GDT: LA Kings 2013 NHL Draft

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I think we have zero idea of who is on the kings radar. I haven't seen to many overagers getting hyped (except for a brief mention of a goalie from Slovenia.).

Who knows maybe someone like Zykov or another of the Russians drops and we make a trade up for him.

Called it!

:yo:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Nice gesture by DL, to move the 7th. Great to see it in the NHL where Gms make some pretty ruthless trades.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Holy crap did the Sharks blow it today. They went into what is considered probably the deepest draft in about a decade with four picks in the first two rounds, and came away with Tyler Kennedy, Mirco Mueller, and Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So how do you guys think we drafted overall today?

I think ok, but I am waiting for TonellisGhost report...

I was hoping we would have taken Jordan Subban (PK's brother) with the Justin Auger pick...I guess because of reading a lot about him in the last week and that PK Subban said Jordan is the one who teaches him skills....sure, he's like 5'9" 175, but maybe in 3 yrs he's 5'11" and 195 and if his skills and game keeps progressing, you have a player.

Auger sounds like a bigger project than that.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

I was hoping we would have taken Jordan Subban (PK's brother) with the Justin Auger pick...I guess because of reading a lot about him in the last week and that PK Subban said Jordan is the one who teaches him skills....sure, he's like 5'9" 175, but maybe in 3 yrs he's 5'11" and 195 and if his skills and game keeps progressing, you have a player.

Look at who we drafted today, big and beefy. 5'9" 175 wasn't going to cut it

Jun 30, 2006

Agreed, also waiting on tonellisghost report on our draft.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So how do you guys think we drafted overall today?

If the Kings end up with 2 players from today, it'll be a success.

Obviously the guy to keep an eye on is Zykov. Trade 3 picks to move up and get him. He doesn't have to be 1 of the 2 players to consider this draft a success, but he sort of has to be 1 of the 2.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
If the Kings end up with 2 players from today, it'll be a success.

Obviously the guy to keep an eye on is Zykov. Trade 3 picks to move up and get him. He doesn't have to be 1 of the 2 players to consider this draft a success, but he sort of has to be 1 of the 2.

Ideally, he is 1 of the 2, because he has the highest impact potential.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Admittedly, I don't follow prospects as much as I used to, but I'm happy based on the reactions of those who follow the scouting game. The Kings drafted some big kids, that's for sure.

When NHL Network showed Hextall laughing with Marty at the Devils table, I knew something as up with the Kings last pick. Nice end of the day for the Brodeurs when it started with Marty basically finding out who his replacement would be.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti "Wanted to pick Auger last year, but their were better players'. "He is a giant piece of clay with good hands".

Sounds like the Kings scouts were high on Auger.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti "Wanted to pick Auger last year, but their were better players'. "He is a giant piece of clay with good hands".

Sounds like the Kings scouts were high on Auger.

The Kings have an awful history drafting guys whose last names start with "A". Since '67 they've only drafted 12 of these players and only one ever played for the Kings, Dennis Abgrall, a RW who played 13 games for the King in '75-'76.

Only Andy Andreoff seems to have a chance to end that, but that's no guarantee.

Auger obviously has a lot to prove. :nod:

Abgrall, Dennis
Ahlen, Thomas
Aivazoff, Micah
Allan, Sandy
Andersen, Niclas
Andersson, Erik
Andreoff, Andy
Andresen, Joel
Anshakov, Sergei
Armstrong, Jim
Auger, Justin
Azevedo, Justin

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
The Kings have an awful history drafting guys whose last names start with "A". Since '67 they've only drafted 12 of these players and only one ever played for the Kings, Dennis Abgrall, a RW who played 13 games for the King in '75-'76.

Only Andy Andreoff seems to have a chance to end that, but that's no guarantee.

Auger obviously has a lot to prove. :nod:

Abgrall, Dennis
Ahlen, Thomas
Aivazoff, Micah
Allan, Sandy
Andersen, Niclas
Andersson, Erik
Andreoff, Andy
Andresen, Joel
Anshakov, Sergei
Armstrong, Jim
Auger, Justin