Proposal: LA - PHI

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Really o wow.. I guess you read one post per thread or something.. good luck rebuilding.

I actually gave an example of flipping UFA during the season by rebuilding team... I guess you missed that or something..
I'm not sure why you're getting so upset. I'm a Flyers fan and I agreed that trading Carter at the deadline would net a bigger return than Simmonds. I don't know why you're getting all worked up about people having different opinions. Sure, the Flyers fleeced Atlanta but that doesn't mean that every team's strategy should be to trade their players for other players with lesser value and assume it's going to result in a bigger return at the deadline. When you have to go back 11 years to find a trade that worked out that way maybe that's a sign that it was just a bad trade by Atlanta rather than the norm.

Reactions: Starat327

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I'm not sure why you're getting so upset. I'm a Flyers fan and I agreed that trading Carter at the deadline would net a bigger return than Simmonds. I don't know why you're getting all worked up about people having different opinions. Sure, the Flyers fleeced Atlanta but that doesn't mean that every team's strategy should be to trade their players for other players with lesser value because it's going to result in a bigger return at the deadline. When you have to go back 11 years to find a trade that worked out that way maybe that's a sign that it was just a bad trade by Atlanta rather than the norm.
I am not upset...
I also do not think that Carter automatically brings bigger return than Simmonds.. Teams at the trade dead line may want to invest into upcoming UFA vs trading for a 34 years old player with 4 years remaining on his contract. Let’s say Simmonds is worth 1st round pick.. does it mean Carter is worth more?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I am not upset...
I also do not think that Carter automatically brings bigger return than Simmonds.. Teams at the trade dead line may want to invest into upcoming UFA vs trading for a 34 years old player with 4 years remaining on his contract. Let’s say Simmonds is worth 1st round pick.. does it mean Carter is worth more?
Carter has 3 years left after this one but we will just have to agree to disagree on trade value.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Carter has 3 years left after this one but we will just have to agree to disagree on trade value.
this season is not even 20 games young... so 34 yea r old carter with 4 years including current season of course. If we trade Simmonds trade him for a pick or young prospect not for Carter. Keep rebuilding..

Again, for a contending team upcoming UFA player like Simmonds is what doctor ordered. If Simmer works out? Fine.. Ff he does not, you walk away.. vs Carter if he does not work for your have a possible headache.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I thought power forwards that could score 30 goals were in demand? I guess I was wrong...

Must be that reading comprehension...

Remind me who score d more goals since the trade?

Last edited:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Really o wow.. I guess you read one post per thread or something.. good luck rebuilding.

I actually gave an example of flipping UFA during the season by rebuilding team... I guess you missed that or something..

You are failing to comprehend this from the kings POV. It has nothing to do with Simmonds having value or if he can be flipped. If the kings can get Simmonds for a combination of players worth less than Carter to flip then yes, he is worth it.

Simmonds has negative value to the kings if they trade him for Carter. Not sure what's so hard to understand here.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Not for his age and contract status and LA just starting the rebuild.
You must know something the rest of us do not... It's not like you traded Kopitar or Doughty.. You fired head coach and traded Tanner Pearson... To shake things up.

Last edited:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
No idea why we have a need for trading for a 34 year old players with 4 years remaining on contract.

Then dont trade for him. I don't see why philly at this point would either but doesn't mean that it works for the kings either.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
You must know something the rest of us do not... All you did was trade Tanner Pearson... To shake things up.
Why do you think they are done making moves? Just because Carter to Philly for Simmonds and Raffl isn't the best use for Carter from the Kings perspective does not mean they are done making moves.

The way you respond to things is very strange, do you think trading for Simmonds is the Kings' only option?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Why do you think they are done making moves? Just because Carter to Philly for Simmonds and Raffl isn't the best use for Carter from the Kings perspective does not mean they are done making moves.
and trading Carter for picks to "rebuild" while keeping kovalchuk, Kopitrar, Doughty tells you what?

I mean, let's say if Kings traded Doughty for Nylander + plus whatever.... that would signal me that they are rebuilding...

The way you respond to things is very strange, do you think trading for Simmonds is the Kings' only option?
IS that a trick question?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I would think there's massive value in a big, fast, cost-controlled two-way center that's good for 30g 60p. Don't see why that's so god damn controversial other than one poster's intentionally ****ty reading comprehension.

Jeff Carter is a polarizing figure for most flyers fans. I think we all wanted him to come in and be the super star he became, but wanted him to do it for us.

There's a small portion of the fanbase that has some animosity towards him because of that. There's also some people who can't look past the old Jeff "High and Wide" Carter. It's a weird set of feelings to have towards a guy whose biggest offense was being young and immature when he was in his early 20s.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I’d love to see carter finish his career in orange and black but don’t wanna wait until he has nothing left to offer.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Jeff Carter is a polarizing figure for most flyers fans. I think we all wanted him to come in and be the super star he became, but wanted him to do it for us.

There's a small portion of the fanbase that has some animosity towards him because of that. There's also some people who can't look past the old Jeff "High and Wide" Carter. It's a weird set of feelings to have towards a guy whose biggest offense was being young and immature when he was in his early 20s.

I can agree with this. He's definitely all over for us.

For myself, I'll say that I don't care to get him back but you have to be in awe that he's put together such a good career for himself for so long. He's been terrific and I'm happy for him. Always seemed to be a nice guy, even if he was caught up in nonsense with Richards (allegedly) at one point.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I thought Philly needed a RHD?

seem pretty set at center

Philly needs a coach that understands NHL hockey. Even with a good coach, there are other holes, but a good coach could make this team a 2nd round team at least. Theres more than enough talent on the roster, it just isnt utilized correctly.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Carter gets traded it'll be for picks and prospects. Simmonds, as good as he is, doesn't fit what the Kings are or should be doing right now.

Theoretically, you could trade Carter for Simmonds +, then trade Simmonds for picks & prospects to an Eastern conference contender like... it hurts to type this... Pittsburgh.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought Philly needed a RHD?

seem pretty set at center

If Hextall actually had a coach in charge that made his team a contender this year, which he doesn't, Carter would be a great add since he can play center and RW. I would rather add Carter for picks + prospects, than a RHD with term who would be blocking Myers.

Giroux-Couturier-Konency
JVR-Carter-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Weise/Weal
Lehtera

Then next year when Simmonds is gone and center prospects like Frost, Rubtsov and Vorobyev come up, Carter can move to RW as needed.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
What do you guys think of a swap of Jeff Carter for Wayne Simmonds a Michael Raffl?

Carter would come back to philly and could slot into a 2C-3C role or even play the wing.

LA would get a good power forward in Simmonds, who I’m sure would be interested in resigning with LA since he’s played there before, and if LA doesn’t turn it around they could always move him for a pick and a prospect at the deadline. They also get Raffl, who when healthy can slot into their bottom six and help their pk.

I could see Carter and Muzzin for Patrick and a 1st

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
You gotta lay off whatever is causing you your hallucinations, then.

I feel like a lot of HFBoards posters really forget the entire objective of NHL teams (it's to win the cup)

Patrick is fantastic, but Carter is the better player right now, and you get Muzzin to solidify your back end. It makes the Flyers far more competitive now, at the cost of having the aging players in the future.

That's how you make trades when you want to compete. You'd still have Rubtsov and Frost long term, and your #1 guy is only 25. You would be loading up for a solid run at the cup this season, before having to let go of Wayne in the off-season --- you would still be a solid cup contender for the next few years with an insanely deep top 6.

Carter's deal expires the same time as Giroux's (2022/2023) --- at that point, the Flyers could completely re-tool by trading Giroux and Carter at the TDL if they aren't competitive (both players being experienced Cs will likely see them fetch something substantial).

At that point, JVR will have one year left, and Voracek two, they could sell them off as well as rental +1 and rental +2s, be it at the draft or TDL.

New Jersey, Carolina, Montreal, Islanders, Rangers and Buffalo are teams that are only going to get better and better throughout the next few years in the East.

Toronto and Tampa will stay competitive for the next 5+ years

Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington will slow down.

The Flyers are somewhere right in between the teams that will get better, and the teams that will stay competitive; just think this is one of the better times for them to compete for a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad