Proposal: LA - CBJ - NSH

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Neutral/ curious fan here. Agreed with some previous comments, Byfield at 21 years old, in a breakout season, and still on his ELC, should be nearly untouchable. Saros would be a great add, but I doubt the Predators would get more than a 1st, since the goalie market tends to pay less than what fanbases view their starter is worth, so I doubt LA would swap Byfield for him, Parssinen and a pick (I could see the desire to upgrade on Rittich/ Talbot but also agreed that they aren't terrible enough that they would need to attach a 1st for either of them, and then the Predators would take on Elvis, when even contenders like Carolina IRL haven't come knocking but instead picked up Martin and have Raanta still).

I think at most the Predators would trade Saros for 1st, either Rittich or Talbot, and maybe some young player like Laferriere of Spence? No way Byfield gets attached for a goalie, and Columbus should not be included.

Reactions: funky

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The kid line, Laferriere-Byfield-Anderson-Dolan is our second best line at the moment. I like Saros but not at the expense of Byfield. 1st, Talbot/Rittich and Spence? Sure. Anything else is a pass. This team isn’t winning anything until Kopitar and Doughty are traded/retired.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
bro what??? He was scoring at like a 55 pt /82 pace last year

Byfield was a 20 pt center not that long ago

Parssinen paced 46pts last year in his D+4; Byfield's D+4 is a 61pt pace.

Parssinen is 18 months older; there's noticeable differences in their development curves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad