Post-Game Talk: LA 5 - EDM 2 We Suck Again?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I was hoping when Hitchcock came in he would get more out of the roster. Its still early but I haven’t seen anything that gives me much hope. I don’t think this is a playoff team. I could write out a long post indicating who had a good and bad games but honestly the roster just isn’t good enough. Chiarelli is going to get fired and he should.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The defense might honestly be worse than when Chiarelli started.

What a frightening thought.

It's not worse, but then again the bar for this team should be much higher than 25 wins, or whatever Eakins finished with that one year.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Pretty sure that's Darnell Nurse.

Larsson is starting to get up there, though.

Russell continues to play very well despite all the garbage on D around him.
People don't think too highly of Nurse. Most fans think that Larsson is still a top pairing defenseman still :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Imma just pay attention to the prospects and check the box score after games. This season is lost. Hopefully Hitchcock can at least develop some players a bit before he retires again this summer.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Talbot wasn't that bad, but unfortunately this is the 6th straight game where the opposing goalie has outplayed him.

Dude just can't win games this year.

Meh, you can't lose 5 straight and not be "that bad". Not saying he lost the game, but he isn't helping them win.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's not worse, but then again the bar for this team should be much higher than 25 wins, or whatever Eakins finished with that one year.
True, worse was definitely hyperbole, but it honestly isn't much better. Most of them are playing above their heads.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
People don't think too highly of Nurse. Most fans think that Larsson is still a top pairing defenseman still :laugh:

The last part is somewhat true.

The first part I don't agree with though. A lot of people on here still defend Nurse to an alarming degree considering his regression this year.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Would also be nice if we had a dman with a good shot that could actually get a puck on net on the PP. oh wait, we sent the one we had back to the OHL.

Rains

Jun 22, 2012
Fernie BC
I think I actually hate Present Peter more than old Peter from the 80's. We have literally witnessed in the last 4 years on how to exactly destroy a possible dynasty type team. It's seriously the sickest thing I have ever seen in NHl history. Just so sad....

Reactions: McFuhryous

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Chia flukes out on Chiasson because his other recent signings/trades are all looking like dig ****. I know Spooner is trash, but let’s take a moment and recognize Brodziak as the AHL player he truly is.

Chia can’t take credit for Chaisson. Gulatzan advocated for him and if Upshall didn’t have knee issues Upshall would be here and not Chiasson.

Got to give credit where credit it due. This one is not on Chia.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
With Chiarelli as GM:
In:
Lucic
Benning
Caggiula
Larsson
Koskinen
Chiasson
Letestu (gone)
Kassian
Maroon (gone)
Talbot
Russell
Spooner/Strome
Desharnais (gone)
Reinhart (gone)
Out:
Hall
Eberle
Yakupov
Scrivens
Schultz
Pick 16 (Barzal, Chabot, etc.)
Pick 33 (Beauvillier, Aho, etc.)
Davidson
Strome

Give me a reason why he should stay the rest of the season to make another “terrific” trade

Reactions: space321

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I need a break from this team.... I'm furious at the refs.... but we should have never let it get there. This is a year where we should make the playoffs easily.... and yet we struggle. Such garbage

See you in the new year
See you at the draft. Lose for Hughes is on. I bet he refuses to sign in Edmonton . Wow is all I can say. Is George Costanza the GM of the Oilers or Chiarelli? Same hair style

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Bad look for Ken 'I can fix this' Hitchcock. Honeymoon is over big fella.

You actually thought Spooner on the first line was a good idea??

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
Kings fan here, if it makes you feel any better Willie is benching our leading scorer for no reason.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kopitar 1+2, +2 vs McDavid 0+1, - 2. That's reason why Edmonton loose this one. Bad night for our teams best players. I hope that Koskinen will start next game. Talbot just can't win any games.
It was not a bad night for McDavid..
His -2 was on his defense or lack there of.
McDavid was a tier above Kopitar and created numerous chances.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Would also be nice if we had a dman with a good shot that could actually get a puck on net on the PP. oh wait, we sent the one we had back to the OHL.
Which was the right thing to do, do you want him around this tirefire?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The last part is somewhat true.

The first part I don't agree with though. A lot of people on here still defend Nurse to an alarming degree considering his regression this year.
To be fair, at least Nurse is an elite skater and excellent at zone entries (and awful at doing anything with them after). What the hell is Larsson good at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad