GDT: LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks preseason Split Squad game @5:00pm 9/24/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Different squads. Same boring team lol. At least they’re consistent.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
aw man i just saw lee leave the ice limping after shaking his knee on a non-contact stop

that's not f***in good

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well, an effective powerplay followed up by an ineffective one that causes an odd-man rush and goal against.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
2-2 after 3. OT then a guaranteed shootout.

Obviously no conclusions to be drawn, but Laferriere was just head and shoulders above the rest.

Edit: Rough game winner for Ingham to let in. It keeps combining my previous post with my new one.

Reactions: Little Psycho

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Overall, disappointing because it was a loss, but conclusions shouldn't be drawn. There were a lot of invitees on this roster.

Aside from Laferriere, Pinelli looked pretty good. I'm a big fan of Ziemmer, but he didn't look too great - a few times he wouldn't shoot because he wasn't in perfect shooting position,

Ingham looked very human.

I thought Chromiak had a terrible game and was hoping he would have separated from the rest of the pack.

Lee going out early in the game didn't look good.

Helenius was pretty invisible as well, unfortunately. I thought he would have used his size more to get control of the puck.

Aside from getting some PK time, Madden also looked ineffective. Given his age and level of development, I would expect a better game from him, but I guess rounding out his skillset to include the PK is good.

More than anything, I just don't like the overall look and execution of a Sturm-coached team.

Edit: I also realized he put Tynan and Hudon out there to start. When will coaches stop depending on vets to get things done? Especially when learning to deal with pressure in OT is best to learn in preseason?

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Why does the NHL have the first goal listed as Tschigerl getting the goal instead of Pinelli?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I didn't watch the game. Did he really look that good?

Yes, and he's consistently looked that good, and brings a lot when he's not scoring

Overall, disappointing because it was a loss, but conclusions shouldn't be drawn. There were a lot of invitees on this roster.

Aside from Laferriere, Pinelli looked pretty good. I'm a big fan of Ziemmer, but he didn't look too great - a few times he wouldn't shoot because he wasn't in perfect shooting position,

Ingham looked very human.

I thought Chromiak had a terrible game and was hoping he would have separated from the rest of the pack.

Lee going out early in the game didn't look good.

Helenius was pretty invisible as well, unfortunately. I thought he would have used his size more to get control of the puck.

Aside from getting some PK time, Madden also looked ineffective. Given his age and level of development, I would expect a better game from him, but I guess rounding out his skillset to include the PK is good.

More than anything, I just don't like the overall look and execution of a Sturm-coached team.

Edit: I also realized he put Tynan and Hudon out there to start. When will coaches stop depending on vets to get things done? Especially when learning to deal with pressure in OT is best to learn in preseason?

Ziemmer looks like where Pinelli did last year--looks like he's thinking too much and kind of soaking it in. I trust he'll come back strong.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Why does the NHL have the first goal listed as Tschigerl getting the goal instead of Pinelli?
because the game notes in the building had Tschigerl incorrectly listed as 73

EDIT: I'm not sure what was going on with the stat keeping but the SOG didn't start properly tracking until the game was well underway

Reactions: King'sPawn

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
My biggest worry about Laferriere was if he could adapt to the pro game or not. He wasn't dominating on the ice in college, didn't really take over games or anything like that. But Harvard wasn't a stacked squad and really had to work as a team with very little individualism to hang with the bigger programs.

Turns out that worry was completely unfounded as he's settled in seamlessly. Granted I've only seen him a couple of times outside of college, but he's showing the same stuff he did at Harvard. Always in position, very smart player, with a solid, accurate shot. He's not overwhelmed in the slightest and plays confidently. He's not huge, but he always looks bigger than his listed size.

He's a 4th liner at worse, with higher upside. His shot isn't nearly as lethal as Arty's, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up an Iafallo clone.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Btw Ingham has been the most impressive prospect at both the rookie tourney and tonight. He deserves an NHL contract and at this point should be splitting time with Riitch in Ontario.

Portillo looks like crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad