Kyle Turris #1 center

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
We need to talk about how great this guy is playing. He struggled early on in his career but started living up to his draft stock since going to Ottawa.

Karlsson is obviously amazing but Turris is their next most important player

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
On the Sens board, Turris was widely considered one of our biggest disappointments of the post-season before game 5 against the Rangers.

Turris is a wonderful guy in the community and played a great game tonight, but this sounds like it's someone who's only been watching him for the past week.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
On the Sens board, Turris was widely considered one of our biggest disappointments of the post-season before game 5 against the Rangers.

Turris is a wonderful guy in the community and played a great game tonight, but this sounds like it's someone who's only been watching him for the past week.

What are you talking about? He's been good for 2 seasons. He's great everytime I watch the Sens play. He's great against the Leafs.

I didn't just start watch last week

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Stepan is a very comparable player. A very solid twoway center who doesnt score enough to be considered a legit #1.
Will be interesting to see if Sens can manage to win with him as their #1C. Long time since a team won without a highend #1C.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He wasn't super noticeable through the Bruins series and about half of the Rangers series. Still has trouble protecting the puck.

But he's been lights out the last week or so. Really stepped up. That's the luxury of depth.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
he's been killing it in the faceoff circle. Brass too. Boucher hockey doesnt work without reliable centres.

10-5 against crosby and malkin today.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Can we have another thread Pageau #1 centre?

Man match up both with Malkin and Crosby all night and soundly win the battles vs both?

What a game by both Turris and Pageau. They are playingnso physical and so tough and so skilled.

I am sure Crosby and/or Malkin are gonna be better than Turris and Pageau but beast level tonight and all playoffs for both.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Turris is a lower end #1C when he's on his game.

Pre injury last year he was really good and he has really picked it up since G5 vs the Rangers...

He has always been able to score big clutch timely goals..

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Turris is a lower end #1C when he's on his game.

Pre injury last year he was really good and he has really picked it up since G5 vs the Rangers...

He has always been able to score big clutch timely goals..

Yup. He isn't going to carry a line but he can be a big contributor to it. I want to say it was game 5 that he had Hoffman and Mac on his wing but that might have game 6 but no either way he looks better when he has talent on his wings. No offense to Dzingel and Burrows.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Not what I classify him as... but this entire sens team is performing when it matters most. Good for him/them. What else can you ask for out of a group?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not a true number 1 ,but more of a very solid 1b.Would be an excellent number 2 man :nod:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The trend in Cup champions has a much better C as their number one - statistically anyway, than Turris. Ottawa plays a team game with solid top 9 wingers, they might be able to get away with Turris and Brassard for a while longer, but the lack of elite level C may haunt them soon.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
He's the most important forward on Ottawa. Stone is the best and Hoffman is the most dynamic, but this team needs Turris to play well.

His playoffs didn't start well this year, but I think he was recovering from an injury.

Last year showed what this team looks like without Turris.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Turris is probably Ottawa's most consistent forward.

Consistent in his effort and consistent in his production.

He had some slumps when he played injured but overall he's pretty reliable.

He also was 5 games short of the franchise record iron-man streak at 307 consecutive games.

He plays the game both ways and is a good face-off man as well.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Turris is an awesome 2-way player. Lately, his game just doesn't have any quit in it.

He's like a Bergeron-lite in a sense.

They have very similar point-totals and are exceptional defensively, however, Bergeron gets the edge in terms of physicality, faceoff % and of course his general reputation as a playoff warrior.

At this point in his career I don't know if it will ever happen, but if Turris manages to pack on some muscle to match the intensity he seemed to find at the end of that Rangers' series I could see him finding an extra gear and becoming a monster for us.

If not, he's what I would consider an elite second line C and would fit into that role beautifully on most competitive teams in the league.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Turris is an awesome 2-way player. Lately, his game just doesn't have any quit in it.

He's like a Bergeron-lite in a sense.

They have very similar point-totals and are exceptional defensively, however, Bergeron gets the edge in terms of physicality, faceoff % and of course his general reputation as a playoff warrior.

At this point in his career I don't know if it will ever happen, but if Turris manages to pack on some muscle to match the intensity he seemed to find at the end of that Rangers' series I could see him finding an extra gear and becoming a monster for us.

If not, he's what I would consider an elite second line C and would fit into that role beautifully on most competitive teams in the league.

Bergeron is also a possession beat

member 248215

Turris is absolutely a #1C and has been very good and consistent for Ottawa for years now. A drop in performance after an injury where his knee essentially bent backwards doesn't change that.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Bergeron is also a possession beat

Very true. When comparing them directly nearly all of the 'intangibles' go in Bergy's favor.

That's why he's unanimously considered to be a high-calibre #1C despite only putting up 53 and 55 points in two of his past three seasons.

Turris and Bergeron have nearly identical scoring output's over the last handful of regular seasons but you'd be hard pressed to find someone saying Kyle Turris is a better than Patrice Bergeron.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The trend in Cup champions has a much better C as their number one - statistically anyway, than Turris. Ottawa plays a team game with solid top 9 wingers, they might be able to get away with Turris and Brassard for a while longer, but the lack of elite level C may haunt them soon.

You mean Pageau?? :sarcasm:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Aside from Karlsson, Ottawa has a collection of some of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Turris
Anderson
Stone
Hoffman
Pageau
Methot

All underrated players.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Please delete this thread...the Blues want to trade for him in the offseason. We don't need any unwanted attention on Turris as a 1C. :)

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

The Sens board also thought that playing Chris Neil in game 5 was going to cost them the series. The loudest people are often the dumbest. This thread > Sens board

Turris has been playing great and doing it all. 21 hits all season and in game 5 against the Rangers the guy throws 9 hits. Last night he was schooling Crosby in the faceoff circle. It's been fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad