Proposal: LA - PHI

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
What do you guys think of a swap of Jeff Carter for Wayne Simmonds a Michael Raffl?

Carter would come back to philly and could slot into a 2C-3C role or even play the wing.

LA would get a good power forward in Simmonds, who I’m sure would be interested in resigning with LA since he’s played there before, and if LA doesn’t turn it around they could always move him for a pick and a prospect at the deadline. They also get Raffl, who when healthy can slot into their bottom six and help their pk.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What do you guys think of a swap of Jeff Carter for Wayne Simmonds a Michael Raffl?

Carter would come back to philly and could slot into a 2C-3C role or even play the wing.

LA would get a good power forward in Simmonds, who I’m sure would be interested in resigning with LA since he’s played there before, and if LA doesn’t turn it around they could always move him for a pick and a prospect at the deadline. They also get Raffl, who when healthy can slot into their bottom six and help their pk.

If La is selling big pieces, it's to rebuild.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

No thanks.

Reactions: go4hockey

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
hahah no thanks followed by deal.

If LA moves Carter it will be prove that **** is being torn down and then Simmonds holds little value. He was my favorite king while he was here but wrong time to bring him back.
O really?

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Blake has stated it’s currently a retool not a rebuild, I just thought this would be a way for LA to retool and if it didn’t work out they could ship simmer off at the deadline as part of a rebuild

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Blake has stated it’s currently a retool not a rebuild, I just thought this would be a way for LA to retool and if it didn’t work out they could ship simmer off at the deadline as part of a rebuild
Value is probably there. Raffl is a pretty underrated and nontalked about forward in the league.

A retool where you just fired your Head Coach, then have an interim is kinda hard since you don’t know if the interim will stay.

I feel like that Blake comment may be a pull back on fans hitting the panic button.

Still think, if any big pieces get moved, it’ll be for someone young or futures.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

I think this does absolutely nothing for LA. If Philadelphia wanted Carter back we would want mostly picks and prospects and not a UFA to be along with useless pieces.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Read the entire sentence. Hes not wrong. Love to have Simmons back, but doesnt help rebuild.
You mean trading someone like Sommonds does not help the rebuild? Homer as dumb as he was...Traded for Zhitnik and after 30 games he traded Zhitnik for Atlanta for Coburn at the dead line. Does it mean Zhitnik did not have trade value for rebuilding team? Flyers were rebuilding team at the time.
If Kings are rebuilding and trading their older players away,it makes lil sense to trade for Simmonds.Simmonds has lil trade value to a Kings team if the organization is rebuilding.
whatever..

Last edited:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
O really?
He's not wrong. Carter holds more value than Simmonds so if they wanted to make a deadline deal and start a rebuild, trading Carter for futures would make a lot more sense than trading for Simmonds and Raffl and then trading Simmonds for a lesser return a couple months later.

Reactions: Winger23

Winger23

May 3, 2007
He's not wrong. Carter holds more value than Simmonds so if they wanted to make a deadline deal and start a rebuild, trading Carter for futures would make a lot more sense than trading for Simmonds and Raffl and then trading Simmonds for a lesser return a couple months later.

This. Not sure why that poster somehow feels insulted the kings wouldn't want to flip simmonds when they can just get better value with carter.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I did not say that Simmonds has more value or that Carter has more value. lol... I had an issue with someone saying that Simmonds has little value vs Carter.. stupid statement. Some playoff teams prefer UFA at teh dead line vs year contract.

I can see how some teams will think twice before trading for 34 year old with 4 more years in his contract...

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I did not say that Simmonds has more value or that Carter has more value. lol... I had an issue with someone saying that Simmonds has little value vs Carter.. stupid statement. Some playoff teams prefer UFA at teh dead line vs year contract.
The post you replied to said that trading Carter would show that LA is rebuilding and that a 30 year old pending UFA in Simmonds holds little value to a rebuilding team. He's right. He didn't say Simmonds has no value and he didn't say Simmonds has little value compared to Carter. It really wasn't a stupid statement.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
The post you replied to said that trading Carter would show that LA is rebuilding and that a 30 year old pending UFA in Simmonds holds little value to a rebuilding team. He's right. He didn't say Simmonds has no value and he didn't say Simmonds has little value compared to Carter. It really wasn't a stupid statement.
Really o wow.. I guess you read one post per thread or something.. good luck rebuilding.

I actually gave an example of flipping UFA during the season by rebuilding team... I guess you missed that or something..

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
No idea why we have a need for trading for a 34 year old players with 4 years remaining on contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad