La Liga 2023-24

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Spanish ref committee says we should have been given a penalty against Getafe and that the ref has been removed from the coming fixtures. Like I said post match, it was one of the worst displays I’d ever seen and we definitely should have been awarded that penalty.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
f*** TSN for having the La Liga rights over here. Last year I could watch any game, but suddenly now I have to pay more for TSN plus. They constant;y show replays of other events on their main channels or shit golf and today a 3 on 3 hockey game. Now 1 La Liga game on this weekend.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
f*** TSN for having the La Liga rights over here. Last year I could watch any game, but suddenly now I have to pay more for TSN plus. They constant;y show replays of other events on their main channels or shit golf and today a 3 on 3 hockey game. Now 1 La Liga game on this weekend.
Man that sucks

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Like I said after the pre-season Clasico, Madrid need a 9. Bellingham in the box won’t get the job done.

You're sure about that?

Bellingham scores pretty well so far, and a no. 9 would just be in his way preventing him scoring from those run ins. Sure, he isn't a traditional CF, but it seems they have built ther tactics and system pretty well to be succesful without needing a CF. They do have Joselu though (not that he is World Class or anything),

Of course it remains to be seen how this system works out against top teams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You're sure about that?

Bellingham scores pretty well so far, and a no. 9 would just be in his way preventing him scoring from those run ins. Sure, he isn't a traditional CF, but it seems they have built ther tactics and system pretty well to be succesful without needing a CF. They do have Joselu though (not that he is World Class or anything),

Or against decent teams…

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're sure about that?

Arribas scores against Madrid and this is what I walk in to? I haven't seen today's match or highlights, but based on preseason and last week I'd say yes. Last week's goal was flukey. Also, yes, top teams.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@gary69 I’ll add that the only goal today that for me supports that tactic was the second goal. His first was another jammy goal. Vinicius Jr’s goal was excellent though.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ter Stegen with a big save from a Roger Marti breakthrough. Fati isn't even on the bench, he is probably about to be transferred somewhere.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Barca in shambles defensively, only inaccurate finishing and indecisive attacking runs prevented Cadiz from taking the lead.

Third of the stadium is empty, not good for Barca financially in an already depleted capacity stadium.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Still not where I want to see us, but definitely an improved performance. Still lack width and still could move the ball more quickly, but the latter was still better today. Fair result today even though it was late in coming.

Great to see Yamal start and clearly he can play at this level. Wish he would have seen more of the ball really. He earned what should have been a penalty in the opening minutes and then had a would be goal saved by Cadiz’s fantastic GK.

I really liked Gavi’s presence as he was all over the place (in a good way). Have to say there was a hilarious moment where he was on the ground and the Cadiz player literally on top of him and as the Cadiz player was getting up Gavi gave him a little headbutt on his calf.

The setup allowed both Gavi and Pedri to get further forward. De Jong was Man of the Match for the ESPN broadcast, but for me it was Pedri. Set up Kounde with an excellent ball only for it to be saved by another excellent save. Then he scored the opener/winner with a nice give and go with Gundogan, but really like Pedri’s run on that play.

Happy for Ferran. Took his goal well. I’ve been watching some of the training session highlights and Fati’s finishing has been good, but a horrendous miss in this one. Abde should still be sold.

Balde definitely seems off his best despite his preseaon displays, but more concerning is Lewandowski. Service to him aside, he’s definitely off the mark and looked upset after the match.

We still need to go back to a formation that has two wingers and we still need another winger who can dribble and attack the opposing defenders. Only Abde and Yamal can really do that for us right now, and the former lacks end product and decision making.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Damn...
HFboards experts and time travelers will say it was a bad signing by Barcelona. Or that maybe he was overhyped to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad