Value of: Kyle Palmieri

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
What playoff team would like to add this goal scoring rw. Asking for a late first or a solid rd prospect to start the bidding. Probably should include some lesser plus too maybe a first and third gets it done or a solid rd prospect and a second

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What playoff team would like to add this goal scoring rw. Asking for a late first or a solid rd prospect to start the bidding. Probably should include some lesser plus too maybe a first and third gets it done or a solid rd prospect and a second
You should probably add Devs can retain a bunch to help the return.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Right now?
Probably a second and a mid prospect based on reputation. Palmieri had a 4 game stretch scoring 6 of his 9 points, but other than that, he's value I think fell from what it could have been the beginning of the season.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Right now?
Probably a second and a mid prospect based on reputation. Palmieri had a 4 game stretch scoring 6 of his 9 points, but other than that, he's value I think fell from what it could have been the beginning of the season.

If you’re not going to put value into his small sample size of good play this season, why would you put value into the small sample size of bad play to start the year?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'd flip the Bruins first for Palmieri in a heart beat. Bruins have needed a second line scorer basically since Iginla left, and the way Sweemey drafts off the board, firsts and thirds have similar value to the Bruins so its not a big loss.

Proposal:

To NJ: Bos 1st, Kase (cap and can replace Palmieri at RW when healthy)

To Bos: Palmieri + 3rd

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Jake debrusk

I'd flip the Bruins first for Palmieri in a heart beat. Bruins have needed a second line scorer basically since Iginla left, and the way Sweemey drafts off the board, firsts and thirds have similar value to the Bruins so its not a big loss.

Proposal:

I'd take either of these. Palmieri is a great player and a great Devil, but I think it's time to close the book.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you’re not going to put value into his small sample size of good play this season, why would you put value into the small sample size of bad play to start the year?
I'm not. I'm saying he's been disappointing this season and won't bring back as much as he would have prior to the season starting. I'm not pumping any value into that 4 game sample size where he put up 6 points.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'm not. I'm saying he's been disappointing this season and won't bring back as much as he would have prior to the season starting. I'm not pumping any value into that 4 game sample size where he put up 6 points.

One would think his incredibly consistent track record from the past 5 seasons or so would help alleviate concerns of his slow 10 game start to the season, especially since he started scoring again.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldn't give a first but I would consider give a promising young RD in Ethan Bear, in the hopes that we could extend Palmeiri. Any idea what type of cash/term he is asking for?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

As opposed the 13 game sample size where he has 3 points?

I don't disagree that his start this season has dampened his trade value a bit, but I think the amount it's hurt him is overstated. Palmieri just turned 30 a few days ago, so there really shouldn't be any age-related decline at this point. He's streaky, but has consistently produced each season for the Devils - scoring at exactly a 30-goal pace over 82 games over his first 5 seasons in NJ, including a 31.5 goal pace last season (in 4 of those 5 seasons, he's scored goals between a 29.9-31.7 rate over 82 games).

Palmieri came off a 10-month layoff with no pre-season games and his usual center out with an injury. They also had a 2 week+ break due to the COVID outbreak and there's a new coaching staff in place. It's an odd season all around, so no surprise that some players are struggling. Let's see where his game is a month from now as the TDL approaches.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As opposed the 13 game sample size where he has 3 points?

I don't disagree that his start this season has dampened his trade value a bit, but I think the amount it's hurt him is overstated. Palmieri just turned 30 a few days ago, so there really shouldn't be any age-related decline at this point. He's streaky, but has consistently produced each season for the Devils - scoring at exactly a 30-goal pace over 82 games over his first 5 seasons in NJ, including a 31.5 goal pace last season (in 4 of those 5 seasons, he's scored goals between a 29.9-31.7 rate over 82 games).

Palmieri came off a 10-month layoff with no pre-season games and his usual center out with an injury. They also had a 2 week+ break due to the COVID outbreak and there's a new coaching staff in place. It's an odd season all around, so no surprise that some players are struggling. Let's see where his game is a month from now as the TDL approaches.

That's exactly why I started with "Right now?" If NJD waits closer to trade deadline and his game picks up, I agree that hi value will increase. I think it'll be a tough year to get first round picks unless teams have space/ are acquiring exemption protected players.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario

It's not like he is a flash in the pan scorer here. He's a proven goal scorer.

Honestly, I think he needs a change of scenery to get going again. Same with Gusev.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I'd do a 1st and someone not named liljigren or sandin. Jersey can likely get a bidding war going for something a bit better though

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

Proposal:

I would do either of the Boston trades too. Like someone else said we can retain on palms to get a better return. I would rather retain 50% instead of adding a third which should be an early third but we are nitpicking here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad