GDT: La @ Ana 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
And the timekeeper robbed the Kings of one-quarter of their PP time after the indefensible reversal... so, how about you just call it even? :)

That really was inexcusable. I know we'd be furious around here under the same circumstances.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
And the timekeeper robbed the Kings of one-quarter of their PP time after the indefensible reversal... so, how about you just call it even? :)

Kopitar's skate was off the ice. It was offside and it's really not debatable. Clear no goal.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Kopitar's skate was off the ice. It was offside and it's really not debatable. Clear no goal.

It is ABSOLUTELY debateable, especially with the amount of time it took to make the call -- that's what "inconclusive" is for.

But that's not the more egregious offense here. The hometown cheating on the clock is even more indefensible.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It is ABSOLUTELY debateable, especially with the amount of time it took to make the call -- that's what "inconclusive" is for.

But that's not the more egregious offense here. The hometown cheating on the clock is even more indefensible.
No one's feeling bad for you here. Go find a weird AHL jersey to cuddle with.

Finnish Duck

Nov 13, 2014

I think Pierre said something that they had technical problems at first. I agree that LA should have get that time back.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i actually think our lineup is set.. i relaly wouldn't be upset if we didn't make any more moves.

once stewie comes back and if he keeps playing like he did when it was stewart/getz/perron then I think our forwards will be set. and then we'll just have horcoff rotating in as 13th fw?

stewie/getz/perron
cogs/kes/silf
maroon/rak/perr
garbutt/thompson/horc?

we can also swap maroon/garbutt if need be.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA

timekeeper was so malicious he plugged his ears and repeated "i'm not listening" at nauseam until the ref went away and explained the situation to Daryl.

Oct 18, 2011

false
that is the officials job to get the time right.
try some more.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

Taking a cue from the Staples timekeeper who if memory serves, has had more than one "questionable" timekeeping " mistake" in past games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
i actually think our lineup is set.. i relaly wouldn't be upset if we didn't make any more moves.

once stewie comes back and if he keeps playing like he did when it was stewart/getz/perron then I think our forwards will be set. and then we'll just have horcoff rotating in as 13th fw?

stewie/getz/perron
cogs/kes/silf
maroon/rak/perr
garbutt/thompson/horc?

This about it. I do think we need to acquire 1-2 depth guys though. Possibly will go for just one because we have Wags and Ritchie as well

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

It was a phantom power play that shouldn't have been called in the first place. Losing what 3 or 4 seconds mattered that much?

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Just got back from the game. A few notes that did not make the scoreboard

Perron had a great game. Was all over the kings defense and in front of the net. Awesome that he shoved Quick in the face after he tried to slew foot him.

Garbut - The more I watch him play, the more he looks like a steal of a pick up. He can play on any line and be okay

Manson - Was the best defender tonight. He is turning into Seabrook light.

Bieksa was just average

Vatanen had a couple nice plays, but overall was not good in the defensive zone

Ritchie needs more seasoning. Although he has a quick shot and some creativity, he is a liability right now on defense and offense.

I like the cogs-Kesler-Silf line.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Yeah, but the PP shouldn't have happened anyway. LA looked tired, but the refs were helping them out left right and centre. No call on the hook on Perron, no call on the trip on Silf for the EN, cheap phantom call on Kesler.

Exactly. I don't feel bad for LA. Sure the officials screwed up. The time should have been put back on the clock, but it was a phantom call in the first place so it's hard to feel too bad for them.

The offsides was close, but clear. Kopi's skate was not on the ice.

mytduxfan*

stewie/getz/perron
cogs/kes/silf
maroon/rak/perr
garbutt/thompson/horc?

Hate stewart on the top line. Hate Maroon with Rakell and Perry. BM has to make a couple moves to strengthen those wing positions IMO. Moving out Stoner's contract would also be awesome.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
was it the case?
sog are even and LA played last night and got a goal waived away

I definitely do not think we dominated the game. I thought the Kings were better than us in the first. I thought we took play over about 6 mins in to the 2nd. We dominated the 3rd though.

The offsides was close, but they made the right call. Inconclusive would have been what I thought they'd call. Its really justice though considering that wasn't even a penalty.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not even mad, that was fun. Should make next weekend fun too.

Just got back from the game. A few notes that did not make the scoreboard

Perron had a great game. Was all over the kings defense and in front of the net. Awesome that he shoved Quick in the face after he tried to slew foot him.

Garbut - The more I watch him play, the more he looks like a steal of a pick up. He can play on any line and be okay

Manson - Was the best defender tonight. He is turning into Seabrook light.

Bieksa was just average

Vatanen had a couple nice plays, but overall was not good in the defensive zone

Ritchie needs more seasoning. Although he has a quick shot and some creativity, he is a liability right now on defense and offense.

I like the cogs-Kesler-Silf line.

I actually came to post that about Garbutt too. He's been a sneaky good role player and I thought he was one of the more effective players tonight and the stats confirmed it.

I've had an ongoing mancrush on Manson anyway but he's definitely Seabrook-lite (but not by much, honestly) with some better offensive IQ.

Those are maybe the two sneakyiest-good guys on the Ducks that no one is going to notice until the playoffs, then some poor central first round team is going to be shocked and start a thread or two about them :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad