Value of: Kyle Palmieri

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It's wild to me that there are several posters here willing to part with a 1st round pick for Palmieri. He will not return a first. I would put money on it.

Right now it's a 2nd and a B prospect, and that's based on reputation alone. Based on his play he wouldn't return anything right now.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It's wild to me that there are several posters here willing to part with a 1st round pick for Palmieri. He will not return a first. I would put money on it.

Right now it's a 2nd and a B prospect, and that's based on reputation alone. Based on his play he wouldn't return anything right now.
“Based on reputation alone“ - should be a 2nd and B prospect ??
.... whaaaaat?

His reputation is of a consistent 25-30g scoring winger ? That is normally a late first territory trade value.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Poulin and a 2022 second. (2021 second contingent if NJ retains salary.)

For Palmieri.

Would that work?

giphy.gif

Reactions: banks

devils29

Jan 9, 2019

I will easily take that bet

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's exactly why I started with "Right now?" If NJD waits closer to trade deadline and his game picks up, I agree that hi value will increase. I think it'll be a tough year to get first round picks unless teams have space/ are acquiring exemption protected players.

If anything this is the year that's easiest to get 1st round picks.

This draft is going to be a mess.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
KP like a lot of players this year off to slow starts....He is a dependable 40 to 50 point player and he will get going this year....He plays with grit as well and will fight.....If he doesn't get going and they trade him which I don't want based on this yr he's probably with a late first or second if he gets going he'll bring back a first.....Great fit for multiple teams especially Boston they'll love him as an add....I hope Devils sign him a 4 yr for in 4 to 5 range great team player and Vet for younger players to have around.

Reactions: dls

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

He should return a first based on reputation alone. I won’t trade him for anything less than that

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Can you provide an example of a similar player returning a 1st as a deadline rental recently?
Last year Jason Zucker was traded for a conditional first and galchenyuk and a prospect. Pittsburgh decided to keep their first at the draft and now Minnesota has Pittsburgh’s unprotected 2021 first. Now zucker was not a ufa but he is a comparable player and his cap hit is probably similar to what palms next contract will be.

also last year jg pageau was traded for a first, second, and third and he was a ufa. He was a pure rental, the islanders ended up resigning him and he would be another comparable player imo and his new contract is probably in palms range as well

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Last year Jason Zucker was traded for a conditional first and galchenyuk and a prospect. Pittsburgh decided to keep their first at the draft and now Minnesota has Pittsburgh’s unprotected 2021 first. Now zucker was not a ufa but he is a comparable player and his cap hit is probably similar to what palms next contract will be.

also last year jg pageau was traded for a first, second, and third and he was a ufa. He was a pure rental, the islanders ended up resigning him and he would be another comparable player imo and his new contract is probably in palms range as well

Pageau's extension was signed the day he was traded, it was negotiated before the trade. That's not a rental.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
2nd line-type skill wingers traded at the deadline recently:

2020 - Toffoli, a multi-time cup winner on pace for ~25 goals,went for an expiring dump, a promising prospect (Madden) and a 2nd from a bubble team.

2019 - Nyquist was on pace for ~63 points and with retention, returned a 2nd and a conditional 2nd, which ended up a 3rd, from a contender. He did come with a full NTC, however.

2019 - Dzingel was on pace for a 30/30 season and returned 2 2nds and a contract dump from a bubble team.

2019 - Zuccarello was on pace for ~66 points and was dealt for two conditional 1sts that ultimately turned out to be a 2nd+3rd from a solid, but unspectacular playoff team.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Pageau's extension was signed the day he was traded, it was negotiated before the trade. That's not a rental.
It was a rental and there is no reason any team couldn't negotiate an extension with any trade deadline acquisition if the interested team wants to go that route. Just because it doesn't fit into your dialogue doesn't mean Pageau wasn't a rental.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It was a rental and there is no reason any team couldn't negotiate an extension with any trade deadline acquisition if the interested team wants to go that route. Just because it doesn't fit into your dialogue doesn't mean Pageau wasn't a rental.

IIRC, when The Devils moved Taylor Hall, his refusal to negotiate an extension with the destination club reduced the return that Ray Shero could get for him.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
IIRC, when The Devils moved Taylor Hall, his refusal to negotiate an extension with the destination club reduced the return that Ray Shero could get for him.
and look how that turned out for Hall. But there are plenty examples of players that would negotiate including Pageau, Pacioretty and Stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad