgan of PHNX Sports wrote last week, "The Coyotes still do not know whether veteran Andrew Ladd plans to play this season. Ladd has one more year remaining on his contract and his agent, JP Barry, said that Ladd will not make any decisions about his future until it is time to start ramping up his training later this summer."

If Ladd decides to retire, it will benefit the Islanders. If Ladd ends up playing for the Coyotes, that benefits the Islanders too. That's because the conditions of the 2023 3rd round pick are such, that the pick would be transferred to Arizona only if Ladd does not play professional games this season and doesn't retire.

This likely means a LTIR situation would be needed for the pick to be made by the Coyotes.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Wait, I thought Ladd "failed" his physical with Arizona and was moved to LTIR before the season?

I find it laughable of course because he was able to play all of last season with Arizona, and even rode the buses in Bridgeport prior to that, yet can't play now.

I guess fishing in the off season is rougher than we thought.

Guy held up the Isles for years, refusing to go to LTIR when it was obvious he was physically cooked, yet helps out Arizona and goes quietly?

I wonder if Lou could have pushed the issue, by bringing in independent doctors and whatever else is required under the CBA to force Ladd to LTIR, but opted not to fight anymore and went for the trade?

F' Ladd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad