GDT: LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks preseason Split Squad game @5:00pm 9/24/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Split squad game in Anaheim today. Have not seen or heard anything about a broadcast or stream for this game so I made the GDT just in case something comes up between now and puck drop. Might be audio only.

LIVE: Ducks vs. Kings Preseason | Anaheim Ducks

Here's the group playing today per Dooley:

Forwards (13) – Martin Chromiak, Samuel Helenius, Hayden Hodgson, Charles Hudon, Alex Laferriere, Kaleb Lawrence, Andre Lee, Tyler Madden, Mikhail Maltsev, Francesco Pinelli, T.J. Tynan, Taylor Ward, Koehn Ziemmer
Defensemen (7) – Angus Booth, Kevin Connauton, Joe Hicketts, Cole Krygier, Jacob Modry, Steven Santini, Wyatte Wylie
Goaltenders (2) – J-F Berube, Jacob Ingham

Last edited:

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Does the lack of Akil Thomas’ name mean he’s not yet cleared to play?

@All The Kings Men
He's been skating at camp in between Maltsev and Hodgson.

Not sure how the decisions were made for who skates tonight.

EDIT: and for what it's worth that trio has looked fairly effective in the limited scrimmages we've seen

EDIT EDIT: Tynan, Hudon and Laferriere have also looked very strong together as trio

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Iafallo did that too. The bar shouldn’t be Trevor Moore or Iafallo. That’s the concern.
Yes I agree.

But if he's at least playing at that level it's a start even though you want more from a 2OA pick.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ducks Stream powered by TuneIn is a 24/7 ****audio****resource for all things Ducks, the NHL and Orange County. Tune in for free anytime, anywhere. This one-of-a-kind streaming service also includes 10 exclusive shows about everything you want to know about the team and the league. All games are broadcast live exclusively on Ducks Stream powered by TuneIn, including pregame and postgame coverage.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Split squad game in Anaheim today. Have not seen or heard anything about a broadcast or stream for this game so I made the GDT just in case something comes up between now and puck drop. Might be audio only.

Actually kinda surprised we have enough “prospect” bodies to ice a team given every NHLer is in Australia.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He's been skating at camp in between Maltsev and Hodgson.

Not sure how the decisions were made for who skates tonight.

EDIT: and for what it's worth that trio has looked fairly effective in the limited scrimmages we've seen

EDIT EDIT: Tynan, Hudon and Laferriere have also looked very strong together as trio
Thank you Jesse. That’s good news.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

So the "Ontario Reign" are playing the Anaheim Quackers today? Its times like this that I wish TMadden had stayed in College 1-2 more seasons and not be a Waiver Claim somewhere

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Coming in peace - do you guys know of what the NHL has officially done to waive the NHL veteran minimum for this game? We are all assuming it’s because your good players are another continent, but don’t know if there’s an actual minimum/maximum or the Ducks just not being stupid about it. Thanks.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kevin Connauton is an LA King.

42318B96-7549-4425-B436-CFC231B3D59E.jpeg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yes I agree.

But if he's at least playing at that level it's a start even though you want more from a 2OA pick.
Not to shit on iafallo but he did a lot for a random signing out of college and people still really ragged on him. I’m just confused as to why the bar was set so high for some like Iafallo but also set so low for a second overall pick. I think this celebration of mediocrity is so perplexing to me. Byfield should be doing a lot more but we act impressed when he’s doing less than Iafallo did? These soft expectations are bonkers to me.

Anyways I hope Byfield looks much better this year as the season goes along but the fact he doesn’t look noticeably better on his big year is a bit of a concern especially when you consider it being preseason and he’s young. If Cooley gets up for those games and Byfield doesn’t then idk what to say.

Let’s hope Byfield seriously wakes up this year because if he’s not head and shoulders better than last year then the bust conversation will begin to have some serious merit. Even plugging up the top 3 center positions says a lot as to where the management is thinking

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Not to shit on iafallo but he did a lot for a random signing out of college and people still really ragged on him. I’m just confused as to why the bar was set so high for some like Iafallo but also set so low for a second overall pick. I think this celebration of mediocrity is so perplexing to me. Byfield should be doing a lot more but we act impressed when he’s doing less than Iafallo did? These soft expectations are bonkers to me.

Anyways I hope Byfield looks much better this year as the season goes along but the fact he doesn’t look noticeably better on his big year is a bit of a concern especially when you consider it being preseason and he’s young. If Cooley gets up for those games and Byfield doesn’t then idk what to say.

Let’s hope Byfield seriously wakes up this year because if he’s not head and shoulders better than last year then the bust conversation will begin to have some serious merit. Even plugging up the top 3 center positions says a lot as to where the management is thinking

Fair comment but you have already thrown down the gauntlet and officially labeled Byfield a bust in the Book of Sol.

Remember?

Pretty hard to start the preseason with back to back, a 16 hours flight away.

Cooley look tired after a great game one.

Byfield looked good early in both but faded.

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ever noticed how most commenters visiting the Kings section preface their comments with an apology like "sorry to interrupt" or "Coming in peace."?

I sure as hell have.

Tells you all you need to know about some of the regulars comments here and reputation, when visitors approach like a bomb squad tech assigned to de-arm a suspicious package.

Coming in peace - do you guys know of what the NHL has officially done to waive the NHL veteran minimum for this game? We are all assuming it’s because your good players are another continent, but don’t know if there’s an actual minimum/maximum or the Ducks just not being stupid about it. Thanks.

Interesting and don't know.

You got a link for Ducks lineup?

Thanks Bud!

• Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM and Sol

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ever noticed how most commenters visiting the Kings section preface their comments with an apology like "sorry to interrupt" or "Coming in peace."?

I sure as hell have.

Tells you all you need to know about some of the regulars comments here and reputation, when visitors approach like a bomb squad tech assigned to de-arm a suspicious package.

Thanks Bud!
There’s been some historically bad blood with certain individuals on both boards, no sense making unnecessary work for your mods :)

Here you go!

1695597368059.jpeg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I sure as hell have.

It's called common courtesy. Venturing into another team's forum could be seen as trolling, literally in the forum rules. So its nice as a moderator to know when someone is just asking a simple question in good faith.

And There are certainly much worse posters around HF than what we have over here in our little corner of the forum.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Yeah I try to spare the mods

I am a bit newer here.

Some of the cannonball comments from old ship wrecks even hit the boats from the same harbor.

As far as I am concerned all are welcome and can voice their opinions, as free men.

I don't care how it was in 1873...

Thanks DVM.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

I sure as hell have.

Thanks Bud!

"I come in peace" is pretty much site wide. Lots of trolls from other teams have messed up threads by saying really stupid stuff that pisses everyone off. All the innocent bystanders get dragged into it as well.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
It's called common courtesy. Venturing into another team's forum could be seen as trolling, literally in the forum rules. So its nice as a moderator to know when someone is just asking a simple question in good faith.

And There are certainly much worse posters around HF than what we have over here in our little corner of the forum.

I mean that makes sense thanks for the insight.

It would be nice to interact with more posters from anywhere, here, in a free manner.

It gets a little tiresome, um, better not say more.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Can you weigh in on this @All The Kings Men

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad