L. Schenn/Defense Logjam

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tripod's trade thread is full of people undervaluing Del Zotto and basing their opinion of him only on his bad 13-14 season, but that's expected. Look at how many people there claimed the Wild overpaid for Dubnyk with a 3rd round pick.

Seriously. I shudder at the idea of the 15-16 Flyers D without MDZ.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Tripod's trade thread is full of people undervaluing Del Zotto and basing their opinion of him only on his bad 13-14 season, but that's expected. Look at how many people there claimed the Wild overpaid for Dubnyk with a 3rd round pick.

Yeah...it's funny to see. And yet everyone knows how bad Carle was this year.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins fan here looking for some feedback on a trade proposal, I see you may be looking to trade Scheen , well I just proposed on our boards this trade involving said player. so here goes.............

To Philly: Lucic 33% retained/Smith/ Boston’s 14OA and 37 OA 2015
To Boston: Simmonds,Schenn,Philly 7th OA 2015

Philly gets legit LW to play on 1st line with 33% retained (cap reasons)
Smith to replace Simmonds on 2nd line
14th and 37th pick

Boston gets legit 2nd line RW with some grit on good contract
2nd pair D
7 OA

Our side seems to think it's fair , what do you think?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bruins fan here looking for some feedback on a trade proposal, I see you may be looking to trade Scheen , well I just proposed on our boards this trade involving said player. so here goes.............

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Nope, Lucic is a pending UFA next year. I like Lucic a lot but he's the type of player that teams overpay for in free agency even though it's not a good idea given the wear & tear that comes with the style of play they play while approaching their 30's.

Simmonds will be in the same boat when his contract runs up in 2018-2019.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Easy no.

We only need to move Simmonds if it gets us a young dman or LW with as much value as Simmonds.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

I do want to commend you on a reasonable and well thought out trade proposal. However, I would agree on the drawback of Lucic being a UFA. Wihle I'm not a big fan of his so I'm biased, Lucic on Giroux's left with Voracek running on RW would be quite the line.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
In all fairness, it's logical to have doubts over MDZ's sustainability. He was God awful in 2013-14 and inconsistent before that. It's totally possible that he'll regress back to mediocrity.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Probably not an unreasonable proposal but no from me. I prefer Simmonds to Lucic and our #7 to your #14. Those two considerations outweigh the rest for me. I'd rather draft Crouse or Werenski/Provorov with the #7.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Let's not go crazy...

one poster said it was fair, and one said "not bad". The others who posted are saying the same thing we are "lucic is a UFA, philly says no".

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Let's not go crazy...

one poster said it was fair, and one said "not bad". The others who posted are saying the same thing we are "lucic is a UFA, philly says no".

OP was saying that his side (Bruins fans) think it's fair. I didn't realize Lucic's pending UFA status so that makes it much less reasonable for me. Easy no for the Flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Lucic isn't going to produce enough more than Michael Raffl (who potted 20 in his 2nd season and is a better defensive player) to offset the drop-off in production/toughness/heart/leadership from Smith to Simmonds. Then you factor in Lucic as a Pending UFA and it makes it worse.

Moving our 7th for 14th and 37th to get rid of Schenn is brutal on our part. No chance in hell.

Pretty terrible trade for the Flyers overall.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013

14th and 37th pick

2nd pair D
7 OA

Easy no.
Simmonds > Lucic (plus simmonds contract)

Schenn will have value at the trade deadline. And to move down 7# to 14# for another 2nd round pick..

Could move to #10 for a 2nd.. and keep the better players on nicer contracts

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
With the addition of Medvedev it would appear the Flyers need to trade one or two defensemen this offseason. I'd like to gauge what the consensus think we could get for Luke Schenn in a trade...

Feel free to package players together or just state his draft pick value.

Assuming:
- Grossmann traded for a 4th or 5th rd pick
- Streit, MacDonald, MDZ, Medvedev, and Gudas are in the projected lineup.
- Vinny buyout/traded

My trade thoughts:
Trade L. Schenn and a mid round draft pick to Winnepeg for Burmistrov.

We need a solid 1st or 2nd line winger. He played with Medvedev, so he may be inclined to stay with us. This would enable us to move Morin or a young def up.

Hexy isn't going to overpay for a 30 something old winger. We're going to have to be patient with this entire process. Beleskey is the only one I see worth targeting in FA but he'll either stay in ANA or demand too much. He'll draft a players to fullfil our need for forwards and scoring.

I don't think its a good idea for Morin to start in the NHL. His defensive game needs some more work. I could see Ghost, Hagg or Manning starting with the Flyers.

I'm not that big of a fan of Burmistrov. Maybe as a bottom 6 guy but I wouldn't pay much for him. He's a bust, had 1 PPG season and that was in the O and kind of a floater. They may give Straka or Martel (although a rookie, he has tremendous skill) a shot in the bottom 6.

Mutual contract termination seems like the most logical for both parties, Vinny gets to choose a new team and Philly rids themselves of that contract.

They'll probably really try to move MacD. With such a lack of D available in FA, there may be a team willing to bite. Streit has been a mentor to Morin, as well as being one of the better dmen, so I believe they'll keep him. Just pray Umberger can put up some points next year and Hexy can fleece another GM at the deadline.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
What about something like L.Schenn for Loui Eriksson? Both have 1 year left, so no real risk....we swap an extra D for a vet LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad