GDT: L|"Blackbeard's Roost"|Preds @ Oilers|8:00PM|HNIC|Rexall

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
totally not true, but go ahead and bash Schultz some more. Maybe he hasn't got it enough in this thread yet.

Ok maybe Chara in his prime as well.

I was willing to give him a chance this year. It's become obvious that he just doesn't care at all. He's the worst kind of player to have in the dressing room. He's totally apathetic towards winning.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Tell me one thing. One single thing that he has done good tonight so far. Anything. Please.

He's been awful for sure. I'm not disputing that. I think Schultz needs better support, and he's not going to get it here in all likelihood. I just don't think a thread needs to be a bashfest on any single player unless the thread is named after them. Some posters here are way over the top.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He's been awful for sure. I'm not disputing that. I think Schultz needs better support, and he's not going to get it here in all likelihood. I just don't think a thread needs to be a bashfest on any single player unless the thread is named after them. Some posters here are way over the top.

schultz is putrid, who gives a ****.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The D was already exposed without Klefbom. Now without Davidson, who's been their 2nd best Dman, the emperor has absolutely no clothes. Still too many morons. Purcell is the latest idiot. These are supposed to be pros, yet at times they barely look like AHL quality players.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Eh, we're missing McDavid, Nuge, and Klef. They had the chances to be in this and allowed a fluky goal that should have been blown down.

It doesn't matter how many flukey goals we let in, we're not winning anything 1-0

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Instead of *****ing here, we all need to actually send SN some emails, letters, phone calls, and let them know how we feel. They aren't coming to HFOil to evaluate their broadcasters. Romanuk is total garbage, and we deserve better than that smirking ***hole calling our national games.
I've sent emails to Sportsnet in the past complaining about programming decisions (things like showing Flames games in Edmonton or reruns of EPL games instead of NBA playoff games.) they've never even bothered responding to me. They really don't care what their customers think.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
It will take time but Reinhardt has all the tools to succeed.
he has looked good tongiht.

I am glad people notice it, one thing that a scout told me once. I asked why is it that you can take 2 d-man who are equal in junior (equal stats, +/-, minutes played, ect) one breaks out immediately in the NHL and the other one takes 5 years.

He said they both got it the only difference is there is way to much pressure in the NHL and if you don't have it off the bat they start shaving things off your game (because they think your mentally incapable of learning).

1)too much pressure to develop fast - its a position you have to think a lot more than any other position, so people are always tinkering/telling you do this/that. Most G.M.s/coaches in the NHL shouldn't even look at a d-man till he's 22-23 (unless you know you have Doughty/Ekblad.

Look at Chicago they had Keith/Seabrook drafted back in 2002 - 03, they didn't play playoff hockey until 2008.

Detroit follows that same blueprint, Ken Holland has went publicly saying that the downfall of any organization is they rush players, especially d-man.

Yet this joke of an organization goes on about the failure of a 22 year old d-man

2) They then try to simplify you, when in reality what they should be doing is gradually letting you learn more of the playbook, and breaking you. It's why in football (minus first overalls you have to be patient with development - it's also why high rated qb's and defenseman in hockey fail consistently, and yet you can find someone late in the first or second round).

Both positions are actually very hard, and you want to build a repertoire, that over time builds a complete player.

The Oilers from watching the development and especially Eakins came from an angle of we're going to reteach you everything which you probably could leave every d-man in the pressbox. Unless you have vets that shut you out, your going to ruin good d-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad