Rumor: LA and their 2nd overall pick

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Lundell is a high floor, low ceiling guy, does not have top top 6 potential but could be a pretty good 3rd liner.

I think he could be a very good #2 center. Weirdly, I think the likelihood of him being a 4th line quality player is about the same as him being a 1st line quality player. Personally, I'd like to us swing on a guy with a higher upside, but maybe the Wings thing the upside is there for the guy. :dunno:

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
What prevents him from having top 6 potential?
I just don't get it. He is kid who is producing in Liiga at very good pace and can do everything, he reminds me of Plekanec. He can b very good 2nd line 2way center. I think he will be taken much earlier and i can see him being top 10 pick. I honestly would not be mad if Yzerman took him.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
What prevents him from having top 6 potential?

I just don't think he has flashes of top tier talent, something that Perfetti and Rossi have. He holds his own in a men's league but I just don't see elite potential. He is a safe pick in my book, but I don't want safe picks. Could be an electric 3rd line C or maybe a 2nd liner if all things work out.

I do think he will be a top 10 pick this year because C's are always in high demand.

Here is a review from Scouching, he tracks a lot of data and I agree with his review.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Lundell might not have the desired size for his game, but I could see a player who quietly becomes a fantastic player over time. I can see a little bit of Kopitar in terms of what his game looks like at the next level, maybe Barkov. Perhaps not to that same level of talent, but a similar style of play.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lundell might not have the desired size for his game, but I could see a player who quietly becomes a fantastic player over time. I can see a little bit of Kopitar in terms of what his game looks like at the next level, maybe Barkov. Perhaps not to that same level of talent, but a similar style of play.

What's wrong with the size?

6'1 and compared to 6'1 Bergeron. Also compared to Mikko Koivu, but better wrist shot.

It's crazy how multi-dimensional he is.

+60% corsi (great transition game, selke-game)
+52% in faceoffs as 18-year old against men
- Decent size
- Decent skater with weird style
- Penalty kills
- Plays PP point
- Great shot
- Can find players from High-danger zone. Not superior assist guy like Lafreniere, but can find those high-scoring percentage ares.

= Best overall package, imo, compared to anyone. Only Byfield can build better combination through experience.

Not the most skilled player, but yeah, you could have the Jonathan Toews in your hands.

I'm not suprsided, if Yzerman drafts:

A) greatest shut-down/transition defeceman at 2019
B) his Selke-Trophy center at 2020

Defence first, because defence and low-scoring hockey controls the cap best. That the biggest edge in the future you can get.

Skilled offensive-only wingers mostly become cap problems.

I still want Perfetti, but if Yzerman pulls Lundell for us, then we know finally our future direction.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What's wrong with the size?

6'1 and compared to 6'1 Bergeron. Also compared to Mikko Koivu, but better wrist shot.

It's crazy how multi-dimensional he is.

+60% corsi (great transition game, selke-game)
+52% in faceoffs as 18-year old against men
- Decent size
- Decent skater with weird style
- Penalty kills
- Plays PP point
- Great shot
- Can find players from High-danger zone. Not superior assist guy like Lafreniere, but can find those high-scoring percentage ares.

= Best overall package, imo, compared to anyone. Only Byfield can build better combination through experience.

Not the most skilled player, but yeah, you could have the Jonathan Toews in your hands.

I'm not suprsided, if Yzerman drafts:

A) greatest shut-down/transition defeceman at 2019
B) his Selke-Trophy center at 2020

Defence first, because defence and low-scoring hockey controls the cap best. That the biggest edge in the future you can get.

Skilled offensive-only wingers mostly become cap problems.

I still want Perfetti, but if Yzerman pulls Lundell for us, then we know finally our future direction.

Sure, I’m just saying when issuing a stylistic comparison to Kopitar or Barkov who are both listed at 6’3 and 225 or 215 pounds respectively, Lundell leaves ever so slightly a little to be desired at 6’1 185.

I think his game almost completely lacks flash when going toe to toe with some of these other players, but I think his game is nice.

Seeing this tweet from the head European scout for Dobber is pretty interesting to note.

Reactions: BStinson

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Bahahaha...

I'm going to keep repeating it. I'm hoping Byfield pulls an Eric Lindros and says he doesn't want to play for an owner like Melnyk.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Cross your fingers, ladies and gents.

9cb7d15e543774ec09f265d5e890913e.jpeg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Cross your fingers, ladies and gents.

This could mean so much for the Wings forward group if one of the big guys falls. That said, I really do think Drysdale is pretty great and I'm not surprised he's in consideration in the top 3.

Right now it's easy to celebrate Drysdale going early, but in 5 years will we wish we had the top defender? I'm a little gunshy after initially being excited Zadina fell only to realize right after the initial shock that he fell wore off that I still wanted Hughes.

Reactions: Ricelund

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
This could mean so much for the Wings forward group if one of the big guys falls. That said, I really do think Drysdale is pretty great and I'm not surprised he's in consideration in the top 3.

Right now it's easy to celebrate Drysdale going early, but in 5 years will we wish we had the top defender? I'm a little gunshy after initially being excited Zadina fell only to realize right after the initial shock that he fell wore off that I still wanted Hughes.
Well Hughes was still there. If one falls this year because a team reached for drysdale he wouldn’t be there any way.

also I’m not ready to call it yet on Hughes/zadina. Let’s see Hughes do this with regularity and I see a ton I like in zadina, let’s give him some time.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Well Hughes was still there. If one falls this year because a team reached for drysdale he wouldn’t be there any way.

also I’m not ready to call it yet on Hughes/zadina. Let’s see Hughes do this with regularity and I see a ton I like in zadina, let’s give him some time.
agreed. Zadina will only be better with better players around him(Which can be said about anyone) but still. He put up a near 25 goal pace as a rookie Playing with Helm and Flip. A few years of growth, playing PP1, having actually good line mates who can finish and feed him the puck and play off his IQ. There’s no way he won’t be hitting 70+ points and sniffing 40ish goals a year. His ceiling is somewhere between a tarasenko and Pastranak.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
agreed. Zadina will only be better with better players around him(Which can be said about anyone) but still. He put up a near 25 goal pace as a rookie Playing with Helm and Flip. A few years of growth, playing PP1, having actually good line mates who can finish and feed him the puck and play off his IQ. There’s no way he won’t be hitting 70+ points and sniffing 40ish goals a year. His ceiling is somewhere between a tarasenko and Pastranak.
Right, he was pacing that with 15 min/game. He would have been a 30 goal rookie with 17-19.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

We will see, one thing not in Zadina's favor is his preferred spot on the PP in terms of PP1 seems pretty unattainable because Mantha really is a better option there.

I was very encouraged by his growth this year. I like Zadina, think he is going to be a part of what turns this around. I am hopeful he picked up another step in his skating this off-season. I think he is going to look noticeably better next year again.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
We will see, one thing not in Zadina's favor is his preferred spot on the PP in terms of PP1 seems pretty unattainable because Mantha really is a better option there.

I was very encouraged by his growth this year. I like Zadina, think he is going to be a part of what turns this around. I am hopeful he picked up another step in his skating this off-season. I think he is going to look noticeably better next year again.

He’s also been shown to be capable on the other halfwall. He’s played there some in GR and for Chezch in the WJC. Who knows maybe that spot will go to Perfetti or raymond

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He’s also been shown to be capable on the other halfwall. He’s played there some in GR and for Chezch in the WJC. Who knows maybe that spot will go to Perfetti or raymond

I think he is going to have to, Mantha is pretty lethal in that upper left part of the umbrella. I really don't see him relinquishing that role.

I will be curious to see how that evolves though, I think Bert and Larks might wind up PP2 long-term if Zadina/#4 pick can learn the bumper roll and the other pushed out top right of the umbrella, Ras is likely to take the net front role long-term.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I think he is going to have to, Mantha is pretty lethal in that upper left part of the umbrella. I really don't see him relinquishing that role.

I will be curious to see how that evolves though, I think Bert and Larks might wind up PP2 long-term if Zadina/#4 pick can learn the bumper roll and the other pushed out top right of the umbrella, Ras is likely to take the net front role long-term.
yea i could them running a 1-3-1 off the left halfwall with Ras in front zadina bumper and Mantha in the ovechkin spot on the other dot.
Most likely Raymond/Perfetti as a righty would run the left halfwall.
Would most likely need a LHD at the point.

PP2 would be some combo of Larkin Bert Hronek/Seider Fabbri. Maybe Veleno eventually

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad