Post-Game Talk: LA 5 - EDM 2 We Suck Again?

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
The hockey gods are just begging the Oilers to put forth some sort of mediocrity to make the playoffs in this trash division, yet the Oilers continue to fall into the f***ing abyss for the 12 time in 13 years.

Positive outlook? 2 games and hand and 3 points out. But I find it hard to believe this team can even move the dial the minimal amount they need to do so to finish third in the Pacific.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Lose for Hughes?

We need a true scorer so ****ing bad in our top-six. Looking at our top lines in that context, it looks awful

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
5-2? I left at 4-2 lol. This team just can't shake the losing culture. I realize it's somewhat irrelevant but why are people like MacT and Lowe still with the org? What a horribly run franchise. Even the Browns are trending up at this point.

Why do I have to cheer for teams that crush my soul? Oilers, Bengals...

Reactions: Summary

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Chia flukes out on Chiasson because his other recent signings/trades are all looking like dig shit. I know Spooner is trash, but let’s take a moment and recognize Brodziak as the AHL player he truly is.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pretty sure that's Darnell Nurse.

Larsson is starting to get up there, though.

Russell continues to play very well despite all the garbage on D around him.
The defense might honestly be worse than when Chiarelli started.

What a frightening thought.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Refs ****ed us in the end. But let’s face it typical oilers playing a team that played the night before played there back up and we lose. Kings goalie outplayed Talbot. Oh and let’s not forget the kings are last in the league.
We will be last soon. Sound familiar? McDavid is gone at years end. Don’t blame him. Rogers place plays to half capacity so Katz increases ticket prices 30-50%

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Lol refs hoping that Mcdavid loses enough, he will ask for a trade out of Edmonton. I don't think I have seen such biased reffing since McDavid has been on the team. Pathetic.

Reactions: Canada Drai

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I need a break from this team.... I'm furious at the refs.... but we should have never let it get there. This is a year where we should make the playoffs easily.... and yet we struggle. Such garbage

See you in the new year

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
That 5 games stretch was insanely brutal. It's hard to even watch the oilers when mcdavid and drai aren't on the ice. Can't even trade picks for good players cause we are locked into terrible contracts. 4 years before this team could be consistently competitive with a competent gm.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Plevna

Nov 2, 2018
Kopitar 1+2, +2 vs McDavid 0+1, - 2. That's reason why Edmonton loose this one. Bad night for our teams best players. I hope that Koskinen will start next game. Talbot just can't win any games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad