Value of: (LA) Grundstrom, Durzi, and Moore to TOR - Change of Heart

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Moore is a gem. Local kid too, he will be part of a contending team (Kings or other) in a few years.

Grundstrom is being badly deployed. Todd McLellan had him in his dog house and broke up a great line in Grunts JAD and Moore. They need to keep that line together this year. He should get better with more ice time and stable line mates.

Durzi, AHL, possible NHL tweener. Sliding down the depth chart. He won't get a shot over Doughty ,Walker, Roy and the RD pool of Clarke, Faber, Grans, Spence, Clague is too deep for Durzi to over come. He might get a call up but he really needs to impress and develop his D game this year.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Okay what is the problem with the leafs then, why can't they win when it matters ?

Because they had the 6th best defense playing in a division that would have trouble to compete in the AHL.
Same goes for their offense.

In general the Leafs are not as good as the canadian homer media wants them to be

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Because they had the 6th best defense playing in a division that would have trouble to compete in the AHL.

In general the Leafs are not as good as the canadian homer media wants them to be

Canadian Division status of "weakness" is way over blown.
Our 7th place team, had more points, than your team, and 2 others.

Sounds like your division got to beat on their own weaker teams.

Even without COVID the Leafs were always top 5 in offense.

Reactions: Menzinger

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
How have Grudnstrom, Moore and Durzi been since the leafs traded them? I liked Grundstrom and thought he could be an effective 3rd line player in the future.

Moore seemed to me to be that typical 4th liner that will give its all. Never upset to lose him because didn’t think he had much more than 4th line potential.

Durzi I never really liked and remembered someone going on and on about how great Durzi is. What has happened to him and is there NHL potential in him?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Yet somehow Montreal gave Vegas a beating even with how supposedly shit the north division was

Reactions: Menzinger

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How have Grudnstrom, Moore and Durzi been since the leafs traded them? I liked Grundstrom and thought he could be an effective 3rd line player in the future.
Let's go bad news to good news here

Durzi has been in the minors . I maybe watched 1 of their games last season and he was good. I honestly don't know what the future holds for Sean with the Kings drafting Clarke.

Grundstrom was a good bottom six player for the Kings last year . He hit hard, scored a few big goals. These were his stats.
2020-2021476511-1016
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I would say that this is the year that he needs to cement himself in the lineup . He was left unprotected in the expansion draft.

Moore is without question the prized player from the trades. He really excelled in the second half of the season and the World Championships
Season
2020-202156101323-518
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

he scored the second most points and goals behind Conor Garland in the WJC.

Reactions: Apex Predator

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Wasn't the pick used to select Bjornfot part of the Muzzin trade? Think that's who the Leafs need most.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Wasn't the pick used to select Bjornfot part of the Muzzin trade? Think that's who the Leafs need most.
Yea people like to blame the leafs problems on marner and tavares contracts. I agree to some extent but liljegren and sandin not making the jump has hurt them just as much. If they panned out as top dmen on rookie contracts they wouldnt have had to spend as much on guys like brodie and resigning muzzin.
A young cost controlled dman like bjornfot would be great for them. Hes underrated on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad