Signing(s): Kyle Shanahan the new 49ers HC

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You mean you hope it isn't mutual. Mike Silver said that the 49ers gig was his second choice after Denver.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Curious why McD is out. On his own accord or the 49ers?

As I said in a previous thread, I believe McDaniels is all but sealed to Detroit if Caldwell is fired in another year or two.

The New England connections are there. Unless McDaniels believes he will take over for Belichick once he eventually retires.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They got an honest assessment from anyone who was around the broncos in 09-10.

You can keep playing this card, but its been stale for about 6 years now.

So BB retires with Brady in another year or two and it's McD's job?

IMO Belichick coaches/GMs till the end of time, or he has health issues. The guy has not slowed down in over 30 years of coaching, and sure having the GOAT helps but he just seems to enjoy coaching, even if his facial expressions beg to differ.

If he wants to be a HC, he'd be stupid not to go to SF.

Yea, plus its where his pops re-established himself way back in the 90s. Good omen.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDaniels' ego couldn't fit inside Mile High.

McDaniels-Fired.jpg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He was awful to everyone in that office, on the team and in the press who wasn't his guy.

Spot on.

The problem is Josh McDaniels thinks he is BB, but has just rode the coat tails of Bill (like pretty much every other member of his coaching tree).

He does have talent as a play caller and there's some average-above average skill in scouting/selecting players, but his people skills are absolutely atrocious. So are Bill's, but Josh unfortunately isn't the genius in other areas that Bill is. The other big difference is Bill is an introverted jerk, while Josh is the extroverted type. Makes a big difference to fans and media.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought he was pretty overrated prior to going to the Falcons but he has done a very good job with them. It'll be interesting to see how does with a team that currently has almost zero offensive talent. For his sake hopefully York will be patient for once so they can build it up.

Lololol @ joshmcdanielssucks.com

That's Hasbro's website.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I thought he was pretty overrated prior to going to the Falcons but he has done a very good job with them. It'll be interesting to see how does with a team that currently has almost zero offensive talent. For his sake hopefully York will be patient for once so they can build it up.

That's Hasbro's website.

It'll be similar to 2005 when they hired Nolan and McCloughan. He gave Nolan 5 years. Hopefully the results are better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad