Proposal: LA / Your team

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
And it would be rejected instantly.

I wouldn't be too cocky about Pearson. I personally think Lehkonen will be better than him in the next couple of years. Carr has the potential, but so far he's all over the place - but his style of play is liked by lots of teams (think Gallagher/Marchand/Shaw style).

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Woops, missed this, Probably not bad, not sure if Hayden is the kind of player that we need though, we have the gritty types, we need a bit more skill.

Then why are you offering up one of the skilled forwards. Fell the roster with youth and let them grow. Our depth is ok we just need to trim some of the useless on the roster and get guys like Merch Up and playing here.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I wouldn't be too cocky about Pearson. I personally think Lehkonen will be better than him in the next couple of years. Carr has the potential, but so far he's all over the place - but his style of play is liked by lots of teams (think Gallagher/Marchand/Shaw style).

Well good hold onto them and see if they can develop cause right now neither are close to Pearson and LA needs the speed he adds to our lineup.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Well good hold onto them and see if they can develop cause right now neither are close to Pearson and LA needs the speed he adds to our lineup.

Lehkonen really isn't that far off (in fact he's much closer than you'd think). The reason Lehkonen doesn't have the "points" (which is what I'm sure you're basing him on) is because he's been paired with an offensive black-hole (Plekanec) since the beginning of the season to develop his defensive game (Radulov was previously paired with them for the same reason: to develop his defensive game, and he practically was a non-factor with them as well).

Also, Pearson is going RFA this season, so he'll be carrying a new contract that won't be as cheap next year. Lehkonen saves you money for another 2 years in hopes to acquire other players (UFA).

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Then why are you offering up one of the skilled forwards. Fell the roster with youth and let them grow. Our depth is ok we just need to trim some of the useless on the roster and get guys like Merch Up and playing here.

I'm looking at us perhaps having a dud year this year (all the injuries arent helping), pearson being paid (what he deserves) next year, and the lack of center depth that could bite us in a couple of years. It would be nice to have that kid in the system that could shoulder some of Kopitars workload as he ages, That could at a stretch be Kempe or Amadio, but it would be nice to get a bit more back in the system that has been pillaged since our cup runs.

Kempe could get a bit of experience trying to fill Pearsons wing this year, and we could bolster our group with a couple of new young guys.

No one is going to move good young players for our castoffs.

Its only for the sake of discussion anyway isn't it.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Hoping to get 2 good F prospects for a good 23 year old F?

His value isn't enough to pull in 2 good F prospects IMO. Pearson should be kept by LA.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Hoping to get 2 good F prospects for a good 23 year old F?

His value isn't enough to pull in 2 good F prospects IMO. Pearson should be kept by LA.

We probably should keep him, he is a great fit, but it's interesting to listen to offers.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Pens offer Chris Kunitz (proven winner, clutch player, massive heart, team first guy, leader) and a 6th.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I'm looking at us perhaps having a dud year this year (all the injuries arent helping), pearson being paid (what he deserves) next year, and the lack of center depth that could bite us in a couple of years. It would be nice to have that kid in the system that could shoulder some of Kopitars workload as he ages, That could at a stretch be Kempe or Amadio, but it would be nice to get a bit more back in the system that has been pillaged since our cup runs.

Kempe could get a bit of experience trying to fill Pearsons wing this year, and we could bolster our group with a couple of new young guys.

No one is going to move good young players for our castoffs.

Its only for the sake of discussion anyway isn't it.

Our center depth is as good as it's been for a number of years Dowd is playing well as a 3rd center and AA or Shore is fine as s 4th line center. If anything we need another good winger not move one out. Also if you think Kempe is ready I disagree he need at least this whole season in the AHL as he still needs to develop and find consistency in his play from game to game.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could be a really good add for Ottawa with their top six LW missing MacArthur.

What to send back though, I'm not sure. Puempel for sure though that's not much. We have Perron who is still a year or two away. Small player though. I wonder if White would be a possibility?

Why would you give up White here? Nuts.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Why would you give up White here? Nuts.

He's a prospect. Might be a 1st liner someday, might be a 4th liner. Pearson is a 2nd liner now, and he's still young and he scores goals. You gotta give to get, it's about that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad