Kyle Turris #1 center

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Agreed 100%. He's in the same tier as Kadri.
They are both elite 2cs who have at one time produced like a 1c

Turris has done it consistently alot more than Kadri. He also has 3 o.t winners is clutch and plays the 1 c role on a playoff team. Kadri has never been the 1 c on a playoff team.

I think he is high end number 2 or a low end number 1. He has the skill of a 1 C but he doesnt have the frame he goes through stretches where he isnt as effective because he isnt heavy enough.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Turris has done it consistently alot more than Kadri. He also has 3 o.t winners is clutch and plays the 1 c role on a playoff team. Kadri has never been the 1 c on a playoff team.

I think he is high end number 2 or a low end number 1. He has the skill of a 1 C but he doesnt have the frame he goes through stretches where he isnt as effective because he isnt heavy enough.

If Kadri was on the Sens this year he would be the 1C and bump Turris to 2C. Kadri and Turris are pretty much the same size and height and I think are very similar only Naz has the nasty streak in his game

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

Lmao what? How has Turris done "it consistently a lot more than Kadri".

If we are going to nitpick then I'm sure playing with Ottawas best players benefits Turris more than Kadri playing with Komarov.

If Turris had the skill of a 1c... he'd be a 1c.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Kadri was on the Sens this year he would be the 1C and bump Turris to 2C. Kadri and Turris are pretty much the same size and height and I think are very similar only Naz has the nasty streak in his game

Thanks for your input.

Lmao what? How has Turris done "it consistently a lot more than Kadri".

If we are going to nitpick then I'm sure playing with Ottawas best players benefits Turris more than Kadri playing with Komarov.

If Turris had the skill of a 1c... he'd be a 1c.

He has done it more consistently because he has done it more consistently. Its not hard just go to hockey db then correlate his stats with the sens team success in comparison to kadri. Kadri has never been a 1 c on a playoff team. When he was the best centerman on Toronto they never made the playoffs.

Did you even read my post? Turris doesnt have the physical frame to be a high end 1 C but he has plenty of skill. Is it that hard of a concept to understand? I even explained it in the post he is inconsistent because he gets tired.

I am not sure why this is about the leafs but its pretty consistent for this board to have a thread hijacked and turned into a leafs thread.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Thanks for your input.

He has done it more consistently because he has done it more consistently. Its not hard just go to hockey db then correlate his stats with the sens team success in comparison to kadri. Kadri has never been a 1 c on a playoff team. When he was the best centerman on Toronto they never made the playoffs.

Did you even read my post? Turris doesnt have the physical frame to be a high end 1 C but he has plenty of skill. Is it that hard of a concept to understand? I even explained it in the post he is inconsistent because he gets tired.

I am not sure why this is about the leafs but its pretty consistent for this board to have a thread hijacked and turned into a leafs thread.

You used the word " a lot". In no world has Turris been A LOT more consistent than Kadri.

Yes, I did read your post and you didn't say he has a lot of skill, you said he has 1c skill. If he had 1c skill then he would be a 1c. Is that so hard to understand?

You started a conversation about Kadri and Turris and then ***** that it turns into a leaf thread?

All I did was mention that Turris is in a certain class of centre then gave an example.

When people talk about McDavid and someone mentions that him and Crosby are in a tier of their own, would you say " omg now this thread is all about Crosby"?
Would you then start an argument about Crosby then ***** about people talking about Crosby when you're the one to start the argument?
Don't start an argument if you don't want to talk about it lmao. Not a hard concept to understand... well for some

PS. Funny how you ignored me " Turris gets to play with OttawaSenators best players" comment. I guess we don't talk about things that don't favour the sens player.

Regardless of all this bickering, this is about Turris and not Kadri vs Turris

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

If Kadri had Turris' character he'd be a superstar. But Kadri doesn't and he's not the kind of player you win with.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
How many recent Stanley Cup winners have a player with character as poor as Kadri's playing a prominent role?

Uhh Marchand? Also, you think Babcock and Lou would let a player with such a bad attitude around Nylander, Marner and Matthews?

You're making **** up.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Just because a player plays nasty on the ice, like Kesler, Marchand, or a Kadri / Phaneuf type to a lesser extent, doesn't mean he has character issues.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Since 2013-2014, Kyle Turris has been the 35th most productive centre in the NHL by point per game (among active players with >70gp).

For reference, that 207 points in 299 games played (0.69ppg). Despite being physically unimposing, he is also a very capable defensive player.

That point/game ranking also obviously includes all those games he played injured last year, where he scored a handful of points in like 20 games before shutting it down for the year.

All things considered, I'd agree that he's right in that liminal zone between 1C/2C.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Aside from Karlsson, Ottawa has a collection of some of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Turris
Anderson
Stone
Hoffman
Pageau
Methot

All underrated players.

Funny how much the Sens have been disrespected on HF especially. They are a good team, and still have Chabot, White and Brown coming soon. The other Eastern Canadian fanbases have been especially dismissive of the Sens on HF. Glad to see them getting their due.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Arizona gets some credit, they can sure develop a two-way forward.

They tried to develop him as a two way forward but Gretzky's incompetence and feeding his ego led him to be a soft player. Tippet tried to develop him into a two way player but he resisted.

Turris is a lower end #1C for this team. He's clutch, but he has periods where he goes completely invisible and he doesn't always seem to thrive against those heavy, physical teams because he doesn't seem to have the physical frame for it. Ideally, he would be a #2C but it is what it is.

No, he just didn't want to learn. He's a dangerous forward when no one is covering him. However, when he's covered or has (key term here) to dig pucks out of the corners, he's barely average.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Turris = Bozak

I don't see the comparison other than they've had similar points output. Turris is a better player beyond the points. That being said, Bozak is also an underated player, but he's not as good as Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad