LA KINGS 2023/4 Regular season discussion

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Would Thomas need waivers to go back down when Grundsrom is healthy?

If so at this point leave him in the AHL, but call up for the playoffs if someone goes down.
I believe no. After the player clears waivers the first time, they have to be on an NHL roster for 30 days or play in 10 games before they have to go back on waivers.

The main issue is the amount of AHL and NHL transactions teams can have after the TDL. Teams are only allowed 4 call-ups after the TDL before the playoffs. LA has already used 2 out of the 4 possible call ups (Turcotte and Moverare). So LA only has 2 call-ups remaining and it's believed that one is for Clarke. That means they have one left for either Fagemo or Thomas or someone else if there is a different need.

Reactions: YP44

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I believe no. After the player clears waivers the first time, they have to be on an NHL roster for 30 days or play in 10 games before they have to go back on waivers.

The main issue is the amount of AHL and NHL transactions teams can have after the TDL. Teams are only allowed 4 call-ups after the TDL before the playoffs. LA has already used 2 out of the 4 possible call ups (Turcotte and Moverare). So LA only has 2 call-ups remaining and it's believed that one is for Clarke. That means they have one left for either Fagemo or Thomas or someone else if there is a different need.
I think I’m right in saying that injuries permit emergency call ups in addition to the 4. I don’t know the specific rules around that though

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
JAD has still not played in Nashville.

I heard he played.

Played the guitar when he was taking a lesson!

🤣

Trotz like Blakes leftovers.

Is that a tribute to what he acquires or an insult about how he holds and develops then waivers?

Um,

Carl?

Carl Grundstrom!!??

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I kind of like the 11 - 7 setup. It allows for a forward to double shift if they have a hot hand. They might be gassed, but its not Kopi getting the double shift, it's usually QB, RV or Fiala getting the extra ice time.

It also brings some chaos to opposing coaching staff to try to match with on the fly.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
man this site is performing extremely poorly last few days right? feels like it's loading on a 56k modem
I would like to “like” this post but you might not see my like until April. Dial up all over again.

Reactions: tny760

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Back to Thomas. Named AHL player of the week, leads the Reign with 9 GWG and really has earned a look at some point. He has to be at least considered for a role next year given he’d be cheap and has a well rounded skill set. All that has held him back are injuries, he definitely has NHL talent.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Back to Thomas. Named AHL player of the week, leads the Reign with 9 GWG and really has earned a look at some point. He has to be at least considered for a role next year given he’d be cheap and has a well rounded skill set. All that has held him back are injuries, he definitely has NHL talent.
Akil "Clutch" Thomas. All he does is score game winning goals.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
While searching for what he's up to these days, it turns out he's been working with the Kings for over six years now as a consultant. Glad he's doing ok after all those injuries.
Not a Blake teammate but it is probably 50/50 on any former King receiving some sort of paycheck from the Kings since Blake took over.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Thomas had a hat trick a pre-season game vs Vegas yet he's rotting in Ontario and just turned 24 and Lewis, who is almost 40, is playing every game.

Where has Lizotte been?
Lewis has been one of the most valuable Kings this year. Best defensive forward, best penalty killer both by eye test and GAA/60, a real tide-turner.

If that line didn't get absolutely decimated by injuries, I think the Dave Taylor era wouldn't be looked at the same way. Though, it's also likely the Kings don't win in 2012 or 2014.
The fact that they didn't get a single asset in return for losing an entire top line is what paved the way for the Lombardi rebuild.

Reactions: Piston

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
The fact that they didn't get a single asset in return for losing an entire top line is what paved the way for the Lombardi rebuild.
Oh sure but it's not like they had a choice. All three of them pretty much had their careers over with because of those injuries. I mean, what were you going to get for those three guys considering their status at that time? I'm not sure conditional draft picks were going to make a difference between Lombardi coming or not.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Oh sure but it's not like they had a choice. All three of them pretty much had their careers over with because of those injuries. I mean, what were you going to get for those three guys considering their status at that time? I'm not sure conditional draft picks were going to make a difference between Lombardi coming or not.
Yeah, that's why I said it paved the way for the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad