Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
G2AHmhi.gif

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Barcelona and Madrid have a similar problem. They still have some good players, but they also play some players who clearly aren’t good enough or good enough yet for their club. It’s not that surprising that when you give so many minutes to players who aren’t up to the standard that you’ll struggle to get results. The way out is to do a better job in squad building. It’s a lot simpler than many think, in my opinion.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was a pretty boring match, can't believe Barca can "bring it" against Real but then go sideways passing against Atletico for the entire match. They had one amazing chance in the feet of Messi and he pretty much just shoots it at Oblak. Koeman sat in his chair like what we Gooners had to deal with Wenger, close to zero emotion and just enjoying the time when you're down against a mid-table club (not calling Atletico that). Not sure if the Mattresses were even better, but Simeone is going to always Mourinho playing five in the back. Quite liked what I saw from Saul, thought he was the best player for them.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barcelona and Madrid have a similar problem. They still have some good players, but they also play some players who clearly aren’t good enough or good enough yet for their club. It’s not that surprising that when you give so many minutes to players who aren’t up to the standard that you’ll struggle to get results. The way out is to do a better job in squad building. It’s a lot simpler than many think, in my opinion.

I didn't see today's match and I don't have to. The problem isn't so much the squad as it's the manager. A good manager could be getting a lot more out of this team than Koeman is.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some clear flaws on the team and a lot of players are not playing up to their level. But Koeman aint the guy. If the next coach isn't Xavi or Poch... sell everyone.

The comments about Puig today if real were hilarious and quite sad tbh.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Worse than Setein so far... this maybe a hot take but it doesn’t look good at all. It’s cute that he plays some young players. However he hasn’t brought anything better than Setein so far

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Over Atleti?
Im not comfortable making any prediction in footy right now. La liga or otherwise. It just very unpredictable. A good way to make yourself look like an idiot is to trying and make a prediction right now. This is where people can get confused you between a prediction and an expectation. Im just saying I could see them winning, just like I could see a number of other teams winning.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad