Post-Game Talk: LA 5 - EDM 2 We Suck Again?

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Should be a separate thread but if the mods are cool with it I'll respond here but also open to it being moved to a visitor type thread which is appropriate here.

I can't really limit it to 5.

But top recommendations would be Quebec City, Old City Montreal, Winnipeg. Halifax. Victoria. As cities that's the list I would give. But even Edmonton has the splendid Fort Edmonton historic complex (several eras preserved in a huge park area.) Calgary has Heritage Park which is same Idea. I'd recommend as well seeing as many of the original train Hotels as well. They are dotted across the country, Banff Springs Hotel, Frontenac Hotel in Quebec City, Laurier in Ottawa among the best. York Hotel in Toronto and Empress hotel in Victoria certainly get a mention.

If you go to Vancouver stay at the sleepy little "Sylvia Hotel" A historic property with unbridled charm. In a great location on English bay. It used to be the ONLY building located right there..

In Toronto we've been lucky enough to spend weeks in the quaint "Selby hotel" The wartime abode of the famous Ernest Hemingway. Complete with their preserved Hemingway suite. I'm a huge fan so it was pretty amazing.

Being a history buff I like the fur Trade history, the Forts, the passages, portages and such and at Winnipeg, Fort Garry, Fort Edmonton, Jasper, Banff, and lower mainland BC I like to envision the fur trade routes whenever I travel through the regions. Best way to see Canada, if one has the time, is by train, or at least a portion thereof. Taking the affordable Via Rail from Edmonton through Rockies to Vancouver is pretty much a must and the one way trip takes 24hrs, very affordable. Its the best way because of course it largely follows valleys, it still travels much of the original passes and train routes. Its wonderful. Its our own Orient express. Comes right through Edmonton.

As a hiker I've also been on a fair number of historic pass routes. That's a whole other topic.

Hey, if you ever want to drop me a line for more information or anything let me know. I have kind of a passion in recommending Canadian tourism. Such a big country though and so much to see. You really have to pick what to prioritize. For me you can't miss the rockies, specifically Banff and Jasper National Parks. That should be part of any trip to Canada and most visitors agree.

Are there spooky haunted houses in Canada?

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
What's wrong with this team? Why do they always play like garbage in front of Talbot? From the moment they dropped the puck the entire team looked like @SS, yet let's blame Talbot for this loss. :S

And WTF was that call/non-call for high sticking? Like honestly the reffing...my Gad!

When is Hitchcock planning to turn this turd into magic beans? It's just so disheartening to watch this same BS every game. I'm a long time fan and I just can't keep doing this. I can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad