Value of: (LA) Grundstrom, Durzi, and Moore to TOR - Change of Heart

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is not a trade proposal thread.

What if Dubas had a change of heart?

What is the value of Grundstrom, Durzi, and Moore to Toronto?

Obviously it's not going to be a first or Muzzin.

With TOR filling holes with players from the margins, I wondered what TOR might look like if they kept a 3 players.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
maple leafs could use grundstrom and moore considering their LW depth, doubt durzi makes the team.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Durzi has stagnated, likely little to no value.

Grundstrom is a bottom-six tweener with some upside, and no identity. Low-mid round pick if made available.

Moore is an absolute gem that would cost a decent overpayment to pry away. He is exactly what the Kings roster needs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This isn't a fanfic. Gms don't just trade for random players back because they had a crush on them. If they were established and big part of the team I'd get it

Could have fooled me with the most recent Kasperi Kapanen trade.

Or the Leafs re-acquiring Michael Hutchinson, Calle Rosen.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
3rd liner, 4th liner, and an at best good prospect. Nothing out of the ordinary to go back to retrieve.
pretty sure the leafs problems are the 3rd and 4th liners haha , and well that defence doesnt help .

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
I mean I would take Muzzin back.

Muzzin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Edler - Walker

I love me some muzz .. but I wouldn't take him back at this point, I would rather let mikey or bjorn have those minutes ... we are still not going to be that good haha

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I mean I would take Muzzin back.

Muzzin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Edler - Walker
I don't think I would like any trade involving Muzz. Even if we were to massively win the trade, I would be bummed and the team wouldn't feel the same without him. IMO with Muzzin's style and effort level, he should be the captain. I want him to be the guy the younger players look at and try to copy.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Grundstrom is the only player I wouldn’t mind on our bottom two lines. The other two players are wastes of roster spots.

They trade him for a 4th then sure revisit acquiring him but otherwise this is not worth our time.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Grundstrom is the only player I wouldn’t mind on our bottom two lines. The other two players are wastes of roster spots.

They trade him for a 4th then sure revisit acquiring him but otherwise this is not worth our time.
Moore is significantly more valuable than Grundstrom and played like a legitimately good 3rd line player in LA this season.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Grundstrom is criminally underrated.
He belongs on a line with Kopitar because he brings exactly the energy, our 1st line is missing.
Moore is an incredible find.
I want to see more of Durzi before i would be willing to give him away.
In general i have no reason to trade those players just for the sake of trading

Grundstrom and Moore as a package alone would demand a late 1st+ something minor.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's wild that people are writing off Durzi already. He was drafted in 2018. Akil Thomas was taken one pick before Durzi and no one's writing him off. Durzi put up 20 points on a defensively-poor Reign team last season and had a positive plus-minus. He has offensive tools but needs to improve defensively. This year's Reign team should hopefully be better than the last, and I'm certainly not ready to send him packing.

So, let's say LA keeps Durzi. I wonder if something around Walker/Roy, Grundstrom, and Moore for Reilly could work out. If Toronto doesn't see a path to re-signing him, he would look great next to Doughty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad