Proposal: LA / Your team

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
So we've tried force feeding everyone a heavy diet of Dwight King in trade proposals from LA without much luck recently, no one can agree on a trade that suits both teams.I'm curious as to who we could get with one of our shinier players.

Not that he is particularly available, but what could LA get for Tanner Pearson?

https://www.nhl.com/player/tanner-pearson-8476871

He's a jet fast 23yr old LW that puts up decent points and is defensively responsible. He also knows what it takes to win.

He is an ideal candidate for most teams looking at adding a top 6 LW.

For rebuilding teams, he is young enough to fit with the youth coming up and pass on his experience.

For contenders, he has proven that he can succeed in a 2Lw role, and he has a low caphit (about 1.5m this year, RFA next)

Whats the catch? I want the two best NHL readyish forward prospects that you would give up in return (prefer one to be a center) I wouldn't want anyone under 6 foot, no slow boats and no cap dumps.

PS don't bother asking for Toffoli in this thread, or anyone else, unless its the mighty Dwighty.

What you got?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If the Rangers get any more forwards we're going to need two teams, so I guess we're out.

Good luck though. I could see Pearson bringing back an equal young center or a younger center plus a pick.

If I was interested, I'd start with something around Nieves and add, but like I said, we need a winger like we need a hole in our heads.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Could be a really good add for Ottawa with their top six LW missing MacArthur.

What to send back though, I'm not sure. Puempel for sure though that's not much. We have Perron who is still a year or two away. Small player though. I wonder if White would be a possibility?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
what about Bobby Ryan for Brown Pearson and a 1st

or Ryan + for Brown + Toffoli....im sorry

(we can also add Hammond to a deal if he is of interest)

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hard to see LAK and CHI as major trade partners but the Blackhawks could use a guy like Pearson next to Toews

member 88115

Doesn't Brown have more points than Ryan so far this season.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Would John Hayden (big forward prospect senior at Yale that would fit the LAK system) and Ryan Hartman for Pearson be a good enough return?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

So the Kings add a player better then Ryan, a first, and Brown who is outplaying Ryan, and can throw a hit.

Sign me up! :laugh:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
So the Kings add a player better then Ryan, a first, and Brown who is outplaying Ryan, and can throw a hit.

Sign me up! :laugh:

neither Pearson nor Brown are better than Ryan. Despite your laughable 14 game sample size to (not) prove your point.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

If LA is paying to dump Brown's contract (and now would be a smart time to sell relatively high on it) then I doubt they'd want to bring Ryan's contract back in the deal. Kills the point.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Whats the catch? I want the two best NHL readyish forward prospects that you would give up in return (prefer one to be a center) I wouldn't want anyone under 6 foot, no slow boats and no cap dumps.

PS don't bother asking for Toffoli in this thread, or anyone else, unless its the mighty Dwighty.

What you got?

Wants two prospects: offers Bobby Ryan
Says no Toffoli: asks for Toffoli

Come on man.

I don't mind the idea of White + Puempel/Perron the more I think of it. Sens fans probably disagree though as White is quite high on the prospect list and our list of forward prospects isn't deep at all.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Come on man.

I don't mind the idea of White + Puempel/Perron the more I think of it. Sens fans probably disagree though as White is quite high on the prospect list and our list of forward prospects isn't deep at all.

Definitely not one of White/Brown/Chabot. Pearson would be nice because it remains to be seen if Dzingel can be a legit top 6 LW for the entire season, but not at that price.

Puempel doesn't have much value. Maybe something around Lazar and another decent prospect.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Buffalo could offer Justin Bailey and Will Borgen? Maybe add a 2nd round pick as well?

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
Ottawa would offer Lazar in a deal for Pearson. We need a decent LW but many like what Dzingel has done in his short time as a top six player. If we don't want to re-sign Smith at the end of the year, I'd welcome this move while running Hoffman/Pearson/Dzingel as our top 3 LWs if Mac doesn't come back.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Virtanen+

Depends on the plus really. I'd prefer to add another good C prospect though

Not interested, TT is going nowhere

Come on man.

Thats the sort of trade I was looking for, I'd prefer if White was a little further along, but food for thought, probably my preferred offer so far.

Buffalo could offer Justin Bailey and Will Borgen? Maybe add a 2nd round pick as well?

Not bad although Borgen is a bit redundant for us, I'd prefer a center too.

Ottawa would offer Lazar in a deal for Pearson. We need a decent LW but many like what Dzingel has done in his short time as a top six player. If we don't want to re-sign Smith at the end of the year, I'd welcome this move while running Hoffman/Pearson/Dzingel as our top 3 LWs if Mac doesn't come back.

I don't mind Lazar, I was kind of thinking of a 2 for one kind of trade though, to puff up our depth a bit, otherwise its kind of a step back for us.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Would John Hayden (big forward prospect senior at Yale that would fit the LAK system) and Ryan Hartman for Pearson be a good enough return?

Woops, missed this, Probably not bad, not sure if Hayden is the kind of player that we need though, we have the gritty types, we need a bit more skill.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Cousins and Laughton.

Probably not bad, but these guys are more meat and potato players (which fits our current mold) I wouldn't mind a bit of flash, Do they have top 6 upside or do they pan out to be 3-4 c?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Woops, missed this, Probably not bad, not sure if Hayden is the kind of player that we need though, we have the gritty types, we need a bit more skill.

Hayden turning into a pretty good power forward thus far, obviously remains to be seen what he looks like after college, but between his Junior and Senior years, he has 21 goals in 37 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad