Value of: Kyle Palmieri

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I dont' want to trade Palmieri, but I think I would do Palmieri for Bean + Nino

That's a great deal for the Devils, IMO it'll work out like a lesser version of the Patches to Vegas trade.

Nino is a dump after the season he had, but I think he'll fit in like a glove beside Hischier or Hughes and Bean is still a good prospect that's NHL ready.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Can Bean defend decently and does he have any physical element to his game? NJ is soft as melted butter and the GM has stated he wants the blue line to be harder to play against. Value aside I’m not sure Bean is a guy who fits that bill or if he is just more of the same since the team already has Will Butcher and Ty Smith.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Bingo bango bongo.

We like Bean a lot but we already have Slavin, Skjei, Fleury, and Gardiner on the left side. Even if we lose one to expansion draft we’re still full on the left side
Before losing Slavin in the ED for nothing, the Devils would take the burden of you for Palms and a first.:nod:

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
You guys might be getting a call from the God Father...Lou. He just might be the right guy to play with Barzy. As for an offer....I would go one of two ways:
Toews + 2nd
or
Wilde + 1st in 2021

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He's only 29, so he should be good for another 3-5 years. We'll need some veteran presence on this team, and the guy loves playing for us.
Yeah, but is it 3 or 5? Because on a 6-7 year contract, that's going to be a big difference. Which brings me to asking if anybody knows what kind of contract he's looking for? Going to be a pay raise for sure, but is it one of those 6-7 year deals?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Zadorov + Donskoi/Compher.
I have wanted Zadorov ever since Hall was being shopped around as a Devil.

Rumors tied to Colorado for Hall I wanted Zadorov as one of the pieces coming back.
Zadorov is EXACTLY what the Devils need. Maybe not as the main piece coming back in a Palms trade , but somehow I want to get Zadorov on the Devils

Devils need winger(s) for Nico and Hughes so I dont know how I feel about trading Palms unless he wants too long of term and/or we acquire a winger via trade or UFA

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I don’t understand why most devils fans are obsessed with zadarov. He is not exactly what we need. We already have enough players that make bonehead plays why do we need to add another?

zadarov is big and can hit and that’s about it. He doesn’t read plays well, he loses his man in d zone coverage half the time, he completely takes himself out of the play to go for a hit. I’d be furious if we traded palms for him

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nino, Skjei, Bean for Palmieri and Vancouver’s 1st.

Idea of trading Skjei or Gardiner would be to open a spot for Bean. Hard for the Canes to deal two NHL-ready LHD without any replacement. They would still have Slavin/Fleury/Gardiner on the left side but that turns a strength into a weakness.

Individually any of the deals mentioned could work.
1) Bean + Nino for Palmieri (ideally extended)
2) Bean + Nino for VAN 1st
3) Skjei for VAN or ARI 1st

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hell no to skeji are you out of your mind?!
No. He’s fine. Not great, not terrible. Big, good skater, 26 on an okay contract that expires before he hits 30, can play 20+ minutes a night and not get caved in. Nino is decent and could help offset the loss of Palmieri. Bean hopefully ready to contribute and makes Butcher expendable.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Add in a 2nd this year because we are taking a TON of cap back but i would do that
that’s fair to ask but I’d counter that the value of dunn and the first plus what you can get for bozak at the next deadline makes yp the difference on Palmeri and steen and his cap. We also don’t have a second this or next year.

I’d probably throw in a 4th to get the deal done, but not sure how many Blues fans would even accept the initial offer

Reactions: devils29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad