Pre-Game Talk: LA Kings on Saturday

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 7 min
#RedWings Jonathan Ericsson said there's a concern he could have setback if he would take a big hit. Says he hopes to be back for Chicago.

George Sipple ‏@GeorgeSipple 12 min
Babcock said Howard will start Sat vs. Kings. Tatar will play, as will Jurco.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 14 min
#RedWings coach Babcock said that Jimmy Howard will start vs. @LAKings Saturday at JLA.

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 14 min
Babcock said he doesn't expect any injured guys back Saturday. Tatar will return. Most likely for Samuelsson. Howard starting.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 7 min
#RedWings Jonathan Ericsson said there's a concern he could have setback if he would take a big hit. Says he hopes to be back for Chicago.

George Sipple ‏@GeorgeSipple 12 min
Babcock said Howard will start Sat vs. Kings. Tatar will play, as will Jurco.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 14 min
#RedWings coach Babcock said that Jimmy Howard will start vs. @LAKings Saturday at JLA.

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 14 min
Babcock said he doesn't expect any injured guys back Saturday. Tatar will return. Most likely for Samuelsson. Howard starting.

:handclap:
I like the sound of that!

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
no injured guys back once again

i'm starting to latch onto this theory that some of these guys are saving themselves for the olympics and playing it safe

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
with both jurco and tatar playing, hopefully that means bertuzzi is benched, along with sammy . as much as we bag on cleary game after game, bertuzzi has been way worse than cleary in the last 10 games

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
What I want the lineup to look like :

Abdelkader - Z - Jurco
Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Emmerton - Eaves
Cleary - Glendening - Bert

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

i'm starting to latch onto this theory that some of these guys are saving themselves for the olympics and playing it safe

This is why having NHLers in the Olympics is bad.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

I think I'm jumping on this too. When you're day to day for over 2 weeks its not day to day anymore

That's what I'm feeling too, especially Pavel and Alfie. I feel like all these guys are 99% sure to play in the Olympics despite being injured right now.

Our big run this season has to come post-olympics.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The good news recently is that Howard is playing extremely well. I can just smell a big second post olympics run coming once we get Datsyuk and friends back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That's what I'm feeling too, especially Pavel and Alfie. I feel like all these guys are 99% sure to play in the Olympics despite being injured right now.

Our big run this season has to come post-olympics.

I'd be more relaxed about this is the Wings weren't in a dogfight for the playoffs. In the past guys like Lidstrom could take rest days because, hey, they were a lock in the standings so who cares. But right now it could very well come down to a handful of points separating who is in the playoffs.

That said, I don't think any player would deliberately screw the Wings just to rest up for the Olympics. As special as those are, guys like Alfie are still hunting for that Stanley Cup. He has a Gold already.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Basically, Samuelsson will be sitting for Jurco and Tatar will be playing. Sweet!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Sometimes an injury is just an injury and there is no conspiracy. Helm isn't going, Andersson isn't going. Franzen has a head injury, not something you can 'play through'. Zetterberg is quite clearly playing injured and not saving himself.

Give it a rest. They will come back when they're ready.

Good news about Jurco staying. That is one of the most sane decisions made in a while by the management. Getting Sammy out of the lineup and off the PP will help, but will it be enough? Howard will have to be great once again.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I'd be more relaxed about this is the Wings weren't in a dogfight for the playoffs. In the past guys like Lidstrom could take rest days because, hey, they were a lock in the standings so who cares. But right now it could very well come down to a handful of points separating who is in the playoffs.

That said, I don't think any player would deliberately screw the Wings just to rest up for the Olympics. As special as those are, guys like Alfie are still hunting for that Stanley Cup. He has a Gold already.

Depends what he values more though. For some guys I think Gold would be more important for them

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Depends what he values more though. For some guys I think Gold would be more important for them

For Pavel, maybe (still highly doubt it though) but Alfie has already won gold so I gotta think he'd much rather have the SC and would be in the line up helping his team in the the dogfight they're in for a playoff spot if he was healthy enough to play.

I don't really buy this conspiracy theory.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Sometimes an injury is just an injury and there is no conspiracy. Helm isn't going, Andersson isn't going. Franzen has a head injury, not something you can 'play through'. Zetterberg is quite clearly playing injured and not saving himself.

Give it a rest. They will come back when they're ready.

i was referring more towards datsyuk and alfredsson. i'm not saying that they aren't hurting but i have a feeling that if there weren't the olympics this year, they would both be playing right now.

i just think they are all playing it extra careful right now so that they can be sure that they are good to go in the olympics. i'm not bashing them for doing it as i understand the olympics are almost as important to these players as the stanley cup is, especially for datsyuk being named captain and the olympics being played in his home country. there's a lot on the line for him and russia in these olympics

you can't tell me that the olympics aren't on the minds of these players right now

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'm hoping having both of those guys in will jumpstart the sluggish offense. They are both certainly sparkplugs.

That is my thought.

I honestly wonder if we ever get healthy if Sammy gets waived to keep Jurco here, provided that works with the cap.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That is my thought.

I honestly wonder if we ever get healthy if Sammy gets waived to keep Jurco here, provided that works with the cap.

It doesn't provide much cap relief with the new rules, but if they can find a way to make that work, I'd be pretty excited. Jurco isn't a lock top 6 yet, but he's convinced me he's an NHL player and his impact was obvious over a guy like Sammy.

Which is a shame, because I really thought Sammy could help this team when he was signed. He did not look anywhere near this bad in Florida. Hopefully we're not saying that about Weiss after he heals... :help:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Which is a shame, because I really thought Sammy could help this team when he was signed. He did not look anywhere near this bad in Florida. Hopefully we're not saying that about Weiss after he heals... :help:

Yeah, me too. I really figured Sammy could still put up 40 points when he came back; I never thought his decline would be so fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad