Value of: Kyle Palmieri

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
"The Devils have begun preliminary discussions with Kyle Palmieri’s camp led by agent Brian Bartlett, sources told me this week, and in the meantime, teams are calling about his availability. (...) Palmieri, 29, has one year remaining on a five-year deal carrying a $4.65-million AAV. It’s been nothing but a bargain deal. He’s scored 132 goals in five seasons over 363 games, which on average is 30 goals per 82 games." The Athletic

I don't mind if the Devils re-sign Palmieri (actually I prefer that), but if they don't, what are the offers for him? The Devils are looking for picks, prospects and youngish wingers and dmen.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
I feel like palms is one of those players that feels more valued to the devils than he does to other teams. I don't know if they'll get fair value back. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him yet would like to see what they could get for him.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Love Palms , he is the Devils only player with any sort of finish. However his age does not really go with the core. I dont really want to get rid of our only "sniper" but I also do not want to give him a loing term contract wither.
If he can be traded for a young , shoot first type forward or LHD then I guess I would be ok with it.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I feel like palms is one of those players that feels more valued to the devils than he does to other teams. I don't know if they'll get fair value back. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him yet would like to see what they could get for him.
Perhaps. On the other hand: "A crossroads moment is coming at some point regarding a player that’s highly coveted around the league."

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Fair value is relative. If we don't sign him, he's a rental and we ship him off regardless. He'd get at least the Toffoli deal back

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Devils don't move him unless the return is a 1st round pick and top prospect.

I think Palmieri could get a late 1st or a top prospect with an extension in place. Maybe a 1st + decent prospect with the right team and extension.

With a decent extension I'd pay up Jake Bean or Haydn Fleury + B future (2020 2nd, Drury, Puistola, Fensore, Honka, etc.). Plus a Cap piece like Niederreiter, Dzingle, or Gardiner.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils should not be trading Palmieri for anything short of a young, established defender. Devils don't really need more prospects or picks. We desperately need another young defender to compliment Severson and hopefully Smith to help solidify the defense.

If I am Fitzgerald, I would target Dumba, Hanifin, Carlo, etc. Devils likely have to settle with an older defender or less proven one. Perhaps it might take a Palmieri extension to get done or a bigger deal, but that should be what we set our sights on.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I think Palmieri could get a late 1st or a top prospect with an extension in place. Maybe a 1st + decent prospect with the right team and extension.

With a decent extension I'd pay up Jake Bean or Haydn Fleury + B future (2020 2nd, Drury, Puistola, Fensore, Honka, etc.). Plus a Cap piece like Niederreiter, Dzingle, or Gardiner.
Yeah, I would be interested. Bean, Puistola or 2020 2nd and Niederreiter for Palmieri with an extension.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Canes want in. We have a Jake Bean and other picks and prospects available.

Ideally would like to send back some salary to balance things in the way of Nino or Dzingel

Bean’s AHL numbers are super impressive. I’m assuming the only reason he hasn’t become an NHL regular yet is due to the Canes insane depth on the back end?

And he’s a LHD? Fits exactly what the Devils are looking for.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Love Palms , he is the Devils only player with any sort of finish. However his age does not really go with the core. I dont really want to get rid of our only "sniper" but I also do not want to give him a loing term contract wither.
If he can be traded for a young , shoot first type forward or LHD then I guess I would be ok with it.

He's only 29, so he should be good for another 3-5 years. We'll need some veteran presence on this team, and the guy loves playing for us.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Bean’s AHL numbers are super impressive. I’m assuming the only reason he hasn’t become an NHL regular yet is due to the Canes insane depth on the back end?

And he’s a LHD? Fits exactly what the Devils are looking for.

Bingo bango bongo.

We like Bean a lot but we already have Slavin, Skjei, Fleury, and Gardiner on the left side. Even if we lose one to expansion draft we’re still full on the left side

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have zero interest in trading Palmieri. We have 2 very young centers that need to be surrounded by veteran players to help continue their development. He is simply too important to the team, I prefer we could and extend him.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Bingo bango bongo.

We like Bean a lot but we already have Slavin, Skjei, Fleury, and Gardiner on the left side. Even if we lose one to expansion draft we’re still full on the left side

Damn, sounds like the kind of problem I wish the Devils had

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad