La liga 2021-2022 Part II: It’s Perez World and We’re Just Living In It

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No offside and red card on Araujo according to the rulebook.
Nothing called play on says the ref.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dembele unreal anytime he touches the ball. Offered yet another goal to the new guy who couldn't finish.

Crazy when you read hfboards.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
TSN for la liga is trash man, Cant watch Barca because i'm looking at some f***ing arab cup shit

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Dembele unreal anytime he touches the ball. Offered yet another goal to the new guy who couldn't finish.

He's fragile and makes mental errors but the skill and talent is undeniable and he makes plays.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

You only focus on the positive though. He has several failed actions too tonight. Still makes plenty of wrong/low IQ decisions too. It's always the good and the bad with him, I don't think that will ever change.

Team looks good going forward, they play way more vertical football than in previous games. Great goal from Gavi and a shame that early Ferran goal was just offside.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You only focus on the positive though. He has several failed actions too tonight. Still makes plenty of wrong/low IQ decisions too. It's always the good and the bad with him, I don't think that will ever change.

Team looks good going forward, they play way more vertical football than in previous games. Great goal from Gavi and a shame that early Ferran goal was just offside.
Amazing.
In the first 30 minutes alone, Dembele could have had 4 assists and didn't lose a single ball.
He sent the new guy alone on goal, but he couldn't control the ball properly.
He assisted on the corner with a great pass.
He then sent FDJ alone on goal, but FDJ missed the ball entirely.
Then he sent the new guy alone on goal AGAIN, but the guy shot too close to the keeper to deflected it.

What failed actions on those 30 minutes? Who's focusing on what?
If he had more technical teammates, he'd have 4 assists and you'd claim the same thing? Of course not. Yet it's not his fault the three plays didn't end up as goals.

Reactions: JJ68

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The thing is Messi was doing it against everybody. I used to like Dembele as a substitute during our high flying tiki taka days, because when the tiki taka was not working he was a good option off of the bench as an incredibly chaotic player to add an element of surprise to our team. Had we got him for 30-35 million, which is what he's probably worth, I'd even like the guy. Not his fault of course he cost so much and he's made of glass, but he's not made any fans in Barcelona either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
New guy might have scored and has made some tremendous movement off the ball, but boy does he suck technically. Guy has missed 3 golden chances now and I missed 35 minutes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The thing is Messi was doing it against everybody. I used to like Dembele as a substitute during our high flying tiki taka days, because when the tiki taka was not working he was a good option off of the bench as an incredibly chaotic player to add an element of surprise to our team. Had we got him for 30-35 million, which is what he's probably worth, I'd even like the guy. Not his fault of course he cost so much and he's made of glass, but he's not made any fans in Barcelona either.
Just what he showed in the first 30 minutes should tell you 30/40 is laughable.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Just what he showed in the first 30 minutes should tell you 30/40 is laughable.

I'm not watching this tyre fire of a team draw Elche, not when Haaland is playing at the same time. The price is what people are willing to pay for him, let's say I was exagerating to make a point, but do you really think any team in the world would pay 50 mil for Dembele in 2021?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe based on potential. In any case, the upside is so high, as you can see in the first 30 minutes.
I think he needs some good coaching (something he never had in Barcelona, it must be said) and I'm sure he'd be healthier as well.
If those two conditions are met, the sky is the limit.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Maybe based on potential. In any case, the upside is so high, as you can see in the first 30 minutes.
I think he needs some good coaching (something he never had in Barcelona, it must be said) and I'm sure he'd be healthier as well.
If those two conditions are met, the sky is the limit.

I don't think he will ever fulfill that potential he once had. You also make it seem like nothing is his fault, like it's only outside elements that have made him into what he is now. While that is true to some degree, his low IQ and immature character will hold him back just as much as the coaching or health.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
He doesn't play la liga anymore man. You're mistaken.
He's struggling with L1's defenses right now in a real tough league.

Interesting. I get nothing is easy but the man is well paid and he's got to be better. David sure isn't struggling with those same defenders.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
beIN lost the rights to La Liga so I have been barely been able to watch a match this season, but I admit I have no idea who scored the goals for Barca today. Gavi? Blanc? Who?

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad