Patriots/NFL LA RAMS are NFL Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The issue was you said he no experience on that side of the ball which is incorrect. I'm well aware of his failures with the Giants. You're not going to get someone who succeeded at their last job, that's not the way it works. Like I said, if I'm choosing between someone who failed with our system or another. I'm at least taking our system to have a level of continuity.
Of course they’re usually failures or coming off failures, but at least they failed with more experience working with QBs or were successful OCs at one point. Adam Gase was supposedly at practices last year, I would take that failure over these two failures, he at least had success as an OC.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Of course they’re usually failures or coming off failures, but at least they failed with more experience working with QBs or were successful OCs at one point. Adam Gase was supposedly at practices last year, I would take that failure over these two failures, he at least had success as an OC.
I feel like we're splitting hairs arguing over Joe Judge or Adam Gase. Seems like nitpicking just to nitpick. Neither have a great track record, but at least Judge was here and knows how things operate. Bill seems to have things pointed in the right direction so I don't see reason to question who's working under him. If the whole thing was failing you might have a point.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I feel like we're splitting hairs arguing over Joe Judge or Adam Gase. Seems like nitpicking just to nitpick. Neither have a great track record, but at least Judge was here and knows how things operate. Bill seems to have things pointed in the right direction so I don't see reason to question who's working under him. If the whole thing was failing you might have a point.
I don’t think it’s splitting hairs I think it’s an important hire for Mac Jones. One was successful as a special teams coach and the other was successful as an OC, which is more fit to work with your second year QB?

He has the thing pointed in the right direction yes but he now has a massive hole to fill at OC and he’s filling it with inexperience to work with his inexperienced QB.

He hasn’t had to worry about the offense much with Josh there now he’s gonna have to be more involved there, ST sucked he’s gonna have to worry about that more, and defense sucked when he wasn’t involved.

I’m afraid of him stretching himself too thin, he’s about to be 70, he has no GM and now no coordinators. Would like to see him not be so against outside voices and help.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What aspect of Joe Judge's time with Daniel Jones makes anyone okay with him now working with Mac Jones?

Jones got worse under Judge, not better.
I guess we'll see how Daniel Jones does this year. Maybe he just sucks. He wasn't exactly healthy the last 2 seasons

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Do you not remember the 7-9 clusterf*** when they had the one million dollar man in Cam Newton under center?
I guess making the playoffs and going 10-7 with a rookie, a year removed from Brady is a shitshow. Looks like they position themselves fairly nicely. I mean seriously, most of you have zero clue what an actual shitshow looks like since everyone has been so spoiled.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If 7-9 with a QB that got COVID mid season = "a sh*t show" and a "clusterf***" then that tells you all you need to know about how spoiled we are here.

Stop using COVID as an excuse for Cam's declining performance from mid season onward. He was going downhill by the Raiders game when threw that awful interception and went for under 200 yards passing. Also COVID doesn't cause you to throw the ball like a can of paint, at your receiver's feet, off target, and behind your receiver. The fact of the matter is that Cam's arm was shot and the Seattle game was a mirage.

Also if that season wasn't a gong show, then explain why Bill needed to dump money on two tight ends after drafting two the previous season. Why did he go out and throw money on linebackers after drafting Josh Uche and Chase Winovich? Why did Bill go to a full roster overhaul the next season? It's because it was a failure. 2020 for the Patriots was a failure. It wasn't supposed to be a reset year. It ended up becoming one when Cam couldn't throw the ball and Bill refused to give Stidham a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I guess making the playoffs and going 10-7 with a rookie, a year removed from Brady is a shitshow. Looks like they position themselves fairly nicely. I mean seriously, most of you have zero clue what an actual shitshow looks like since everyone has been so spoiled.

That's 2021. And I never said this past season was a shit show. I would say it was underwhelming considering where the Patriots were mid season with the number one seed in reach and that it all fell apart at the end following the bye week. That said...this past season coaching wise wasn't some masterpiece either. Too many penalties for a team that preaches discipline. Too much clock mismanagement. Too many burned timeouts so they could get the team set up properly and not get called for too many men on the field. This is the kind of crap we would make fun of the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills for many many moons ago.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm much more concerned about Judge than Patricia. Patricia at least had a year as assistant OL coach under Scarnecchia, even if it was 17 years ago. I think he's capable of being a good position coach, I just don't want him calling plays or being a coordinator. Judge, on the other hand, scares me. The QB coach might be the most important coach in an organization that has a 1st round QB still on their rookie contract. His qualifications are limited to being a backup SEC QB 20 years ago. The biggest issue is I don't think he appreciates modern offensive football. He doesn't have the creative mindset that NFL offenses require. That shouldn't necessarily be a surprise when almost his entire coaching career was limited to special teams.

The whole thing is just very frustrating where you've got this QB who showed more promise than most expected and you're not giving him the proper coaching staff needed to get to the next level. This is exactly why I didn't want McDaniels to leave, as frustrating as he could be.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That's 2021. And I never said this past season was a shit show. I would say it was underwhelming considering where the Patriots were mid season with the number one seed in reach and that it all fell apart at the end following the bye week. That said...this past season coaching wise wasn't some masterpiece either. Too many penalties for a team that preaches discipline. Too much clock mismanagement. Too many burned timeouts so they could get the team set up properly and not get called for too many men on the field. This is the kind of crap we would make fun of the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills for many many moons ago.
I think a lot of those issues stemmed from having a rookie QB and more than half the starters being new. If it carries into this season, then I'll be one board with you.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Troy Aikman is the worst, I don't know what ESPN is thinking. But maybe Fox games won't be so boring now. I wonder which recently retired player they throw a million bucks at to team with Joe Buck.

I'll miss Al Michaels on SNF, he and Collinsworth were the best. Tirico's not a bad replacement but Al Michaels is an absolute legend.

Reactions: GabeTravels

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Troy Aikman is the worst, I don't know what ESPN is thinking. But maybe Fox games won't be so boring now. I wonder which recently retired player they throw a million bucks at to team with Joe Buck.

I'll miss Al Michaels on SNF, he and Collinsworth were the best. Tirico's not a bad replacement but Al Michaels is an absolute legend.

I’ve always thought Aikman was pretty good.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I’ve always thought Aikman was pretty good.

His analysis is okay but his presentation is too dry for the medium.

By contrast Romo has very good analysis but is over-the-top and clownish with the delivery.

Collinsworth hits that middle ground perfectly IMO. Entertaining without being ridiculous, but does have good points to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad