La Liga 2023-24

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
La Liga has kicked off this weekend.

Madrid leading Athletic Club 2-0. Awful match. Madrid playing average at best and yet get two goals, one from Simon not covering his near post and the second from Bellingham mis-hitting his shot. Bellingham celebration hilarious too. Bilbao denied a penalty as well, but they’re awful. Like I said after the pre-season Clasico, Madrid need a 9. Bellingham in the box won’t get the job done.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
... and we just lost Militao.
sigh

Madrid leading Athletic Club 2-0. Awful match. Madrid playing average at best and yet get two goals, one from Simon not covering his near post and the second from Bellingham mis-hitting his shot. Bellingham celebration hilarious too. Bilbao denied a penalty as well, but they’re awful. Like I said after the pre-season Clasico, Madrid need a 9. Bellingham in the box won’t get the job done.
yeah we can play better

But I hate Bilbao so I’ll take the win

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

So business as usual.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
sigh

yeah we can play better

But I hate Bilbao so I’ll take the win

Yeah, I don’t like Bilbao either, but they gave you lot a pass in the first half. I didn’t bother with the second half and if the score line is any indication I made the right decision, so I don’t know how that went.

You really need a focal point up front. Early days, but the balls into Bellingham aren’t working. You get that and I think you go up a level.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Yeah, I don’t like Bilbao either, but they gave you lot a pass in the first half. I didn’t bother with the second half and if the score line is any indication I made the right decision, so I don’t know how that went.

You really need a focal point up front. Early days, but the balls into Bellingham aren’t working. You get that and I think you go up a level.
Agreed

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I honestly do not think I’ve ever seen a match that was called worse than the match against Getafe today. Araujo should have had a yellow and we got maybe a call or two apart from that, but Getafe got away with murder. Damian, a piece of trash, had at least three yellow card offenses, one of them actually a red I’d say, before he actually got a yellow. Mata, another piece of trash, had two yellow cards, when he should have been sent off prior to that and his second yellow that was given should have been a straight red. Then you’ve got all the other fouls in addition to those. Best of all though is a clear foul on Araujo in the box and the ref calls a handball on Gavi, after VAR review mind you, because the ball is kicked into his arm from a foot away while the opposing player is holding his shirt on both his chest and back. And if you want to get a real feel for how bad it was, Steve McManaman even was saying as much on the majority of the referee decisions. Oh, and he sent off a Getafe staff member who walked a few feet away and then just stayed there the rest of the match. Xavi did as much when he was laughably sent off, but he was later in the boxes while I’m pretty sure the Getafe staff member was later even on the pitch. Match was a total embarrassment for the league too.

As for us, poor performance. Romeu, De Jong and Yamal were our best players for me. Gundogan, I think he’ll be in Kessie territory next Summer. Can’t understand why we‘re wasting the wages on him. I also think it’ll be time to move Lewandowski on next Summer too. Sell Abde immediately. He can be dangerous, but end product isn’t very good and he makes bad decisions. Fati is a player I‘ve felt should still get a chance, but again, looking at his wages and what he brings…. I don’t know. I’d sell Raphinha too. And Xavi needs to ditch that 4 man midfield. We could have used a wide player on the left the whole match.

As for Getafe, I hope they get relegated and Bordalas gets sacked in the process.

@Power Man , like you need a 9, we need a dynamic winger now that Dembele is gone. We need a guy who can put the opposing player on his heels and the two guys we have for that are Yamal and Abde and the latter isn’t good enough.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Getafe is not getting relegated lol, it is a dirty team that knows exactly how to gain points. They will comfortably be in mid table. Bad start to our season but this was a game that we could lose points

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure what part of “hope they get relegated“ is so difficult to understand. Not to mention they were only 3 points from safety last season.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Because they didn't have this coach. It is him that makes Getafe play this way lol

Obviously, and yet that still guarantees nothing for a club like Getafe. Their squad is still their squad. Not to mention you're inability to understand the word "hope".

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s been an issue for some time. Fortunately it’s all minor. I don’t think fielding him as a RB helps either.
Yup his hamstrings can’t seem to take it burst down the wing. I’d only play him there against Vini. If this doesn’t force a RB purchase they might as well fold the season. Give to it Atleti.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yup his hamstrings can’t seem to take it burst down the wing. I’d only play him there against Vini. If this doesn’t force a RB purchase they might as well fold the season. Give to it Atleti.

Unless somebody comes in hard and fast all of a sudden, I think we’ll sign Fresneda.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What the heck was that Getafe - Lona match all about? That official was getting slammed all match by the callers and at halftime intermission and by just about everyone who watched... thought it looked like a saudi league match...
Good to watch.... to a point....

I already miss Gundogan on City... but I have to root for barcelona because family in spain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad