Signing(s): Kyle Shanahan the new 49ers HC

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Well because McCloughan was deep in the bottle then.

Nolan was McDaniels DC in '09 and the reason the Broncos were in position to pull out those fluke wins in the 6 game win streak. They had a sideline confrontation in the loss at Indy latter that year that caused them to mutually part ways at the end of the season (to hilarious mealy mouthing about it as well).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nolan was McDaniels DC in '09 and the reason the Broncos were in position to pull out those fluke wins in the 6 game win streak. They had a sideline confrontation in the loss at Indy latter that year that caused them to mutually part ways at the end of the season (to hilarious mealy mouthing about it as well).

Thought you meant Scot. My bad.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I thought he was pretty overrated prior to going to the Falcons but he has done a very good job with them. It'll be interesting to see how does with a team that currently has almost zero offensive talent. For his sake hopefully York will be patient for once so they can build it up.

That's Hasbro's website.

Realistically York shouldn't even be running the team, but I guess when you parents don't care about their football team.....

Shanahan has done a good job of separating himself from his dad. In WSH he was dogged by all the "got the job cause his dads running the show" comments but this year he really proved himself.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The qb that actually had a decent statistical year with no talent around him??

It was difficult to evaluate Kaepernick this year...as a suffering Niners fan, I watched every single game this year.

And Kap really had very little to work with, the Niners are extremely thin on talent at the skill positions beyond Carlos Hyde and he's either always banged up or easily shut down as the only viable threat on offense.

There were some good things from Kap this year, but overall, the same thing that have plagued him when the team was actually good (accuracy, pocket presence, touch, etc) still plague him today.

Perhaps if he had an offense that was more tailored to his skillset things would be different, but I personally think that he's maxed out as an NFL QB. He just can't make the right decisions or throws when he's in the pocket and for me, that's a sign that you're not a starting caliber QB on a team that has any aspirations.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
From Schefter.......

Former Washington offensive coordinator and current Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is set to become the San Francisco 49ers' head coach after Atlanta's season ends. San Francisco needs a quarterback as much as any other team in the league. If Cousins is available, the 49ers would pursue him as hard as they've pursued Shanahan.

Even if Washington tags Cousins, San Francisco could attempt to pry him loose in a trade with a package that could include this year's No. 2 overall draft pick. And if Washington doesn't want to deal now, it could have issues later.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18510320/nfl-2016-chris-mortensen-adam-schefter-championship-round-notebook-chip-kelly-bill-belichick-kirk-cousins-antonio-brown-more

Oh boy. Could you imagine trading the 2nd overall pick for Cousins and then giving him $20m+/yr?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Things changed pretty quickly. In the first half last night I saw people saying how lucky the Niners were for getting someone who was doing that to the Pats. Now they're talking about the role he played in costing the Falcons the Super Bowl.

What's this Matt Schaub stuff I saw the other day? Just a bad rumour?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
rewatching the game, he totally blew the game late, but he called a great offense for 18 games and 3 quarters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad